You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FattLipps Mock Off-Season v2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: FattLipps Mock Off-Season v2 Reply with quote

Fanspeak again Lawlzzz
FS Board/Random/Difficult
http://fanspeak.com/ugm/share.php?d=txidzs

RESTRUCTURED
Clay Matthews EDGE
Randall Cobb WR

CUT
Mike Pennel DL
John Crockett RB
Don Jackson RB
Demetri Goodson CB
Sam Shields CB
James Starks RB
Jordan Tripp

57 mil free

SIGNED PLAYERS (site shows cap hit, not contract, offered number below)
Jared Cook TE 3/5,000,000 per
Nick Perry EDGE 4/8,000,000 per
JC Tretter C 3/4,500,000 per
Christine Michael RB 2/2,000,000 per
Arthur Brown LB 2/2,000,000 per
DJ Hayden CB 3/3,000,000 per
Stephon Gilmore CB 4/9,000,000 per
Melvin Ingram EDGE 4/10,000,000 per
Kendall Reyes DL 2/2,000,000 per

12-13 mil remaining (7 Carry Over, 5 Draft)

DRAFT/MY PICKS
Trade down 1(29) for 1(31) + 4(30)

31: R1P31 EDGE T.J. WATT WISCONSIN
-Local Favorite - Will give us Clay like diversity, can play inside or out.

61: R2P29 CB CHIDOBE AWUZLE COLORADO
-One of my favorite prospects in the draft, can compete at the #2 from day 1.

93: R3P29 TE GERALD EVERETT SOUTH ALABAMA
-Swing for the fences here, a young Delani Walker.

133: R4P28 G NICO SIRAGUSA SAN DIEGO STATE
-Will make us forget about Sitton and Lang.

135: R4P30 RB MARLON MACK SOUTH FLORIDA
-Poor mans Cook, can do it all.

173: R5P28 LB MATT MILANO BOSTON COLLEGE
-Our speedy coverage LB and a ST's Ace to boot.

181: R5P36 P AUSTIN REHKOW IDAHO
-Sick of our punting wooes?, me too, this guy solves it for a decade.

213: R6P28 DL STEVIE TU'LKOLOVATU USC
-Big guy fro the trenches.

250: R7P29 WR JEHU CHESSON MICHIGAN
-Competition for Davis and the final WR spot. Big bodied Hurns type.

Depth Chart
Offense:
QB: Rodgers/Hundley/Callahan
RB: Mack/Montgomery/Michael
FB: Ripkowski
WR: Nelson/Adams/Cobb/Allison/Janis/Chesson
TE: Cook/Rodgers/Everet/Cajuste
T: Bakhtiari/Bulaga/Spriggs/Murphy
G: Taylor/Siragusa/Trettor
C: Linsley/Trettor
K: Crosby

Defense
LE: Clark/Reyes
DT: Guion/Tu'lkolovatu/Ringo
RE: Daniels/Lowry
LOLB: Perry/Watt/Fakrell
ILB: Mathews/Ryan/Brown/Martinez/Milano
ROLB: Ingram/Elliott
CB: Gilmore/Awulze/Hayden/Rollins/Gunter/Hawkins
S: Clinton-Dix/Burnett/Randall/Brice
P: Rehkow
LS: Goode
PR/KR: Cobb
Gunners: Janis and Milano

CHAMPIONSHIPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my Mock Off Season (what I would do if I were GM) it isn't a predication thread, this is what should/needs to be done.

Or better yet, would YOU be happy if this was our off-season/53 man?

I know TT wouldn't this..
but where's the fun in predicting a bunch of reaches from UCLA or division 3 schools, and 1 June 1st cut FA.

Last edited by fattlipp on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 pm; edited 6 times in total
SE500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got what, 5 outside veteran free agents signed? Pipe dream.
Two veteran CB's signed? Two?

The draft is fine I guess, the veteran signings don't allow me to take it seriously.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
You've got what, 5 outside veteran free agents signed? Pipe dream.
Two veteran CB's signed? Two?

The draft is fine I guess, the veteran signings don't allow me to take it seriously.

The positions need to be fixed, so yes, and we need to draft one in 1-3.
Randall should be moved to safety (Hydes role), the other 2 (Rollins/Gunter) are better as 4th-6th DB's.
This is my Mock Off Season (what I would do if I were GM) it isn't a predication thread, this is what should/needs to be done.

Or better yet, would YOU be happy if this was our off-season/53 man?

I know TT wouldn't this..
but where's the fun in predicting a bunch of reaches from UCLA or division 3 schools, and 1 June 1st cut FA.
pgwingman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Joe Thomas and Trevor Davis are gone?

I thought Thomas played pretty well, all things considered.

I also think it would be a bit foolish to quit on Trevor Davis so soon.

I also have a hard time understanding how you restructure Clay and Cobb's contracts. Given Clay's injury history, would you extend his contract? I would much rather let him play out this year, knowing that you can cut him next year without a cap hit.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pgwingman wrote:
So Joe Thomas and Trevor Davis are gone?

I thought Thomas played pretty well, all things considered.

I also think it would be a bit foolish to quit on Trevor Davis so soon.

I also have a hard time understanding how you restructure Clay and Cobb's contracts. Given Clay's injury history, would you extend his contract? I would much rather let him play out this year, knowing that you can cut him next year without a cap hit.

Its in the software on the site.
Fanspeak Ultimate GM. looks like they guarantee more, lower total.

So, we shouldn't draft a WR you are saying...
because the other 5 are locks...
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still getting into the draft swing... but I love the trade down for Watt. Was thinking that'd be my move as well.

Haven't scouted Awuzle or Siragusa yet, but I like the positions. TT is more inclined to take a T and convert him though, so that'd be a more likely scenario. I know you said this is what you would do, and not what he would do, but I like the realism of comparing it to what his tendencies have been.

I could live with the draft and like the top few picks. I doubt at 7th round rookie beats out Davis, and Cajuste won't make the roster next year. He probably needs 2 years in the weight room. If he makes it year 2, RichRodgers is probably cut. Or we don't draft the TE in R3.

Pretty highly unlikely that you pay Trettor 4.5/year to ride the pine in favor of a rookie... I mean it could happen but either you have a serious man crush on Siragusa or you're not a fan of Trettor.

As for the offseason...
Any numbers on Matthews and Cobb's restructures? Are they extensions? Does it convert salary to bonus? If not, I don't see why they do the restructure. CMIII does NOT want to play ILB, and I doubt he gives us the cap room to bring in another OLB. You can force him to play inside, but I'm not sure you can force him to not be paid 15M for it unless you give him more security or more money up front. With 2 years left on the deal, the extension is really the only option there.

Like others have said, the contracts you're giving out just will never happen. The values are not too far off IMO, but I just don't see why you bring in Brown, Hayden, and Michael (I hate him on this team... and think we can replace him). Brown and Hayden flamed out of their respective homes. I don't want any piece of them on those deals.

Gilmore I'm so-so on. Will probably cost more than 9M per, and will probably go to a warm weather team. In most cases, giving these guys market value just isn't realistic. GB needs to go ABOVE market value to pull players away from more desireable locations and pry a player from their home team (Ingram).

I love the Reyes sign. Wanted him last year, but honestly don't know if he can play. Just a draft crush there.

With what you're paying Michael, Brown, and Hayden... you can almost sign Calais Campbell. I know he'd make more of an impact for me than 3 scrubs.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
I'm still getting into the draft swing... but I love the trade down for Watt. Was thinking that'd be my move as well.

Haven't scouted Awuzle or Siragusa yet, but I like the positions. TT is more inclined to take a T and convert him though, so that'd be a more likely scenario. I know you said this is what you would do, and not what he would do, but I like the realism of comparing it to what his tendencies have been.

I could live with the draft and like the top few picks. I doubt at 7th round rookie beats out Davis, and Cajuste won't make the roster next year. He probably needs 2 years in the weight room. If he makes it year 2, RichRodgers is probably cut. Or we don't draft the TE in R3.

Pretty highly unlikely that you pay Trettor 4.5/year to ride the pine in favor of a rookie... I mean it could happen but either you have a serious man crush on Siragusa or you're not a fan of Trettor.

As for the offseason...
Any numbers on Matthews and Cobb's restructures? Are they extensions? Does it convert salary to bonus? If not, I don't see why they do the restructure. CMIII does NOT want to play ILB, and I doubt he gives us the cap room to bring in another OLB. You can force him to play inside, but I'm not sure you can force him to not be paid 15M for it unless you give him more security or more money up front. With 2 years left on the deal, the extension is really the only option there.

Like others have said, the contracts you're giving out just will never happen. The values are not too far off IMO, but I just don't see why you bring in Brown, Hayden, and Michael (I hate him on this team... and think we can replace him). Brown and Hayden flamed out of their respective homes. I don't want any piece of them on those deals.

Gilmore I'm so-so on. Will probably cost more than 9M per, and will probably go to a warm weather team. In most cases, giving these guys market value just isn't realistic. GB needs to go ABOVE market value to pull players away from more desireable locations and pry a player from their home team (Ingram).

I love the Reyes sign. Wanted him last year, but honestly don't know if he can play. Just a draft crush there.

With what you're paying Michael, Brown, and Hayden... you can almost sign Calais Campbell. I know he'd make more of an impact for me than 3 scrubs.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Strange idea, I envisioned Watt and Clay manning the inside, great instincts there and both can back up the OLB spots as well. Do you think Watt can play inside?

Yeah I like Siragusa, and I think paying Tretter to back up 3-4 positions and a insurance policay isn't a bad thing.

I had Campbell in v1, but thought I would change it up. Brown was raved about coming out of the draft as a coverage guy.

Basically, Reyes/Michael/Brown/Cajuste are all draft crushes I want to give a chance here, Hayden is a buy low guy with upside, the last Raider we took in that couldn't stay healthy in Oakland did ok.

Clay/Cobb - a scenario where you say take a pay cut or get cut - well give you a bit more guaranteed. Not usre like I said I went with the #'s fanspeak's ultimate gm produced.

Yeah maybe Davis sticks, just showed me very little this year. Chesson seems like more of a Packer WR (aka James Jones, but with some speed)
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really begging to think that people don't understand what exactly a restructure is, and how it affects the Packers. It usually takes money that would count against the Packers this year converting it into a signing bonus which is evenly spread over the life of the remainder of the contract, up to five years. So if Clay Matthews was willing to convert everything about 100k of his base salary into a signing bonus, we're only creating $5M in cap space this offseason. The downside? We've now created $5M in dead cap should we cut him next offseason. Right now, we could cut him and have $11M in cap space created. Why would the Packers do that? Same thing with Cobb. Restructures are not this saving grace that people think they are...

What player does Atlanta have to trade up for thinking Pittsburgh is going to grab before them? While TVC might say they matchup, recent trades suggest otherwise.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
fattlipp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
I'm really begging to think that people don't understand what exactly a restructure is, and how it affects the Packers. It usually takes money that would count against the Packers this year converting it into a signing bonus which is evenly spread over the life of the remainder of the contract, up to five years. So if Clay Matthews was willing to convert everything about 100k of his base salary into a signing bonus, we're only creating $5M in cap space this offseason. The downside? We've now created $5M in dead cap should we cut him next offseason. Right now, we could cut him and have $11M in cap space created. Why would the Packers do that? Same thing with Cobb. Restructures are not this saving grace that people think they are...

What player does Atlanta have to trade up for thinking Pittsburgh is going to grab before them? While TVC might say they matchup, recent trades suggest otherwise.

Its on fanspeak.com
ultimate gm software
they allow you to cut/sign/restructure your roster and give you cap numbers
the UI offers trades and drafts players, and uses big boards from mock draft sites.
In many cases I offered free agents over what the software required to make contracts more accurate.

- there was a restructure button next to the players, I hit it for Clay and Cobb, it saved like 5mil
- the CPU offered a 1st and 4th for our 1st , I accepted

sorry if the UI has bad logic but its fun and useful for $5 a year
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get on board with just about all of this. There are a few bones to pick with the FA thing though. First, Arthur Brown has been bouncing around for a reason. He's small and his instincts are quite questionable. I also doubt we would get Hayden for that price, much less Gilmore for that price. I do really like the Reyes signing and would love to get him for that price. He'd be a great rotational body.

I also think you at least bring Jordan Tripp into camp; same with Michael. The rest of your cuts are spot on IMHO and I like what you did with your draft. In particular, I also like the idea of grabbing TJ Watt and maybe reaching on him a bit. He certainly has the traits his big brother(double entendre here) possesses but I'm sure there's some development needed. Perhaps he and Fackrell could become great bookends at that position. I also like taking a punter that early as well. We need one and Schum is a stop-gap...
Kenrik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see where you had Ted Thompson being fired or stepping down?
fattlipp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I can get on board with just about all of this. There are a few bones to pick with the FA thing though. First, Arthur Brown has been bouncing around for a reason. He's small and his instincts are quite questionable. I also doubt we would get Hayden for that price, much less Gilmore for that price. I do really like the Reyes signing and would love to get him for that price. He'd be a great rotational body.

I also think you at least bring Jordan Tripp into camp; same with Michael. The rest of your cuts are spot on IMHO and I like what you did with your draft. In particular, I also like the idea of grabbing TJ Watt and maybe reaching on him a bit. He certainly has the traits his big brother(double entendre here) possesses but I'm sure there's some development needed. Perhaps he and Fackrell could become great bookends at that position. I also like taking a punter that early as well. We need one and Schum is a stop-gap...

thx for the feedback
I had us resigning Michael.
This is 53 man, i'm sure Tripp comes to camp.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
I didnt see where you had Ted Thompson being fired or stepping down?

Once again.......for those that missed it 2x above in bold...

Not a predication thread
a
"If I were GM/what they should do..thread"

like the difference of
Who would you like the Packers to draft at 29?
Who do you think Ted will draft at 29?

99% of the time not the same player...

I was screaming for Zach Brown last year in these threads, because TT didn't get him, would that have been a stupid idea?
skibrett15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the $9M/year is a bit low for what gilmore will get. I expect at least as much as Janoris Jenkins (12.5/year with a year 1 cap charge of 8M)

Like the DJ Hayden and Melvin Ingram moves, Kendall Reyes is on my radar. I think Perry might actually cost more than 8/year. Vernon got 17 per year. Not sure why Perry would get less than half that.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
I think the $9M/year is a bit low for what gilmore will get. I expect at least as much as Janoris Jenkins (12.5/year with a year 1 cap charge of 8M)

Like the DJ Hayden and Melvin Ingram moves, Kendall Reyes is on my radar. I think Perry might actually cost more than 8/year. Vernon got 17 per year. Not sure why Perry would get less than half that.

well we have 13 million - rookies, we can go a bit higher and keep a decent carry over

11 for Gilmore
9.5 for Perry

could still easily get it done

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: