Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bottom 10
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengalErnst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Bottom 10 Reply with quote

Working on a project where I would be bringing back the XFFL. Would any of you be willing to list the bottom 10-15 guys on your roster so I can use them for the new XFL?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFFENSE:
WR: DeAnthony Thomas, Demarcus Robinson
TE: James O'Shaughnessy
QB: Nick Foles
RB: Knile Davis, Jamaal Charles
OL: Bryan Witzmann, Jah Reid, Mike Person

DEFENSE:
LB: Victor Ochi, Terrance Smith, Derrick Johnson, Josh Mauga
DL: Kendall Reyes
CB: Phillip Gaines, Kenneth Acker,
BengalErnst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal Charles?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalErnst wrote:
Jamaal Charles?

Old, too many knee injuries, probable CAP casualty.
samsel23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Tyler Bray
RB Knife Davis
RB Darrin Reaves
WR Demarcus Robinson
TE James O'Shaugnessy
OL Zach Fulton
OL Jay Reid
ILB Terrance Smith
ILB DJ Alexander
CB Kenneth Acker
WR DeAnthony Thomas
TE Travis Ross
CB Phillip Gaines
OLB Victor Ochi
DL Kendall Reyes

Tried to leave off older guys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
OFFENSE:
WR: DeAnthony Thomas, Demarcus Robinson
TE: James O'Shaughnessy
QB: Nick Foles
RB: Knile Davis, Jamaal Charles
OL: Bryan Witzmann, Jah Reid, Mike Person

DEFENSE:
LB: Victor Ochi, Terrance Smith, Derrick Johnson, Josh Mauga
DL: Kendall Reyes
CB: Phillip Gaines, Kenneth Acker,

Don't be a numbskull...he said bottom 10-15, not the most injured ones. When Charles and DJ are in there they are great players. Not to mention if they aren't gonna play again, what good would they do for his imaginary XFL team?

It's really hard to believe you are a KC fan sometimes. I would get it if they were on the field and sucking, but that's not the case...and you can't help but insult them anytime you get a chance.

Gaines maybe belongs right now, but he's still above White overall. I'd say Barnes not Reyes. Bray not Foles.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's really hard to believe you are a KC fan sometimes.

Acid remarks and name calling is what I expect from a no thinking "homer".
BengalErnst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And plus this league wouldn't work that way.. if you sent DJ and Charles to the developmental team, their salary would still be paid for by the chiefs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalErnst wrote:
And plus this league wouldn't work that way.. if you sent DJ and Charles to the developmental team, their salary would still be paid for by the chiefs.

Yeah.

And my point was if they were healthy enough to play they would be starting for KC. Yet, Mayan can't help but take a jab at them as they are getting older and have current injuries...basically implying even if healthy they are end of the roster guys.

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:
It's really hard to believe you are a KC fan sometimes.

Acid remarks and name calling is what I expect from a no thinking "homer".

You are the one who was non-stop about the horrid play of the ILB's after DJ got hurt....yet now you are calling him a bottom 15 roster player. Guess JJ Watt is a bottom roster player too. And Gronk. So was Tony Romo for most of the year.

I don't want to name call, hence the wording "don't be a"...but if you are gonna scar the name of 2 KC HOF players like that, I'll happily get banned b4 I fail to stand up against that kind of talk.

Read the OP again: "bottom 10-15 of your roster". It says nothing about salary, possible cap cuts, or injuries. Does it really seem like DJ and Charles belong on that list?

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listed players as if they would/could be available to the author's needs.
Geez, I never said Charles, DJ weren't Chiefs HOF players, maybe NFL HOF (at least Charles).
I simply believe their time has come and gone and their roster space should go to younger, more capable players.
Who pays salary wasn't in the original, initial post. So there's that.
BengalErnst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not mad. I appreciate any and all the help I get.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Geez, I never said Charles, DJ weren't Chiefs HOF players, maybe NFL HOF (at least Charles).
I simply believe their time has come and gone and their roster space should go to younger, more capable players.

Ok...I guess. I still don't understand the DJ thing with how much issue you took with all his backups. You still want to part ways if he gets back to health? (as he appears to be doing). That's 5.5M in dead money to a player who can likely still help.

mayanfootball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Ok...I guess. I still don't understand the DJ thing with how much issue you took with all his backups. You still want to part ways if he gets back to health? (as he appears to be doing). That's 5.5M in dead money to a player who can likely still help.
My money would go to drafting defense early and HARD. Great LB's, Edge and DT's available. Sorry, but DJ can hardly rehab in less than a year and again, he's get'n old. I'll let the FO decide how to procede - retire, extend, restructure, release?

Don't forget, KC tried many of their current LB's at ILB. Most failed miserably or are "just adequate". If we keep Ramik Wilson at one, KC needs to draft a early for the the other ILB, IMO. I also am enamored with Haason Reddick and Jordan Willis/edge and Jarad Davis, Anthony Walker Jr., Harvey Langi, have my attention at ILB. Wormley, Nazair Jones, Vanderdoes look good at DT.
There's more, but that's good to start.
Chiefs defense must tighten up the middle rush defense and pass rush. Another starting CB is on my list too. I'm glad KC has extra picks to work with.
Sorry, this should rightly have gone to the "draft thread".
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...you say if it was "your money" it would go to...

But you do understand that atleast 5.5M goes to DJ regardless if he is on the team or not? So there is really no option to cut him, especially considering he's still easily the best guy when healthy. The FO can not just "retire" him.

Unlike Charles, who can be cut free of charge. And like you, I don't believe that we should look to pay him the 7M for 2017. Now where we disagree here is that I am 100% on board with a restructure...he just recently turned 30 and while he has the knee injuries, you can come all the way back from those at most any age these days...it's just taken longer this time.

When he played this year, you could still see that game changing burst. He has relative low wear and tear for his age and has the tools to be effective after losing a little speed (like a Marcus Allen). He is only 105th on the career carries list (59th career rushing yards lol). It's no guarantee he's gonna be effective again, but I think all the signs point towards it's much more likely he's got something left.

Just for fun Terrell Davis is 62nd on the career carries list and 55th on the career yardage list

mayanfootball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The FO can not just "retire" him.

You really think there's no "conversation" between the 2 parties?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: