You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New project: Superstars in the making

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: New project: Superstars in the making Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm going to be compiling a list of the top 20 players in the NFL who appear poised for superstardom and I'm soliciting opinions from every fanbase to nominate a player from their team.

Please discuss the possible players to nominate here. Make a poll if you must.

I'll also need one or two of you to provide quotes explaining why you think this player is a future star in the league, and possibly some videos or gifs of highlights, if available.

A couple of rules for inclusion, however:

1. The player must be on his rookie contract.
2. The player must not have been selected to any Pro Bowls or received any other league awards.

Thanks for your help!
Danand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a player that match the criteria. Move along.
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ Mosley would be our best young player but he's been named to 2 Pro-Bowls.

The only players anywhere close to fulfilling those criteria would be Ronnie Stanley and Tavon Young and I wouldn't call either of them a future superstar because Ronnie is an O-Linemen and they don't get the recognition needed to be a "superstar" and Young doesn't have the physique of a #1 CB.
Starless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
CJ Mosley would be our best young player but he's been named to 2 Pro-Bowls.

The only players anywhere close to fulfilling those criteria would be Ronnie Stanley and Tavon Young and I wouldn't call either of them a future superstar because Ronnie is an O-Linemen and they don't get the recognition needed to be a "superstar" and Young doesn't have the physique of a #1 CB.
I plan to include at least a couple of OL on the list. Tell me about Stanley
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,

Ronnie Stanley would probably be the closest thing to fitting that criteria.

Was pretty solid in his rookie season. Had some injury issues and a few struggles here and there, but mostly gave off the impression that he's going to be a very good left tackle.

Next closest guy(s) to nominate at this point would probably be Tavon Young, or Timmy Jernigan, but they're both pretty big stretches.

Stanley is the best bet to be one of the top guys at his position down the road, and I think that's the expectation of just about everyone in the organization for him.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Young is the only guy who immediately sprung to mind. He's a playmaker, and will be a good player in the league for a long time. But I don't think he's quite going to make it to superstar level.

Ronnie Stanley could become a top Left Tackle in the league, so he perhaps fits the criteria more than Young.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: