Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New project: Superstars in the making

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: New project: Superstars in the making Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm going to be compiling a list of the top 20 players in the NFL who appear poised for superstardom and I'm soliciting opinions from every fanbase to nominate a player from their team.

Please discuss the possible players to nominate here. Make a poll if you must.

I'll also need one or two of you to provide quotes explaining why you think this player is a future star in the league, and possibly some videos or gifs of highlights, if available.

A couple of rules for inclusion, however:

1. The player must be on his rookie contract.
2. The player must not have been selected to any Pro Bowls or received any other league awards.

Thanks for your help!
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New project: Superstars in the making Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm going to be compiling a list of the top 20 players in the NFL who appear poised for superstardom and I'm soliciting opinions from every fanbase to nominate a player from their team.

Please discuss the possible players to nominate here. Make a poll if you must.

I'll also need one or two of you to provide quotes explaining why you think this player is a future star in the league, and possibly some videos or gifs of highlights, if available.

A couple of rules for inclusion, however:

1. The player must be on his rookie contract.
2. The player must not have been selected to any Pro Bowls or received any other league awards.

Thanks for your help!

Shane Ray
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Simmons I think he replaces Ward nicely.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...seems like we would be doing all the work for you.
Counselor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

Laughing true and we aren't being paid
Starless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
No, I'd be doing all the writeups. I just need some help with identifying and researching players.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
No, I'd be doing all the writeups. I just need some help with identifying and researching players.

He's being facetious lol.

Justin Simmons and Bradley Roby would be the two players you could single out who are still on rookie contracts. Neither have received awards or Pro Bowl nods.

Roby has been Denver's #3 CB since he was drafted in Round 1 of the 2014 draft. He's started 10 games, but hasn't missed a game in his 3 years in the league. Roby has a knack for turnovers, intercepting 5 passes and forcing 4 fumbles from the #3CB position in 3 years. He had two defensive TDs this year and 31 pass defensed for his career. He kicks outside in 3 WR sets or covers slot receivers on occasion. I believe he has played about 60% of his snaps over that 3 year period.

Simmons was Denver's 3rd round pick in the 2016 draft. He was the #3 safety or 5th DB during Denver's 2016 campaign. He played in 13 games, amassing 30 tackles, 2 INTs, a blocked kick (returned for a TD during the NO game), 4 pass defended and 1 sack. He's an active defender who flows well to the ball and was underrated coming out of college because he played for an awful BC defense. He is the likely heir apparent at safety once TJ Ward is gone, despite the fact that he's a natural FS not SS.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He is the likely heir apparent at safety once TJ Ward is gone, despite the fact that he's a natural FS not SS.

I think he has the body of a FS, but mentally he has convinced himself that he is way bigger than he is. Which is awesome most of the time, just cause for injury concern.

Regardless, he is a really promising guy. I think we hit on both Simmons and Parks. And that with Talib eventually out of town, we may have to re-scheme to include 2 CB's (CHJR / Roby) and 3 safety sets (Darian / Simmons / Parks) rather than our usual 3 CB and 2 safety sets, since our talent level at S will be high. If that works, we can avoid using a premium pick on a CB, and it may finally alleviate our Achilles heel of TE's killing us (Although it wasn't as bad in 2017).

I love me some 3 Safety sets, especially when you have someone like Simmons who can play man-coverage.
Counselor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Starless wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

He's being facetious lol.

Justin Simmons and Bradley Roby would be the two players you could single out who are still on rookie contracts. Neither have received awards or Pro Bowl nods.

Roby has been Denver's #3 CB since he was drafted in Round 1 of the 2014 draft. He's started 10 games, but hasn't missed a game in his 3 years in the league. Roby has a knack for turnovers, intercepting 5 passes and forcing 4 fumbles from the #3CB position in 3 years. He had two defensive TDs this year and 31 pass defensed for his career. He kicks outside in 3 WR sets or covers slot receivers on occasion. I believe he has played about 60% of his snaps over that 3 year period.

Simmons was Denver's 3rd round pick in the 2016 draft. He was the #3 safety or 5th DB during Denver's 2016 campaign. He played in 13 games, amassing 30 tackles, 2 INTs, a blocked kick (returned for a TD during the NO game), 4 pass defended and 1 sack. He's an active defender who flows well to the ball and was underrated coming out of college because he played for an awful BC defense. He is the likely heir apparent at safety once TJ Ward is gone, despite the fact that he's a natural FS not SS.

The block was returned for a 2 point conversion by Parks not a TD.
Starless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=585830&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Roby is #7 for those who haven't been keeping up.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome write up man, the work overall is tremendous. I learned quite a bit about a variety of players which is always appreciated.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: