Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38721
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
So let's get a bit of an consensus here.

If Reuben Foster falls to us would you take him? If no, indicate whether it is about his position, talent, or character issues.

Personally I'd take him. ILB is a need for us and he is too good. I don't like the off field stuff but I don't see anyone else available to us that would be close to his talent level. Maybe I'd feel different if I actually sat in an interview with him face to face, but there is a fine line factoring in character to determine prospective availability (his character issues don't appear to be related to on field readiness physically or mentally) and running scared anytime some isn't crystalline.


No. He's Rolando McClain all over again. Only a matter of time before he's looking at league suspensions and a slew of failed drug tests.

Earliest I'd consider him is the 5th round.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38721
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
mse326 wrote:
So let's get a bit of an consensus here.

If Reuben Foster falls to us would you take him? If no, indicate whether it is about his position, talent, or character issues.

Personally I'd take him. ILB is a need for us and he is too good. I don't like the off field stuff but I don't see anyone else available to us that would be close to his talent level. Maybe I'd feel different if I actually sat in an interview with him face to face, but there is a fine line factoring in character to determine prospective availability (his character issues don't appear to be related to on field readiness physically or mentally) and running scared anytime some isn't crystalline.


No. Position, Talent, and Character Issues. Position- I agree that replacing Cushing is a need, but we've got much bigger and obvious teams needs than ILB in the 1st round. Talent- I like Zach Cunningham more for our defensive system and needs. I like his length, speed, and coverage abilities more than Foster. Character Issues- the issues he had at the health screening at the Combine tell me that he's probably a prima donna a-hole, bad for team chemistry. Also I read that he failed the urinalysis test due to a watered down sample which tells me he's hiding something and just plain stupid. Money doesn't change who you are, it just gives him the ability to be a much bigger a-hole.


I don't see us doing it. I wouldn't hate it, I haven't heard much about the character issues tho so I'm not sure. I like Cunningham too, but I agree that replacing Cushing shouldn't be at the top of our list. I expect us to compliment McKinney with a placeholder type until the opportunity presents itself to double up on blue chips at ILB (like when we drafted McKinney after years of Akeem Dents and stuff like that in there).

I think there's a few possible scenarios..

1. QB round 1
2. OL round 1
3. We take someone too talented to pass up that's sliding for some reason, like maybe OJ Howard, or John Ross, or Haason Reddick, or Johnathan Allen, or sumn like that


If OJ Howard is there, you make that pick in world record time. Best offensive player in the draft, by a significant margin.

John Ross? You basically drafted the healthier version of him last year in Will Fuller. His injury history is going to drop him out of the first, 4.22 and all.

My Spidey sense tells me to avoid Reddick. I don't know why, but I don't trust him working out at the pro level (which means he's due a long and successful career).
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17011
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38721
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


Fine. 2nd. No later than pick 50.

I'm certain that if Tom Savage had the confidence of the Front Office or coaching staff, he would have had a chance to win the starting job by now. Instead, the team has gone through great lengths to make sure he doesn't see the field.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17011
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


Fine. 2nd. No later than pick 50.

I'm certain that if Tom Savage had the confidence of the Front Office or coaching staff, he would have had a chance to win the starting job by now. Instead, the team has gone through great lengths to make sure he doesn't see the field.


we benched the 72 million dollar man and made Savage the starter last season....
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17011
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might as well throw this whole draft and next years draft at the browns and go get Myles Garrett.

sure it might seem dumb, but how do you stop a pass rush with Clowney/Watt at DE and Mercilus and Garrett at OLB? we do still have several decent CBs, they would only need to hold on for about 3 seconds every play
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PAtexansFAN99


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 4824
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor, I was thinking along a similar line the other day. What about Tim Williams. What if he's sitting there for the drafting at 25, could that be the piece that elevates us to 2000 ravens, 07 pats level defense?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38721
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


Fine. 2nd. No later than pick 50.

I'm certain that if Tom Savage had the confidence of the Front Office or coaching staff, he would have had a chance to win the starting job by now. Instead, the team has gone through great lengths to make sure he doesn't see the field.


we benched the 72 million dollar man and made Savage the starter last season....


...after 14 very poor games. This is the same coaching staff that benched Brian Hoyer for Ryan Mallett after one half of bad football, then benched Mallett for Hoyer after three games, so it's not as if they're hesitant to make changes.

If they believed Savage was the answer, why even pay Osweiler without even meeting him? You have yet to answer that very simple question.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 43754
Location: Htowntakever
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


Fine. 2nd. No later than pick 50.

I'm certain that if Tom Savage had the confidence of the Front Office or coaching staff, he would have had a chance to win the starting job by now. Instead, the team has gone through great lengths to make sure he doesn't see the field.


we benched the 72 million dollar man and made Savage the starter last season....


...after 14 very poor games. This is the same coaching staff that benched Brian Hoyer for Ryan Mallett after one half of bad football, then benched Mallett for Hoyer after three games, so it's not as if they're hesitant to make changes.

If they believed Savage was the answer, why even pay Osweiler without even meeting him? You have yet to answer that very simple question.


Plus Savage hasnt even helped his cause. He is more injury prone than Romo is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17011
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


Fine. 2nd. No later than pick 50.

I'm certain that if Tom Savage had the confidence of the Front Office or coaching staff, he would have had a chance to win the starting job by now. Instead, the team has gone through great lengths to make sure he doesn't see the field.


we benched the 72 million dollar man and made Savage the starter last season....


...after 14 very poor games. This is the same coaching staff that benched Brian Hoyer for Ryan Mallett after one half of bad football, then benched Mallett for Hoyer after three games, so it's not as if they're hesitant to make changes.

If they believed Savage was the answer, why even pay Osweiler without even meeting him? You have yet to answer that very simple question.


Plus Savage hasnt even helped his cause. He is more injury prone than Romo is.


If we are being honest then we all know the coaching staff is what's holding the team back across the board. Well the offensive coaching staff. I would love to elevate Vrabel to HC and get Romeo to be D.C. Again
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 43754
Location: Htowntakever
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


Fine. 2nd. No later than pick 50.

I'm certain that if Tom Savage had the confidence of the Front Office or coaching staff, he would have had a chance to win the starting job by now. Instead, the team has gone through great lengths to make sure he doesn't see the field.


we benched the 72 million dollar man and made Savage the starter last season....


...after 14 very poor games. This is the same coaching staff that benched Brian Hoyer for Ryan Mallett after one half of bad football, then benched Mallett for Hoyer after three games, so it's not as if they're hesitant to make changes.

If they believed Savage was the answer, why even pay Osweiler without even meeting him? You have yet to answer that very simple question.


Plus Savage hasnt even helped his cause. He is more injury prone than Romo is.


If we are being honest then we all know the coaching staff is what's holding the team back across the board. Well the offensive coaching staff. I would love to elevate Vrabel to HC and get Romeo to be D.C. Again


I thought that was fairly obvious?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 5551
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proposed 2017 - 2018 Texans 53 Man Roster
QB (Savage, Evans, Weeden)
Draft QB Jerod Evans (Virginia Tech) (5-155)

RB (Miller, Edmunds, Hunt, Ervin)
FB (Prosch)
Trade RB Alfred Blue to AZ for G/T Givens Price & 6-197
Draft RB Trey Edmunds (MD) (7-243)

WR (Hopkins, Fuller, Miller, Williams, Davis)
Draft WR Robert Davis (GA State) (5-169)

TE (Fiedorowicz, Griffin, Anderson)

OL
T (Brown, Vollmer, Gibson, Rich)
G/C (Sua-Filo, Allen, Mancz, Martin, Givens Price)
Sign T Sebastian Vollmer (NEP) (2 years, $8M)
Trade T Chris Clark to SEA for 7-226
Draft T Max Rich (Harvard) (7-226)
Also considered Rodger Saffold (LAR) or Kevin Pamphile (TB) to play RT. Both can probably be had for late round pick.

DL
DE (Watt, Heath, Covington, Kamalu)
NT (Reader, Ankou)
Draft NT Eli Ankou (UCLA) (6-197)

OLB (Clowney, Mercilus, Watt, Scarlett)
Draft T.J. Watt (WI) (1-25)
Trade LB Max Bullough for 2018 pick

ILB (McKinney, Cushing, Kendricks, Peters)
Trade pick 4-130 + WR Jaelen Strong to PHI for LB Mychal Kendricks + 5-155

CB (Joseph, Johnson, Griffin, Gilbert / Nelson, Wilson)
Sign CB Justin Gilbert (PIT) (3 years, $2.1M) or keep Robert Nelson
Draft CB Shaquill Griffin (UCF) (3-89)
Draft CB Brandon Wilson (UH) (4-142)

FS (K. Jackson, Hal, Moore)

SS (Jones, Pleasant, Dillon)
Draft S Josh Jones (NC State) (2-57)

ST (Novak, Lechler, Weeks)

KR Wilson // Williams // Ervin // Hunt
PR Wilson // Ervin // Fuller // Williams

UDFA
TE Zach Conque (SF Austin) UDFA
OLB / DE Cameron Malveaux (Houston) UDFA
S Jason Thompson (Utah) UDFA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17011
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get Hopkins resigned and we need to get Clowney resigned.

We have a lot of guys that can be cut to save money next off season if we need to.

There is no way Cushing is on the team when we can cut him and save 8.5 million in 2018. Maybe he is willing to take a pay cut who knows.

Same thing with Jeff Allen and Kareem Jackson.

and we are already looking at having over 40 million in cap space.

we need a deal with Hopkins done today
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ManInTheMirror


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


You'd be a broke joke then! Laughing
_________________
GEE MEN wrote:
If Tim Tebow had Dallas' offensive line he would be Dakota Prescott.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17011
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManInTheMirror wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'd bet my life savings that we don't draft a QB in the 1st round


You'd be a broke joke then! Laughing


Naw, Im a pastor, we don't have life savings
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group