You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Hall of Fame vote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calamity_Cometh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love TD very much but him getting in over Owens reeks of dislike. I just read this 10 minutes ago and the first thing I said out loud was "Damn, Owens really must [inappropriate/removed] people off."
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
http://lastwordonsports.com/2017/02/01/cliff-branch-pro-football-hall-fame/

This is another reason the HOF is a joke. I'll correct myself with the selection process is a joke lots of deserving people in the HOF.

Cliff Branch isn't the only past great who is being repeatedly snubbed (Jerry Kramer for example).

And Randy Gradishar. Paul "Dr Z" Zimmerman seemingly launched a one-man campaign against him, saying that the Broncos inflated his tackle numbers.

As for TO and TD, I think that both should have been in last year over Tony Dungy and Marvin Harrison. Dungy (while I like him) isn't a HOF-level HC, and Harrison usually came up short in the playoffs.

Heck, I think that TD should have been in before Martin and Bettis. It isn't the Hall of Didn't Get Injured.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy for all the inductees, but in particular Kurt Warner. What an inspirational and improbable story this guy has. He could have easily given up on his dream, but he never did and probably succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Very happy for all the inductees, but in particular Kurt Warner. What an inspirational and improbable story this guy has. He could have easily given up on his dream, but he never did and probably succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

Agreed......I'm glad Kurt made it in. Great story.

As for TO not getting in....... I'm a dolphins fan and I still don't see how Jason Taylor (or Terrell Davis) got in before Owens. I also don't get the selection of Jerry Jones over Paul Tagliabu ( Owners and front office personnel are a separate selection category than players, so it's not like Jerry was selected over TO or any other players ).
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how they can justify keeping Boselli out next season after TD got in. Always felt Boselli was fringe because of his lack of time as an elite star due to injury, but with Davis getting in for his work in the same timeframe, there really isn't an argument. TD has the MVP, but Left Tackles don't get those, so it isn't really a knock on Boselli' résumé.

Live like you're down 3-1
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction that they'll keep snubbing Don Coryell until the Senior Committee finally puts him in 25 years too late is holding strong.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with LT and Jason getting in. Jerry I'm ok with as he isn't taking a players spot, but don't believe any of the others are sure fire hall of famers. Is like to see some of the OTs get in that are waiting and obviously TO is one of the best WRs of all time. He deserved to get in way before TD, MA, or KW.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owens is getting the Barry Bonds treatment plain and simple. Yes it's a joke but it happens. I can understand Dawkins not getting in year one given their bias towards 1st ballot HOF but he shouldn't/better not have to wait much longer. With or without a SB Ring and eventual HOF'rs Reed /Polamalu coming up in the future.

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 2Gm//85 Att//60% Comp//640 Yds//4 TD//2 INT//61 Rush yds//
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, Owens is one of the top 5-10 receivers of all time. Sure he's a bit of a character but the guy should have made the Hall of Fame this year.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really just petty at this point.

I know he never would, but part of me hopes that when TO eventually does get it, he turns it down.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrell Davis doesn't belong in the HOF.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Terrell Davis doesn't belong in the HOF.

If we're being perfectly honest, neither should Kurt Warner. Outside of (5 seasons) 99-00-01 and two seasons with AZ 08'-09' what exactly is so HOF about his 12 yr career? Great Story, great guy apparently like posted above but hardly a slam dunk if anything a borderline HOF IMO.

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 2Gm//85 Att//60% Comp//640 Yds//4 TD//2 INT//61 Rush yds//
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, even McNabb said T.O. should be in. So there's that.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
MathMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're putting in 7 players every year, how long before we run out of HOF-worthy players?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
If we're putting in 7 players every year, how long before we run out of HOF-worthy players?

This has been happening already.

Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a minimum requirement for number of new HOFers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: