You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D82's Post-Super Bowl Offseason Attempt #2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: D82's Post-Super Bowl Offseason Attempt #2 Reply with quote

Cuts
Alfred Morris, RB
Kyle Wilber, LB

Trades
Tony Romo traded to Denver for a 2017 2nd Round Pick and conditional 2018 2nd Round Pick that could become a 1st should Denver reach Super Bowl

Restructures
Dez Bryant, WR
Tyron Smith, OT
Travis Frederick, C

Re-Signings
Kellen Moore, QB
Jonathan Cooper, C/G
David Irving, DE
Terrell McClain, DT
Andrew Gachkar, LB
J.J. Wilcox, S

Free Agents
Adrian Peterson, RB
Kendall Wright, WR
DeMarcus Ware, DE

Draft
1st Round, 28th Overall: Taco Charlton DE, Michigan
2nd Round, 50th Overall (via DEN): Adoree' Jackson CB, USC
2nd Round, 60th Overall: Dion Dawkins OT, Temple
3rd Round, 92nd Overall: Justin Evans S, Texas A&M
4th Round, ???? Overall: Jake Butt TE, Michigan
6th Round, ???? Overall:KD Cannon WR, Baylor
7th Round, ???? Overall (via BUF): Calvin Munson OLB, San Diego State
7th Round, ???? Overall: Treyvon Hester DT, Toledo

UDFAs
Cooper Rush QB, Central Michigan
Tarean Folston RB, Notre Dame
Justin Davis RB, USC
Dakota Ball FB, Alabama
Ricky Seals-Jones WR, Texas A&M
Andreas Knappe OT, Connecticut
Dwayne Thomas CB, LSU

2017 Dallas Cowboys Roster

OFFENSE
QB: Dak Prescott | Kellen Moore | Cooper Rush
RB: Ezekiel Elliott | Adrian Peterson | Tarean Folston | Justin Davis
FB: Keith Smith | Rod Smith | Dakota Ball
WR: Dez Bryant | Kendall Wright | Cole Beasley | Lucky Whitehead | KD Cannon | Shaq Evans | Quincy McDuffie | Ricky Seals-Jones
TE: Jason Witten | James Hanna | Geoff Swaim | Jake Butt
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: La'el Collins
C: Travis Frederick | Joe Looney
RG: Zack Martin | Jonathan Cooper
RT: Doug Free | Chaz Green | Dion Dawkins | Andreas Knappe

DEFENSE
LDE:DeMarcus Lawrence | Taco Charlton | Charles Tapper
1-Tech: Terrell McClain | Cedric Thornton
3-Tech: Maliek Collins | Tyrone Crawford | Treyvon Hester
RDE: DeMarcus Ware | David Irving
SLB: Anthony Hitchens | Andrew Gachkar | Calvin Munson
MLB: Jaylon Smith | Mark Nzeocha
WLB: Sean Lee | Damien Wilson
CB: Orlando Scandrick | Anthony Brown | Dwayne Thomas
FS: Byron Jones | Jeff Heath
SS: J.J. Wilcox | Justin Evans | Kavon Frazier
CB: Adoree' Jackson | Leon McFadden

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Dan Bailey
P: Chris Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur

SUSPENDED
Randy Gregory, DE

^^^El Rammy

Last edited by Desperado82 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
resilient

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, AP? You got some splaining to do!

Also think we can't get no Butt in the 4th.

The rest, me like
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think it's probably a tough sell to get AP to come here and play second fiddle to Zeke. Rather spend the money on D anyway

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Yeah I think it's probably a tough sell to get AP to come here and play second fiddle to Zeke. Rather spend the money on D anyway

I forgot who I saw tweet it...one of the Cowboys beat guys, but they said AP would be open to coming here and finishing his career in Texas.

I really don't think he'd be against playing second fiddle to Zeke if it meant him getting a ring.

^^^El Rammy
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be terrified to go into the season with those CB's. Re-signing Mo or Carr is a must.

EL ramster on the sig!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:
I'd be terrified to go into the season with those CB's. Re-signing Mo or Carr is a must.

With a better pass rush...I think we'd be ok. Could always slide Jones to corner and have Wilcox and Evans as the safeties.

Ware coming back would give us a boost. Not just on the field, but in a leadership role. We've seen what Lawrence can do with a proven pass rush threat opposite him. Charlton has All-Pro potential. Irving should continue to get better, and who knows what we have in Tapper.

^^^El Rammy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I forgot who I saw tweet it...one of the Cowboys beat guys, but they said AP would be open to coming here and finishing his career in Texas.

I really don't think he'd be against playing second fiddle to Zeke if it meant him getting a ring.

I recall seeing that yesterday as well. It's possible I suppose. He does seem to love Texas and the Cowboys. But I have visions of him running behind another OL that is on par with the Cowboys in Oakland. And, they have way more money to throw around and he isn't option #2.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I recall seeing that yesterday as well. It's possible I suppose. He does seem to love Texas and the Cowboys. But I have visions of him running behind another OL that is on par with the Cowboys in Oakland. And, they have way more money to throw around and he isn't option #2.

AP is an inhuman, but he has probably hit the RB wall. I don't want him at this point because he won't come cheap and he'll want a lot of touches because he doesn't think he's hit that wall yet. None of them do.

Draft a guy in the 4th or 5th rd. Too bad they threw away a 4.4, 220 lb high production guy in D. Jackson. Wasted a whole season with him on the roster then they panic and get rid of a guy with future potential and keep Dunbar...smh!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

AP is an inhuman, but he has probably hit the RB wall. I don't want him at this point because he won't come cheap and he'll want a lot of touches because he doesn't think he's hit that wall yet. None of them do.

Draft a guy in the 4th or 5th rd. Too bad they threw away a 4.4, 220 lb high production guy in D. Jackson. Wasted a whole season with him on the roster then they panic and get rid of a guy with future potential and keep Dunbar...smh!

Sure, he could take the money and a likely starter position in Oakland and still be on a competitive team...but I think his Texas ties and friendship with Jerry would win in the end.

If we could land AP...it would give us a heck of a 1-2 punch in the backfield.

^^^El Rammy
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke, AP and Dak would be unstoppable in a wishbone offense. All we need to do is bring back Barry Switzer. Very Happy

No one in the NFl has a defense built to stop an attack like this.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just browsing on here bc I wanted to see if any of you think that the Cowboys might have interest in a trade involving La'el Collins for Sheldon Richardson? You guys clearly have interest in him since a deal almost went down before the trade deadline. You guys don't really need Collins after Leary looked great all year at LG. Just an idea.

I live here in D/FW so I here a lot about the Cowboys. But there's no way you get much for Romo in the trade market. His salary makes his value significantly decrease as well as his injuries and age. I think you guys will be lucky to get a 5th Rounder for him.
As for the draft I like the players you have Dallas getting but it seems you're incredibly optimistic as to where these guys will be drafted. Dawkins pushed his name into the early 2nd Round talk after the senior bowl, Evans most people have ranked as the 4th best S so I cant see him lasting until the end of the 3rd, Butt I cant see lasting any later then the mid 3rd, Cannon I think will fly up draft boards after the combine bc he might be the fastest dude in the draft. So your players you have the Cowboys targeting is great, it's just where they're being drafted that's in question.
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Just browsing on here bc I wanted to see if any of you think that the Cowboys might have interest in a trade involving La'el Collins for Sheldon Richardson? You guys clearly have interest in him since a deal almost went down before the trade deadline. You guys don't really need Collins after Leary looked great all year at LG. Just an idea.

I live here in D/FW so I here a lot about the Cowboys. But there's no way you get much for Romo in the trade market. His salary makes his value significantly decrease as well as his injuries and age. I think you guys will be lucky to get a 5th Rounder for him.
As for the draft I like the players you have Dallas getting but it seems you're incredibly optimistic as to where these guys will be drafted. Dawkins pushed his name into the early 2nd Round talk after the senior bowl, Evans most people have ranked as the 4th best S so I cant see him lasting until the end of the 3rd, Butt I cant see lasting any later then the mid 3rd, Cannon I think will fly up draft boards after the combine bc he might be the fastest dude in the draft. So your players you have the Cowboys targeting is great, it's just where they're being drafted that's in question.

I would absolutely trade Collins for Richardson. a Proven D -line player for a "potential" O-lineman. We have a lot vested in the O-line, we need some the other way.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

I would absolutely trade Collins for Richardson. a Proven D -line player for a "potential" O-lineman. We have a lot vested in the O-line, we need some the other way.

Yeah...I wouldn't.

^^^El Rammy
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Free Agents
Adrian Peterson, RB
Kendall Wright, WR
DeMarcus Ware, DE

You lost me.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

Free Agents
Adrian Peterson, RB
Kendall Wright, WR
DeMarcus Ware, DE

You lost me.

Not a fan of any of the three?

^^^El Rammy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: