You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving away from Michigan state and becoming more and more like Clemson. Good trade.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Andddd there they go....

Quote:
Texans waived WR Keith Mumphery and ILB Max Bullough.

Thanks for PD pointing out they were both MSU alums.

Now most popular schools are Illinois, Clemson, & Oregon (4 each) + UCLA (3).
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mumphery and Bullough have been replaced by Dres Anderson and Sio Moore, respectively. Not expecting anything out of them, but who knows.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
Mumphery and Bullough have been replaced by Dres Anderson and Sio Moore, respectively. Not expecting anything out of them, but who knows.

Moore runs a 4.65 40. Yet another LINEBACKER on this team that is faster than our Cornerbacks & Safeties. Heck, he's almost as fast as WR Mumphrey who ran a 4.54, but seemed to play at 4.7 in pads like Kareem Jackson does. Would be really interested to see what JJoe runs at this point.

FYI - Dres Anderson's dad is Flipper Anderson who played 10 years, mainly with the Rams. Flipper still holds the record for most yards receiving in an NFL game with an absurd 15/336 day vs. the Saints. Jaelen Strong still doesn't have 300 yards in 2 full seasons!!!

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Is not showing up to mandatory minicamp as of this morning. He's on the books for over 9 million the next two years. It would be a good time to restructure his deal to save us cap space this year and next and make him happy as well.

But our front office doesn't negotiate contracts with 2 years left.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Brown Is not showing up to mandatory minicamp as of this morning. He's on the books for over 9 million the next two years. It would be a good time to restructure his deal to save us cap space this year and next and make him happy as well.

Should he be there? Yes, but DB will be fine without mini camp, he already knows everything they're going to do and it will mean more reps. for other guys at LT which is a good thing in case of injury. Does anyone know if DB will be fined for missing mini camp since it's supposedly mandatory?
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

We've got to spend some of that money we freed up in the Brock trade. If we don't use it this year it'll have been wasted, and Duane Brown has every right to whine about his salary on a count of all of the money we've got laying around and also on a count of PLEASE DON'T GO DUANE Crying or Very sad WE NEED YOU!

We really ought to start locking ppl up ASAP, not a good look to have all that cap space during the regular season

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious what became of OLB JoJo Mathis who was one of the highest rated UDFAs (projected 3rd-4th rounder) out there when we "signed" him (PFF had him as the #2 pure pass rusher behind Myles Garrett!!!). Technically, I believe we signed him to a rookie mini camp tryout, but that's the last I heard and he's still not listed on the roster. He had a pretty serious turf toe injury which is why he went undrafted and I thought I saw him in crutches when he arrived at camp which would make it pretty hard to "tryout." Wondering if this is just some technical shenanigans where we have his rights due to the tryout contract and that we officially sign him when he can pass a physical, but I can't find a thing out about the guy since it was announced we "signed" him.

IMO OLB is one of our biggest holes on our roster at this point, especially if you consider Clowney a DE (which is how he appears on the roster). Cunningham is listed as ILB, so right now it's Mercilus at SLB and a gaggle of scraps led by Scarlett as "starter" followed by Tony Washington, Gimel President, Dayon Pratt, and Eric Lee (who is more of a DE). Ultimately, I expect Clowney to play much more LB with JJ back as he was a beast when he moved back there when Simon went down late, and I expect Cunningham to play more OLB than ILB as a rookie especially if Dylan Cole impresses at ILB, but I've never understood the Scarlett love outside of special teams, and the rest of these guys are very low rent. We have a few extra ILBs like Shakeel Rashad and Avery Williams who might see more time outside after the Sio Moore signing, but considering how dependent this team is going to be on the pass rush with a thin secondary without Bouye, Demps, OLB depth is kinda scary right now. Heck, I never thought I'd miss Akeem Dent, but he'd be a borderline starter on this roster.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest move of the offseason BY FAR:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: