You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers hire Kyle shanahan has head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 7206
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45481
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing


I actually thought Chip was good in his pressers. Smart man, just had a terrible roster.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 5322
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing


I actually thought Chip was good in his pressers. Smart man, just had a terrible roster.


So did Jim Tomsula, but he didn't go 2-14. I'm very excited about this hire and I think Shanny will be great.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 10661
Location: JetLife Stadium
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want someone who looks at me like Shanahan looks at his water bottle.
_________________
#LeahStrong

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?


NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PapaShogun


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 1584
Location: Macau
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing


I actually thought Chip was good in his pressers. Smart man, just had a terrible roster.


So did Jim Tomsula, but he didn't go 2-14. I'm very excited about this hire and I think Shanny will be great.
Chip's team had a higher DVOA than Tomsula's team. Just because a squad has a better record doesn't mean it's a better team.
_________________

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing


I actually thought Chip was good in his pressers. Smart man, just had a terrible roster.


So did Jim Tomsula, but he didn't go 2-14. I'm very excited about this hire and I think Shanny will be great.
Chip's team had a higher DVOA than Tomsula's team. Just because a squad has a better record doesn't mean it's a better team.


I'd say Chip also had better talent though, so that's to be expected. The offensive line for Tomsula was one of the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. The line wasn't great last year, but far better than the year before. He had to make most of the year work with Gabbert (who weirdly looked much better under Geep Chryst than he did under Chip Kelly).

I don't know that Tomsula did a better job than Kelly, but I don't think he was as bad as people made him out to be. They were pretty comparable in the end in my opinion.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9419
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Do people legitimately believe the Redskins are going to let Cousins go? He's the closest thing they've had to a franchise quarterback in years. I think they'll give him a mega deal to stay.


Same here. I'd say they keep him.

But tough loss for the Falcons. I'd say this hurts them more than it helps SF. Yes Chip isn't fit for the big leagues, but that team as a whole just wasn't very good. Like I said earlier, they have a lot more problems than just HC.

But this is a good start at least.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45481
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
Shanny/lynch killing the pressor, sound like great leaders...breath of fresh air compared to balke/tomsula/chip Laughing


I actually thought Chip was good in his pressers. Smart man, just had a terrible roster.


So did Jim Tomsula, but he didn't go 2-14. I'm very excited about this hire and I think Shanny will be great.
Chip's team had a higher DVOA than Tomsula's team. Just because a squad has a better record doesn't mean it's a better team.


I'd say Chip also had better talent though, so that's to be expected. The offensive line for Tomsula was one of the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. The line wasn't great last year, but far better than the year before. He had to make most of the year work with Gabbert (who weirdly looked much better under Geep Chryst than he did under Chip Kelly).

I don't know that Tomsula did a better job than Kelly, but I don't think he was as bad as people made him out to be. They were pretty comparable in the end in my opinion.


Far better? That's a reach. After all, per FO we had the 32nd ranked OL in 15, and the 32nd ranked OL this past season Laughing. I'd say a bit better at best. It was awful, especially in the run game.

In 15 we had better receivers just off Boldin alone. We had Bowman for 16 games unlike this year when he only played 5 or so games. Armstead got hurt and only lasted six games, though Buckner cancels him out. We had Ian Williams who was one of the best NTs in 15 and didn't play this year.

So yeah, I don't think Chip had the better talent at all.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group