Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith reinstated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Personally, I feel for him and I think the NFL has a broken system with suspended players

They suspend these players. Put them on an island where most come from rough backgrounds and the people that hang on them drag them down.

Suspended players should be allowed around the team so they can be supported. There is a mental health issue with many of these guys and they don't get the help they need.

Telling you. NFL teams should have someone on staff to support mental health. To help these kids deal with fame, money, stress it causes, etc. And these suspended players should be able to have the support of their teammates AND the mental help professional.

We laugh, say he's a "special kind of stupid", but really it's a person who needs help, daily and there is no weakness in that.

Agreed. especially the last sentence
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Personally, I feel for him and I think the NFL has a broken system with suspended players

They suspend these players. Put them on an island where most come from rough backgrounds and the people that hang on them drag them down.

Suspended players should be allowed around the team so they can be supported. There is a mental health issue with many of these guys and they don't get the help they need.

Telling you. NFL teams should have someone on staff to support mental health. To help these kids deal with fame, money, stress it causes, etc. And these suspended players should be able to have the support of their teammates AND the mental help professional.

We laugh, say he's a "special kind of stupid", but really it's a person who needs help, daily and there is no weakness in that.

But substance abuse related suspensions are allow at facilities and contact with teammates.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Maybe if the players hadn't wanted less padded practices some real changes could of been put in place

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

But substance abuse related suspensions are allow at facilities and contact with teammates.

No, he's definitely not allowed any contact with players or coaches
Synyster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Because he is banned. You have to do alot of stuff before you get to that point. He had chances with all his passed suspensions to get help from team, players and coaches. And also to get help on his own. Personal responsibility has to play a part in this. You can try to help people with a problem(which i have) all day long. Until they finally make the choice they want better and they want to change, it isnt to much you can do.

Last edited by dante9876 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

meh

I think athletes should be held accountable. Its not funny. Aldon has received help be it voluntary or involuntary and he keep messing up. The niner/raider locker room were filled with positive leaders and he chose not to surround himself with positive people. As an adult you have to recognize when you're out of control esp with substance abuse. He isnt the only athlete to come from a rough upbringing so I dont agree with that excuse. Every tree always has a few bad apples

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Because he is banned. You have to do alot of stuff before you get to that point. He had chances with all his passed suspensions to get help from team, players and coaches. And also to get help on his own. Personal responsibility has to play a part in this. You can try to help people with a problem(which i have) all day long. Until they finally make the choice they want better and they want to change, it isnt to much you can do.

You both have a point. I agree you can't help people who don't want to help themselves, but that also doesn't mean you give up on them either
Synyster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have Pastor Derek Carr of all people follow him around 24/7 and he''d still find a way to screw up.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Thank you for proving my point. It's THIS type of attitude society has that don't help people with mental health problems. We pretend it's weak or not manly to get help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
You can have Pastor Derek Carr of all people follow him around 24/7 and he''d still find a way to screw up.

But sit him down with a mental health professional who can get to the root of his troubles and provide real solutions..... maybe something clicks.

That was an ignorant statement. It's not a ra ra, I got your back find Jesus approach that's needed.

We're talk mental health. I'd suggest talking to someone yourself. It's amazing what you can learn about your fears, desires, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you definitely have an anger problem bp
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Synyster wrote:

But sit him down with a mental health professional who can get to the root of his troubles and provide real solutions..... maybe something clicks.

That was an ignorant statement. It's not a ra ra, I got your back find Jesus approach that's needed.

We're talk mental health. I'd suggest talking to someone yourself. It's amazing what you can learn about your fears, desires, etc.

Your point makes sense for overall society . I dont think it pertains to Aldon and the nfl process.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
you definitely have an anger problem bp

How do figure.

Reality.... one of the chillest guys you'll meet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

With you 100%. Substance abuse is not a joking matter. It destroys families.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: