Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 17: Patriots Sign-Up/War-Room Thread!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: FFMD 17: Patriots Sign-Up/War-Room Thread! Reply with quote

Welcome to the return of FFMD in the New England Patriots forum! With the Super Bowl going on tomorrow, I wanted to post this while users are still comong to the forum. This particular thread is a bro-hug and head nod to all footballsfuture users. I am a big fan of mock drafts, and mock off-seasons in particular. I graciously accept position of General Manager this season.

Here is a link to the official FFMD rules and info thread: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=585113

However, despite the fun, they are large projects. I encourage all users to voice their opinions, now and throughout the process of FFMD. It will always be read and taken into consideration. The more ideas flowing here, the better! Those who would like to assume a larger role, I would be very thankful for.

Pretty much, my philosophy will be to continue to build on the evil empire Wink I want to have the team build through the draft, as there are veryany talented and intriguing options. But let's not act like the Patriots aren't the team with the third most projected cap space Very Happy We will make use of that appropriately. The main roles that we need to find out this project include but are not limited to...

Assistant GM: Top role outside of my position. This job will have the largest influence on our decisions, because we are a team after all. This job also requires huge amounts of responsibility. You must put in effort and, essentially.. Do Your Job! Cool

Financials/Salary Capologist: This is a big job and I really need a dedicated user for this position that knows what they're talking about. This job will be responsible for all things moolahhh$

Head Scout: Pretty much this is our top scout. Specializing in a position isn't necessary but is acceptable. Big influence on our draft process.

Also, positional coaches can volunteer for jobs. It would be cool if we could have a Writer or Journalist sign-up to track our offseason and write about our moves to keep things interesting! Don't you wanna feel like Jeff Howe or Doug Kyed? I would say Ben Volin, but who wants to be like that guy?? Laughing

Even if you don't want to join the FFMD 2017 Patriots staff, feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas here for us to ponder and discuss. Dancing

Last edited by justin_perkins on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse
I_GET_SAX
bluemushrooms
1ForTheThumb

Are you guys still interested in joining, and if so where would you like to be apart of this at?
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on being involved, but I really want to see as much new blood as possible so I will fill in where needed!

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'll scout RBs.

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll step outside my usual box of scouting or GM duties and try my hand at capologist. I'll get a spready going. What theme do we want to use for our targets via FA and Draft this year?

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
2016 Adopt a Patriot- Cyrus Jones-Healthy Scratch
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by justin_perkins on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, greatest performance of all time? Certainly up for debate.

We will be picking #32 overall in the first round!
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our window to tender our own guys is from the 12th to the 15th, so we really need to get a discussion about it going. Here's a link to view all free agents(UFA, RFA, ERFA)... http://nesn.com/2017/02/patriots-have-so-many-important-players-hitting-free-agency-in-2017/

RFA
CB Malcolm Butler
OT Cameron Fleming

ERFA
CB Justin Coleman
DE Geneo Grissom
S Brandon King
TE Matt Lengel

Alright, first thing is first. Obviously we're locking up Malcolm Butler.
Cam Fleming is at east worth bringing into camp, he's only backup tackle besides Waddle.
Again, same for Coleman. Had a down year but has shown ability to play before. Should come back IMO.
Grissom, we can probably let walk. Never lived up to where he was drafted.
King is one of the top 3 ST'ers that don't kick or snap the ball imo(Slater, Ebner, King), he should come back, I don't see any opposing reason not to tender him.
Lengel too, summer depth at the worst. Got some PT on the 53 this year that should give him a slight edge over street free agents.

What are you guys thinking?
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of these guys, Butler and King are only prioritizes I see and Butler is an absolute must.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say bring all of those guys back. Since it's the offseason there's no need to limit to 53 players, the cap only takes into account the top 51, so the ERFA's won't even affect that. All of those guys should all be a part of training camp next year. For the RFAs I would definitely give Butler a 1st rounder tender, and Fleming an original round so we'd get a 4th if someone tries to sign him away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
I would say bring all of those guys back. Since it's the offseason there's no need to limit to 53 players, the cap only takes into account the top 51, so the ERFA's won't even affect that. All of those guys should all be a part of training camp next year. For the RFAs I would definitely give Butler a 1st rounder tender, and Fleming an original round so we'd get a 4th if someone tries to sign him away.

Agreed 100%. No reason not to give the first round tender for Butler, serious question though. If a top ten team offers him, should we even consider just taking the draft pick and letting him walk? If we do, Ryan will be priority #1 IMO. Cyrus Jones will be improved hopefully by the time August is finished. Depth will be scarce but you figure, a top ten pick gives us a shot as Teez Tabor, Quincy Wilson, Marshon Lattimore, etc. Something to think about.
And i doubt anyone offers Fleming, and this is a good year for us cap-wise so the tender amount won't be an issue if he sticks.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a team would value Butler enough to part with a top 10 pick. Outside of NE, he isn't thought all that highly of despite being ranked #2 in the league last year as a cover corner.

smack the 1st round tender on him, I bet no one puts an offer in

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
I don't think a team would value Butler enough to part with a top 10 pick. Outside of NE, he isn't thought all that highly of despite being ranked #2 in the league last year as a cover corner.

Yeah that is a risk I'm comfortable taking too. We'll be sure to have research on secondary targets in draft or FA just in case we get surprised.

justin_perkins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Yeah that is a risk I'm comfortable taking too. We'll be sure to have research on secondary targets in draft or FA just in case we get surprised.

How do you guys feel about the rest our FA's?

I'm thinking we should use the franchise tag on Hightower, and then extend him. He made two of the biggest plays in both of our past two SB wins. He's a leader and captain. Real sound guy that can thump. He's our best linebacker and the best one available to us this offseason. Despite him often being injured, no reason to even let him hit the market IMO.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
TE Martellus Bennett
RB LeGarrette Blount
RB Brandon Bolden
DT Alan Branch
FB James Develin
WR Michael Floyd
FS Duron Harmon
LB Dont’a Hightower
DE Chris Long
LB Barkevious Mingo
CB Logan Ryan
TE Greg Scruggs
DE Jabaal Sheard
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board with tagging Hightower. He's so special.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: