Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Not sure if DQ is technically a free agent or not... but this is great no matter what (also he looks like he could be in football shape)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/852584507794485248

Also,
Quote:
@AaronWilson_NFL
Texans cutting offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, per a source

Why now? Why not earlier in the off-season where we could have used his $$$ to keep a player like Oday Aboushi. Rolling Eyes

Would be great to see DQ make a comeback. Even if he didn't see the field - would be great to see him make the final roster.

If he's gonna make the roster, he'll probably see the field. DQ emerging as a +starter at RT for us is pretty close to a best case scenario. Haven't heard anything about D Newt. Clark is garbage. I can't remember an offseason when we allowed ourselves to have such a glaring need so close to draft weekend, it seems like if Ramczyk, Robinson, Bolles, or Lamp are available at our pick, we're gonna sprint that card up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Not sure if DQ is technically a free agent or not... but this is great no matter what (also he looks like he could be in football shape)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/852584507794485248

Also,
Quote:
@AaronWilson_NFL
Texans cutting offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, per a source

Why now? Why not earlier in the off-season where we could have used his $$$ to keep a player like Oday Aboushi. Rolling Eyes

Would be great to see DQ make a comeback. Even if he didn't see the field - would be great to see him make the final roster.

If he's gonna make the roster, he'll probably see the field. DQ emerging as a +starter at RT for us is pretty close to a best case scenario. Haven't heard anything about D Newt. Clark is garbage. I can't remember an offseason when we allowed ourselves to have such a glaring need so close to draft weekend, it seems like if Ramczyk, Robinson, Bolles, or Lamp are available at our pick, we're gonna sprint that card up.

Greg Mancz played tackle, guard, and center in college. Jeff Allen played some tackle in KC. I assume Nick Martin will win the starting center job this offseason, which allows the coaches to move Mancz around. He could move to guard (assuming he hits the weight room) and Allen could move to tackle, allowing the team to be way more flexible in the draft. It's too bad the Texans are the weakest they've been in years at OL in a draft that is so weak at those positions.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on Houston's pick at 25 in the draft section, it would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587523

Thanks,

GFW
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to put this here...
Quote:
File this away: One NFL coach who has done homework on all the top QBs told me word is Bill O'Brien "absolutely loves" Patrick Mahomes.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/853976304533864448
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Quote:
File this away: One NFL coach who has done homework on all the top QBs told me word is Bill O'Brien "absolutely loves" Patrick Mahomes.

I get the impression O'Brien runs a pretty tight lipped organisation, this makes me wonder if this is an intentional false leak. With that said, I sure hope there's someone he "absolutely loves" and that we actively pursue that QB.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Quote:

I get the impression O'Brien runs a pretty tight lipped organisation, this makes me wonder if this is an intentional false leak. With that said, I sure hope there's someone he "absolutely loves" and that we actively pursue that QB.

I hope it is Watson.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Quote:

I hope it is Watson.

me too, really really really want watson

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Quote:

Just my annual reminder that 2 weeks-3 weeks out from the draft is lying season. Pre-draft free agent signings stop, draft boards are generally set, and misinformation campaigns kick in to high gear. Doesn't mean he doesn't "love" Mahomes, just that it is rather meaningless and if anything indicative that he "loves" someone else more. Somebody care to remind me when an NFL coach/GM has ever said "I hate player xxx, and would never draft him" or even "I like player x, but not as much as player y?" I really wish somebody would take the time to review all the blatant pre-draft misinformation thrown around by supposedly reliable sources when in reality they are blatant shills this time a year who "earn" their access by helping team disguise draft intentions. Adam Schefter made a career out of spewing out blatant "fake news" for the Broncos when on their beat back in Denver as Pat Bowles lackey. I actually have grown to love John McClain in an age of talentless twitter hacks, but one of the secret's of his longevity has always been his willingness to leverage his "credibility" as a respected "tied in" beat guy to throw some planted stories out there this time of year. Generally, I get a better sense of who the Texans end up with by who isn't mentioned vs. who is. Remember what a "done deal" Romo was?

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but the way the Garroppolo trade has been discounted and gone away leads me to believe it is more likely than ever. The theory that Belichick wouldn't want him going to a "contender" like the Texans ignores the fact he killed us with Jacoby "friggin" Brissett last year and if there is one team he clearly "owns" it's the Texans on BOTH sides of the ball. If anything Belichick knows how to destroy his ex-subordinates & QBs, and knows how "overrated" they all become by association with him (when have the Pats ever been burned by an ex-player or coach?). The more I hear about rookie QBs the Texans "love", the more convinced I become that we'll end up with Garroppolo, Hackenberg, Siemian/Lynch. Personally, I'd take any of those over Kizer or Webb as long as the price was right.

Additionally, every mock scenario is ALWAYS blown up when a team not expected to grab a QB does (generally a pick or two before the Texans). My money this year is on the Chargers and Cardinals drafting heir apparents early which is a problem consider I fully expect 49ers, Jets, and Browns to all go QB early with Chicago and Buffalo very distinct possibilities as we certainly showed signing a QB doesn't mean you are committed to him leading for the next 4 years. Real wild card could come if Jax decides to go with Watson and the Texans become a legit option for a Bortles spin off (remember Bortles college coach O'Leary was more of a mentor to O'Brien than Belichick ever was). Expect the unexpected, folks.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Underwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Real wild card could come if Jax decides to go with Watson and the Texans become a legit option for a Bortles spin off (remember Bortles college coach O'Leary was more of a mentor to O'Brien than Belichick ever was).

Pls no...

The fact that my favorite QB in this draft has changed so many times tells me that I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I just hope that whoever they draft, its someone that BOB truly wants and can really work with.

However, if we end up going OL or something in the first, I wouldn't mind seeing them snag Peterson or Kaaya later.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch these QBs the more I'm thinking the best combination of the skill of the QB and value will be to take Brad Kaaya in the 2nd. I don't think he'll get to us in the 3rd. He's actually my #1 QB in general so I'd be fine taking him round 1 too.

Plus as I watch him while there are definitely issues there I see probably the most naturally talent among the QBs. And Miami has been a dumpster fire for him to try to make progress in. As much as people want to make tiers I really don't see much separating him and the other 4. And frankly think he is the most likely to be successful in the NFL. I don't like Watson's ability to pass in the NFL and his movement won't be as useful since he'll get killed if he tries it. Trubisky doesn't have the experience, this is far more important than people are giving it credit for. Mahomes is actually probably my #2 by I worry about an air raid QB and his footwork looks sloppy at best. Kizer looked absolutely lost last season and was making horrific decisions.

I know I'm in the minority on Kaaya. Also apparently on Watson at least here because he is my #5 and I may be able to be convinced to make him 6 and Webb 5. I just don't see an NFL QB. He really didn't look that great last season until the Alabama game and like I said in general I don't see an ability to throw in this league. Watch how many times Mike Williams bailed him out.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Quote:

He should be. Best upside of any QB in this draft. Only question is whether or not the Texans will trade up to get him if O'Brien "loves" him.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Quote:

He should be. Best upside of any QB in this draft. Only question is whether or not the Texans will trade up to get him if O'Brien "loves" him.

...well, he'll have to before pick 15:

chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
With 8 days until #NFL Draft, will #Chiefs move pick #27? I'm told QB Patrick Mahommes is target expect KC & #Colts (#15) to engage if true!

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Real wild card could come if Jax decides to go with Watson and the Texans become a legit option for a Bortles spin off (remember Bortles college coach O'Leary was more of a mentor to O'Brien than Belichick ever was). Expect the unexpected, folks.

No way Jacksonville gives the Texans a QB, even one as bad as Bortles. If Bortles shows any sort of flashes of his 2015 form, the entire Jags organization will be roasted for not being patient enough and/or positioning a division rival to succeed.

The last thing Shad Khan and Tom Coughlin wants is Bortles playing decent football 2x a year vs the Jags.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Quote:

...well, he'll have to before pick 15:

chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
With 8 days until #NFL Draft, will #Chiefs move pick #27? I'm told QB Patrick Mahommes is target expect KC & #Colts (#15) to engage if true!

Yep. Given how Rick Smith operates in round 1 I doubt it will happen. I think the Texans will take BPA (non QB) round 1 and take Webb/Peterman round 2 if I had to guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: