Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Cutler over Romo and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8aFbdj4vCc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Why? Cutler is garbage. Savage is better for us. At least he doesn't look like he'd lose games.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp both safety positions are needs for the Texans.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense was gonna be epically good with Watt back at 100% but now that we are losing a bunch of guys I'm not sure

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Our defense was gonna be epically good with Watt back at 100% but now that we are losing a bunch of guys I'm not sure

We need a ball hawking safety bad now. Never had one in our history. Maybe Marcus Williams in round 2? Not worried about Bouye. Hopefully we get a 3rd round comp pick for him. Even a 4th rounder would be good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Colts signed OLB John Simon, formerly of the Texans, to a three-year, $13.5 million contract.

Now this is some BS... Rick do your d@mn job... Simon is a pretty good backup OLB. $4.5M APY is a tad richer than I would like to go (in fact it is double), but it shouldn't be a deal breaker - especially after moving BrockBottom

Oh well.... add another position we need to fill
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First piece I heard about FA visiting Houston

Quote:
Free agent OT Mike Remmers is visiting the Vikings on Friday.
He'll visit the Texans afterward if he's unable to strike a deal with Minnesota. Remmers can play both right and left tackle, but is probably more suited for the right side. The Vikings need all the offensive line help they can get, even after signing LT Riley Reiff on Thursday. Remmers, 28 next month, started all 37 games he appeared in for Carolina, including Super Bowl 50.

IIRC he was getting beat up alot and I think Von Miller ate his lunch
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Quote:
Colts signed OLB John Simon, formerly of the Texans, to a three-year, $13.5 million contract.

Now this is some BS... Rick do your d@mn job... Simon is a pretty good backup OLB. $4.5M APY is a tad richer than I would like to go (in fact it is double), but it shouldn't be a deal breaker - especially after moving BrockBottom

Oh well.... add another position we need to fill

he was a starter

The number of starters we are losing is adding up.

Wilfork
Simon
Bouye
Demps

so the plan was to burn a 2nd rounder to go after an old QB with major injury concerns and let him game manage while the D wins it for us, while at the same time letting 1/3 of our starters on D walk......this is the biggest joke of a front office.

we have some huge holes on defense now.

and still no Hopkins deal.....

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and why are we not cutting Cushing and saving the extra 5 million.....we could have cut him and resigned Simon...pathetic

PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Pastor, soo you're upset that we're letting our starters walk.. AND that we haven't released Cushing? Would you rather the Colts get Cushing? Seriously?

Look.. Texans college scouting is EXCEPTIONAL. Brennan Scarlett will probably be a suitable replacement for Simon, but I'm sure they won't stop there. Since OB arrived, just look at this..

Blue, Prosch, Hal, Hunt, Mancz, Heath, Reader, Covington, Mumphery, Anderson, Scarlett, Moore.. just to name the first ones that come to mind.

ALL 5th round-UDFAs we got directly from college. In 3 years! So, when it comes time to start paying ppl, I feel like our scouts have given us the flexibility to say "if you're not basically the best player in the league at your position, I think we'll pass". If you add up all of the aforementioned players contracts, they probably don't make as much as John Simon does now.

And I bet there are like 200 college payers we've identified this year too. Let the man work people. He's starting to get pretty [inappropriate/removed] good at this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Why? Cutler is garbage. Savage is better for us. At least he doesn't look like he'd lose games.

You are definitely underrating Cutler, he's not great, and it was absolutely time for him and the Bears to part ways, but he's one year removed from his best year as a pro. Adam Gase showed that with the right scheme he can be a successful QB.

The media definitely has portrayed Cutler as terrible, but in reality he's average. No better, but no worse. I think both the Texans and Cutler would benefit from rolling with him as the starter next year. I hope Jay doesn't go to the Jets, for his own sake.
dsorc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we lost any major pieces? Reader should take over for Wilfork. We still have Joseph, Jackson, and Johnson at CB. Simon and Demps will need to be replaced but both were guys we found on the scrapheap. I don't see a reason to panic.

As an aside, old friend Barwin got released from a Philly team that is no longer running a 3-4. Maybe we bring him back to replace Simon?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
Have we lost any major pieces? Reader should take over for Wilfork. We still have Joseph, Jackson, and Johnson at CB. Simon and Demps will need to be replaced but both were guys we found on the scrapheap. I don't see a reason to panic.

As an aside, old friend Barwin got released from a Philly team that is no longer running a 3-4. Maybe we bring him back to replace Simon?

I was thinking that (actually I was compiling a list of players who had been cut who we could sign and NOT lose out on compensatory picks next year Laughing)

I cannot remember if he left here with hard feelings or not. I mean Rick was still GM, but he didn't play for RAC or OB1. Plus his best years came as 3-4 OLB.

Also, Simon was a big piece IMHO. When Clowney was out for stretches, he stepped up.

Demps could be replaced by Kendrick Lewis (possibly) as he just got released by Ravens. Lewis played well for us and RAC IIRC. However, I thought he played more FS.

If we pick up another CB (Sam Shields?), we could add Lewis and slide KJax to SS / slot corner. Not that Hal or Corey Moore is garbage, but we should always be looking to improve.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
@Pastor, soo you're upset that we're letting our starters walk.. AND that we haven't released Cushing? Would you rather the Colts get Cushing? Seriously?

Look.. Texans college scouting is EXCEPTIONAL. Brennan Scarlett will probably be a suitable replacement for Simon, but I'm sure they won't stop there. Since OB arrived, just look at this..

Blue, Prosch, Hal, Hunt, Mancz, Heath, Reader, Covington, Mumphery, Anderson, Scarlett, Moore.. just to name the first ones that come to mind.

ALL 5th round-UDFAs we got directly from college. In 3 years! So, when it comes time to start paying ppl, I feel like our scouts have given us the flexibility to say "if you're not basically the best player in the league at your position, I think we'll pass". If you add up all of the aforementioned players contracts, they probably don't make as much as John Simon does now.

And I bet there are like 200 college payers we've identified this year too. Let the man work people. He's starting to get pretty [inappropriate/removed] good at this.

Cushing is slow and washed up. I would love it if he started for the Colts.

we are basically out of OLBs after Mercilus. So not only do we have to find a starter there, we need to find depth as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: