You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers hire Kyle shanahan has head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing

I actually thought Chip was good in his pressers. Smart man, just had a terrible roster.

El ramster on the sig
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

I actually thought Chip was good in his pressers. Smart man, just had a terrible roster.

So did Jim Tomsula, but he didn't go 2-14. I'm very excited about this hire and I think Shanny will be great.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want someone who looks at me like Shanahan looks at his water bottle.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

So did Jim Tomsula, but he didn't go 2-14. I'm very excited about this hire and I think Shanny will be great.
Chip's team had a higher DVOA than Tomsula's team. Just because a squad has a better record doesn't mean it's a better team.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

Chip's team had a higher DVOA than Tomsula's team. Just because a squad has a better record doesn't mean it's a better team.

I'd say Chip also had better talent though, so that's to be expected. The offensive line for Tomsula was one of the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. The line wasn't great last year, but far better than the year before. He had to make most of the year work with Gabbert (who weirdly looked much better under Geep Chryst than he did under Chip Kelly).

I don't know that Tomsula did a better job than Kelly, but I don't think he was as bad as people made him out to be. They were pretty comparable in the end in my opinion.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Do people legitimately believe the Redskins are going to let Cousins go? He's the closest thing they've had to a franchise quarterback in years. I think they'll give him a mega deal to stay.

Same here. I'd say they keep him.

But tough loss for the Falcons. I'd say this hurts them more than it helps SF. Yes Chip isn't fit for the big leagues, but that team as a whole just wasn't very good. Like I said earlier, they have a lot more problems than just HC.

But this is a good start at least.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

I'd say Chip also had better talent though, so that's to be expected. The offensive line for Tomsula was one of the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. The line wasn't great last year, but far better than the year before. He had to make most of the year work with Gabbert (who weirdly looked much better under Geep Chryst than he did under Chip Kelly).

I don't know that Tomsula did a better job than Kelly, but I don't think he was as bad as people made him out to be. They were pretty comparable in the end in my opinion.

Far better? That's a reach. After all, per FO we had the 32nd ranked OL in 15, and the 32nd ranked OL this past season Laughing. I'd say a bit better at best. It was awful, especially in the run game.

In 15 we had better receivers just off Boldin alone. We had Bowman for 16 games unlike this year when he only played 5 or so games. Armstead got hurt and only lasted six games, though Buckner cancels him out. We had Ian Williams who was one of the best NTs in 15 and didn't play this year.

So yeah, I don't think Chip had the better talent at all.

El ramster on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: