Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith Reinstated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MookieMonster


Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 2508
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Aldon Smith Reinstated Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Will be official in March, barring any slip ups. If he is even close to Aldon of the Niners, the Raiders will have by far the best pass rush in the league with Mack, Smith, and Irvin.

Obviously he was always gonna be reinstated, the NFL just didn't want him in the playoffs. I absolutely think Aldon deserves another chance, he served his time, did everything he was suppose to do, did rebillation and rehab, and while making very dumb decisions with his DUIs, he never committed domestic violence or anything like that. Not sure why he ges such a deep level of hatred by some members of this forum. Did his time and owned up to it. People act like he beat up 10 women or something. IF he slips up I'll be the first person to say release him. But he deserves this chance.

Welcome back, Aldon.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/13/aldon-smith-investigation-domestic-incident/

Welllllllllllllllllllll
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 4740
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's at least wait until there is evidence and it is confirmed. Remember Elliott just had a fake case of domestic violence recently. If it turns out to be true Aldon should be cut and banned from the league immediately. There is no place in this league for domestic violence. Even if Carr commited domestic violence I would say he needs to be cut as well.

Hopefully this turns out to be false like the Elliott story but I don't exactly have my hopes up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoyalMajesty51o


Joined: 26 Dec 2015
Posts: 936
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon is a special kind of stupid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11826
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too late to get OFF the boat, Raider fans. Ship sailed a long time a go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41555
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
What did I just say a few days ago. Homie can't keep his name out the papers.

But oh, "it was only because of the dysfunctional 49ers".

But oh, "at least he never hit up on any woman".


Time to put down the Raiders cup.



Who even said that? Half of Raider fans I've seen on here have been pessimistic. Including me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speed_Wrench


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6097
Location: Bay area
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Colossal idiot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 4740
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
What did I just say a few days ago. Homie can't keep his name out the papers.

But oh, "it was only because of the dysfunctional 49ers".

But oh, "at least he never hit up on any woman".


Time to put down the Raiders cup.



Who even said that? Half of Raider fans I've seen on here have been pessimistic. Including me.


He's probably talking about my OP post when I said people claiming Aldon shouldn't be reinstated when others have done far worse like Domestic Violence. I never once stated I had any kind of optimism for Smith which I've made clear many times in the Raider forum. Just a ton of over reactions about him being in the league again.

If this is real then he is done. Let's wait for some evidence though. Everyone jumped the gun on the Elliott domestic violence reports as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hopper15


Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 2238
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was once on track for a Von Miller/Justin Houston type extension. I don't even know how he sleeps at night with so many millions of dollars he's thrown away.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverNBlackFan


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 7842
Location: R.I.P Al Davis 1929-2011
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Kind of a misleading thread title as its not official yet.


The decision has been made though, so I wouldn't really call it misleading.



Like I said, premature thread title.
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I'm beside myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PapaShogun


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 1395
Location: Macau
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
What did I just say a few days ago. Homie can't keep his name out the papers.

But oh, "it was only because of the dysfunctional 49ers".

But oh, "at least he never hit up on any woman".


Time to put down the Raiders cup.



Who even said that? Half of Raider fans I've seen on here have been pessimistic. Including me.


He's probably talking about my OP post when I said people claiming Aldon shouldn't be reinstated when others have done far worse like Domestic Violence. I never once stated I had any kind of optimism for Smith which I've made clear many times in the Raider forum. Just a ton of over reactions about him being in the league again.

If this is real then he is done. Let's wait for some evidence though. Everyone jumped the gun on the Elliott domestic violence reports as well.

But you did state the 49ers were dysfunctional, and seemed to imply that Aldon's actions were a result of being with the organization which just isn't true. Clearly he can't keep his name out of the papers even with a new team.

Also, Elliot doesn't have a history of screw ups. Benefit of the doubt is long gone for Aldon.
_________________

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iothar


Joined: 27 Sep 2007
Posts: 3504
Location: Groton, CT
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being reported Aldon is cooperating with police over an event that took place this weekend. No arrests have been made.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1652
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopper15 wrote:
He was once on track for a Von Miller/Justin Houston type extension. I don't even know how he sleeps at night with so many millions of dollars he's thrown away.


Probably better than Aaron Hernandez at least
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingshomer


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2460
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Aldon Smith Reinstated Reply with quote

MookieMonster wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Will be official in March, barring any slip ups. If he is even close to Aldon of the Niners, the Raiders will have by far the best pass rush in the league with Mack, Smith, and Irvin.

Obviously he was always gonna be reinstated, the NFL just didn't want him in the playoffs. I absolutely think Aldon deserves another chance, he served his time, did everything he was suppose to do, did rebillation and rehab, and while making very dumb decisions with his DUIs, he never committed domestic violence or anything like that. Not sure why he ges such a deep level of hatred by some members of this forum. Did his time and owned up to it. People act like he beat up 10 women or something. IF he slips up I'll be the first person to say release him. But he deserves this chance.

Welcome back, Aldon.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/13/aldon-smith-investigation-domestic-incident/

Welllllllllllllllllllll


Laughing

That was quick/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1652
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
Over/Under 1 game played for the Raiders going on from now?


Uhhh he played 8 for us last year without getting in trouble.


You were saying?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40322
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Let's at least wait until there is evidence and it is confirmed. Remember Elliott just had a fake case of domestic violence recently. If it turns out to be true Aldon should be cut and banned from the league immediately. There is no place in this league for domestic violence. Even if Carr commited domestic violence I would say he needs to be cut as well.

Hopefully this turns out to be false like the Elliott story but I don't exactly have my hopes up.


difference here is track record. One has never had issues and the other, well, is Smith...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group