Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith Reinstated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Aldon Smith Reinstated Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Will be official in March, barring any slip ups. If he is even close to Aldon of the Niners, the Raiders will have by far the best pass rush in the league with Mack, Smith, and Irvin.

Obviously he was always gonna be reinstated, the NFL just didn't want him in the playoffs. I absolutely think Aldon deserves another chance, he served his time, did everything he was suppose to do, did rebillation and rehab, and while making very dumb decisions with his DUIs, he never committed domestic violence or anything like that. Not sure why he ges such a deep level of hatred by some members of this forum. Did his time and owned up to it. People act like he beat up 10 women or something. IF he slips up I'll be the first person to say release him. But he deserves this chance.

Welcome back, Aldon.

Yes because driving under the influence is more forgivable than beating up women. Because Aldon should only get a deep level of hatred if he beat up 1-10 women, not for his multiple DUIs.

DUIs never hurt anybody Rolling Eyes

Are you honestly saying a DUI is a bigger crime than Domestic Violence? Yes, a DUI is a bad crime and you are being selfish and putting lives in danger. But normal every day people get DUIs due to their sheer stupidity, we all have multiple friends in real life with them. However, Domestic Violence takes a true act of evil and is one of the worst crimes you can committ. NFL wants to completely disassociate itself from Domestic Violence for a reason.
Doesn't matter which is perceived to be worse. You said it yourself, he's putting lives at risk. Talk to the people that lost loved ones due to drunk driving and how Aldon shouldn't be getting that much hate from people because he decided to drive drunk multiple times. All while saying to them "but at least he doesn't hit women am i rite???". Then get back to me.

Seriously domestic violence has nothing to do with it. Aldon didn't murder people like Aaron Hernandez either. Comparing Aldon's stupid decisions to something worse doesn't in any way let him off the hook so I don't know what your point is. Aldon has consistently made bad decisions off the field. That is why he is looked upon as a bone head by a lot of people.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
A.J. Jenkins

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a surprise that as a player moves to someone's football team, they become *insert name here* apologists. I understand that everyone wants Aldon Smith to turn things around, but the notion that you can attribute his behavior to the "support system" on a team is a super meh.

He may do well, he may not, but the stories some people seem to tell themselves about why the outcome will fit their narrative is ridiculous. Support system? Does that just equal more winning? What is this support system? Who's in it? What does anyone really know about their teams "support system" besides what you read on Bleacher Report?
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotta cheering and chest beating going around social media regarding Aldon reinstated..... lets see if the guy learned to call a uber

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
TomTheLegend17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

betcha he gets banned again. he's a real loser.
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not holding my breath that he can stay out of trouble until the start of the season, but he has gone a year and a half since failing a league test. He has done some stupid things during his time in the league. I'm hoping he has actually changed or at least has grown up a bit. Obviously if he has and he is motivated he could be a huge addition for us next year.

The league obviously cares more about money and ratings or guys like Aldon, Tyreek Hill, Joe Mixon etc wouldn't be allowed in or back into the league after their incidents.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Lotta cheering and chest beating going around social media regarding Aldon reinstated..... lets see if the guy learned to call a uber

I had little hope when he signed and lost a lot more after the fire up session. Dude is a major idiot. Hopefully he doesnt blow it, if this does pan out.... We're an interior pass rush away from potentially having an elite pass rush and a good defense
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. Jenkins wrote:
What a surprise that as a player moves to someone's football team, they become *insert name here* apologists. I understand that everyone wants Aldon Smith to turn things around, but the notion that you can attribute his behavior to the "support system" on a team is a super meh.

He may do well, he may not, but the stories some people seem to tell themselves about why the outcome will fit their narrative is ridiculous. Support system? Does that just equal more winning? What is this support system? Who's in it? What does anyone really know about their teams "support system" besides what you read on Bleacher Report?

What does anyone really know about there team then if that's the case?

Obviously Raider fans hope he succeeds, because well you know, he's on their team...
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news for Aldon & the Raiders. Hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity. He has the chance to be part of something really special.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenomenal talent on the field. Reckless and dangerous off the field. Wish him the best and hopefully he has learned from his mistakes.

Nice addition to the Raiders team if he can stay on the field and contribute.
KManX89

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Phenomenal talent on the field. Reckless and dangerous off the field. Wish him the best and hopefully he has learned from his mistakes.

Nice addition to the Raiders team if he can stay on the field and contribute.

Aye, but in all honesty, we've said that about, fawk, I've lot count of the number of second chances he's gotten.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/13/aldon-smith-investigation-domestic-incident/

If there is anything to this, it will be the end for him in his NFL career.

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just about to post that, J Laughing

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:

Looks like it's not booze let's add a alleged DV case Rolling Eyes

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord. Don't care if it's true or not. How can you not keep yourself out of trouble for just two more months?
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did I just say a few days ago. Homie can't keep his name out the papers.

But oh, "it was only because of the dysfunctional 49ers".

But oh, "at least he never hit up on any woman".

Time to put down the Raiders cup.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*

Last edited by PapaShogun on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: