Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrey13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17 Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Not a fan to be honest. Way too much turnover for a team who just made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade. Ultimately, I'd want to keep Smith and Nelson and draft and develop behind them. Not a fan of going crazy on the WR position in FA, either. I like Moton, but he's a RT/G only in my opinion. I'd much rather re-sign Watson (especially if we release Howard) and draft a guy who could legitimately take that LT spot. I also don't think you've properly addressed the defensive line with Fairley. A true nose tackle upgrade is needed.

i think smith and nelson are just going to decline esp in speed

i thought sean smith would be used as ss but at cb he is pretty much only good within 10 yards

Watson has shown nothing imo to pencil him in as a starter

I do not think he declined this year as much as he was exposed because of our lack of a pass rush and our scheme putting him in situations he should not be in. Smith played great when the coaches put him in situations that played to his strengths. If we can have our D at full strength next year (Mack, Irvin, Smith, MEJ) you will see a drastic improvement in our secondary.

I am not as positive on Nelson though. He gets a lot of turnovers and we can and have done much worse then him but he seems to freelance a lot and it puts players like Sean Smith in bad spots. He actually did it in the pro bowl. The DB got beat on the outside thinking he had help over the top.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17 Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Not a fan to be honest. Way too much turnover for a team who just made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade. Ultimately, I'd want to keep Smith and Nelson and draft and develop behind them. Not a fan of going crazy on the WR position in FA, either. I like Moton, but he's a RT/G only in my opinion. I'd much rather re-sign Watson (especially if we release Howard) and draft a guy who could legitimately take that LT spot. I also don't think you've properly addressed the defensive line with Fairley. A true nose tackle upgrade is needed.

i think smith and nelson are just going to decline esp in speed

i thought sean smith would be used as ss but at cb he is pretty much only good within 10 yards

Watson has shown nothing imo to pencil him in as a starter

I do not think he declined this year as much as he was exposed because of our lack of a pass rush and our scheme putting him in situations he should not be in. Smith played great when the coaches put him in situations that played to his strengths. If we can have our D at full strength next year (Mack, Irvin, Smith, MEJ) you will see a drastic improvement in our secondary.

I am not as positive on Nelson though. He gets a lot of turnovers and we can and have done much worse then him but he seems to freelance a lot and it puts players like Sean Smith in bad spots. He actually did it in the pro bowl. The DB got beat on the outside thinking he had help over the top.

imo sean smith cant defend go route.s anything past 10-20 yards and he is toast. i think at this point in his career a move to ss would benefit him more than staying at cb.

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: