You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith Reinstated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over/Under 1 game played for the Raiders going on from now?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
we'll see how long this lasts Laughing

Constructive and insightful post.

He played half the season with us last year and stayed out of trouble. The Raiders have a much better support group around him than the Niners did.
That's the worst excuse for his behavior I ever heard. 49ers gave Aldon chance, after chance, after chance. The organization tried to help him with his drinking problems. They tried deal with his dumb off the field decisions like shooting a gun at a party or getting arrested at the airport over a bomb controversey. He is a grown man that shouldn't have to have his hand held.

He could have killed someone with his drunk driving. Glad he's off the team. Got so tired of his antics. He even managed to get in trouble after he left. Surprise.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

He played half the season with us last year and stayed out of trouble. The Raiders have a much better support group around him than the Niners did.
That's the worst excuse for his behavior I ever heard. 49ers gave Aldon chance, after chance, after chance. The organization tried to help him with his drinking problems. They tried deal with his dumb off the field decisions like shooting a gun at a party or getting arrested at the airport over a bomb controversey. He is a grown man that shouldn't have to have his hand held.

He could have killed someone with his drunk driving. Glad he's off the team. Got so tired of his antics. He even managed to get in trouble after he left. Surprise.

Where'd he get in trouble after he left? His suspension was from the last incident with the 9ers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Last time he got in trouble he was on the dysfunctional 49ers.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Over/Under 1 game played for the Raiders going on from now?

Uhhh he played 8 for us last year without getting in trouble.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be celebrating tonight at the bar.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
He'll be celebrating tonight at the bar.

Not inaccurate

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jimmy_Durkin/status/828699072437497856
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Aldon Smith Reinstated Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Obviously he was always gonna be reinstated, the NFL just didn't want him in the playoffs.

Yeah, I disagree that was why they waited this long.

Trust is earned and it's debatable to say how much Alton has really earned at this point. Some? Probably. But not a lot. The timing of this is far more likely that they want to see if he can survive an offseason without screwing up again - which, given his track record, I don't know that I'd bet on.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Aldon Smith Reinstated Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Obviously he was always gonna be reinstated, the NFL just didn't want him in the playoffs.

Yeah, I disagree that was why they waited this long.

Trust is earned and it's debatable to say how much Alton has really earned at this point. Some? Probably. But not a lot. The timing of this is far more likely that they want to see if he can survive an offseason without screwing up again - which, given his track record, I don't know that I'd bet on.

I'm in agreement as well, the whole playoff part of the punishment is a reach, the league wants to see him hold it together through a whole offseason rather than having to rip a player away from a teams roster during the season.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Last time he got in trouble he was on the dysfunctional 49ers.
Guess that questional video of him smoking a joint doesn't count? Ok he wasn't officially punished for it by the league. Still serves as a reminder of what a moron he is. Arousing any kind of suspicion with his baggage is stupid. 49ers had nothing to do with it. You didn't see Frank Gore make an arse of himself every corner. Or Patrick Willis. The time for Aldon to take his diapers off and be a man is way past due.

So you can dispense with the "ahhh so it was the 49ers fault he acted like an idiot" narrative. It has no basis in reality buddy.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Aldon Smith Reinstated Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Will be official in March, barring any slip ups. If he is even close to Aldon of the Niners, the Raiders will have by far the best pass rush in the league with Mack, Smith, and Irvin.

Obviously he was always gonna be reinstated, the NFL just didn't want him in the playoffs. I absolutely think Aldon deserves another chance, he served his time, did everything he was suppose to do, did rebillation and rehab, and while making very dumb decisions with his DUIs, he never committed domestic violence or anything like that. Not sure why he ges such a deep level of hatred by some members of this forum. Did his time and owned up to it. People act like he beat up 10 women or something. IF he slips up I'll be the first person to say release him. But he deserves this chance.

Welcome back, Aldon.

Yes because driving under the influence is more forgivable than beating up women. Because Aldon should only get a deep level of hatred if he beat up 1-10 women, not for his multiple DUIs.

DUIs never hurt anybody Rolling Eyes

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aldon Smith Reinstated Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Will be official in March, barring any slip ups. If he is even close to Aldon of the Niners, the Raiders will have by far the best pass rush in the league with Mack, Smith, and Irvin.

Obviously he was always gonna be reinstated, the NFL just didn't want him in the playoffs. I absolutely think Aldon deserves another chance, he served his time, did everything he was suppose to do, did rebillation and rehab, and while making very dumb decisions with his DUIs, he never committed domestic violence or anything like that. Not sure why he ges such a deep level of hatred by some members of this forum. Did his time and owned up to it. People act like he beat up 10 women or something. IF he slips up I'll be the first person to say release him. But he deserves this chance.

Welcome back, Aldon.

Yes because driving under the influence is more forgivable than beating up women. Because Aldon should only get a deep level of hatred if he beat up 1-10 women, not for his multiple DUIs.

DUIs never hurt anybody Rolling Eyes

Are you honestly saying a DUI is a bigger crime than Domestic Violence? Yes, a DUI is a bad crime and you are being selfish and putting lives in danger. But normal every day people get DUIs due to their sheer stupidity, we all have multiple friends in real life with them. However, Domestic Violence takes a true act of evil and is one of the worst crimes you can committ. NFL wants to completely disassociate itself from Domestic Violence for a reason.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

LOL, you are banking on that? Just look at his snapchat post from last year, Aldon does what Aldon wants to do. But as always, I will root for him and hope he keeps clean. This is unquestionably the last chance he will have. Also the first time he will be ready to go from week 1 since 2013. And even then, it only lasted like three games. So I'm excited to see him play without having to work his way into shape like last few years that he played.

If he is clean and close to the player he was before, that will make the Raiders awfully hard to beat.

El ramster on the sig
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

You mean the team who was a perennial NFC powerhouse that had Jim Harbaugh as HC, who had guys like Anquan Boldin, Joe Staley, Alex Boone, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, NaVorro Bowman, Carlos Rogers and Frank Gore as veterans and team leaders??

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he's stayed clean since he's been with the Raiders, including over a year without communication with anyone on the team, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: