Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lack of BYU homer picks has left me confused.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
I think Gillislee would fit in well with Richard and Washington, and Fairley would bring that pass rush threat from the interior. My two favorite FA targets this year.

I like the first 3 picks. Peppers is a gamer and can help in a variety of ways. Moton in an instant upgrade from Howard. I haven't watched any tape on Beckwith but I know he's been the starting MLB on a good D in the SEC for 2+ years, so that's worth something. I don't know much about any of the others except Coley. He never lived up to lofty expectations after a promising freshman year but as a 7th rounder he's a good developmental pick.

This mock checks a lot of boxes for us:
-Secondary help- Peppers, Gilmore, Kazee
-Pass rush- Fairley
-OL- Moton
-LB- Beckwith, Bostic, Maybin
-RB- Gillislee
-RET- Patterson

I'd say a B+, maybe A-. Nice job, NCOUGH.

thanks man good write up i always try to fill boxes

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

ive grown alot old rival buddy

I do like their safety kai nacua and if peppers isnt in play Id get him later prolly

Raider X wrote:
reddevil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft. The Peppers and Kazee picks particularly. Peppers would be that chess piece you could move around. With Joseph having the range to play deep, Peppers could be used to play in the box, slot and cover TEs. I know he's a bit of an unknown commodity but with this draft being so deep, I think we can afford to take a risk on a high ceiling guy like him. Kazee I love as a slot corner with potential. Really liked his aggression in the senior bowl.
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from Connecticut I want Obi Melifonwu
On Peppers being Harbaugh coached, he could be a finished product right now. Plus I think he's close to 5'11 then 6'1.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Laughing
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Do we need all those WRs? 4 new guys seems a bit much, no?

Like Rolni said, i don't know what you see with Bostic. Vet minimum is all he's going to get to come compete in a TC.

Nick Fairley is a good option.

Gilmore had a poor season from what i've heard so i don't see the point in replacing Smith with him.

I don't know about Peppers. I haven't looked at him enough to form an opinion.
Moton is a perfect pick imo.
Beckwith is an old school MLB. I think he's going to drop after the combine.
I had Kazee in my own mock so i obviously like it.

the way we had drops last year plus holmes leaving led me to adding some wr's esp a good slot guy

agree about gilmore

i wanted kazee last year but he stayed big fan of his game

Raider X wrote:
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17 Reply with quote

Not a fan to be honest. Way too much turnover for a team who just made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade. Ultimately, I'd want to keep Smith and Nelson and draft and develop behind them. Not a fan of going crazy on the WR position in FA, either. I like Moton, but he's a RT/G only in my opinion. I'd much rather re-sign Watson (especially if we release Howard) and draft a guy who could legitimately take that LT spot. I also don't think you've properly addressed the defensive line with Fairley. A true nose tackle upgrade is needed.
G

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LIKE IT!!!!
I think Gilmore will cost more but I think he's worth it as he had a bad season but looked elite before then. Younger, faster and will cost more than Smith but worth it IMO.
Didn't know Mike Gill until saw it was shorthand. Laughing Solid
Patterson will probably frustrate fans as we'll see the talent and want him at WR but he is only a KR.
Nick F. would be good and cheaper than Hankins who I'd really want.
Draft:
Peppers gets much love from media/coaches and rivals but here at FF is called over rated. I like the pick personally.
Moton seems like a 3rd but probably doesn't make it to our 3rd so...I'm ok but would rather go another direction but would be cool with it as we need to protect Carr.
Beckwith I'd love 3rd or 4th is great
Kazee great value and depth in the 4th.
The rest fills needs and maybe someone shines.
Grade A cause it's so much like what I'd do. Laughing
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17 Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Not a fan to be honest. Way too much turnover for a team who just made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade. Ultimately, I'd want to keep Smith and Nelson and draft and develop behind them. Not a fan of going crazy on the WR position in FA, either. I like Moton, but he's a RT/G only in my opinion. I'd much rather re-sign Watson (especially if we release Howard) and draft a guy who could legitimately take that LT spot. I also don't think you've properly addressed the defensive line with Fairley. A true nose tackle upgrade is needed.

i think smith and nelson are just going to decline esp in speed

i thought sean smith would be used as ss but at cb he is pretty much only good within 10 yards

Watson has shown nothing imo to pencil him in as a starter

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
Love the draft. The Peppers and Kazee picks particularly. Peppers would be that chess piece you could move around. With Joseph having the range to play deep, Peppers could be used to play in the box, slot and cover TEs. I know he's a bit of an unknown commodity but with this draft being so deep, I think we can afford to take a risk on a high ceiling guy like him. Kazee I love as a slot corner with potential. Really liked his aggression in the senior bowl.

exactly. thanks.

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I LIKE IT!!!!
I think Gilmore will cost more but I think he's worth it as he had a bad season but looked elite before then. Younger, faster and will cost more than Smith but worth it IMO.
Didn't know Mike Gill until saw it was shorthand. Laughing Solid
Patterson will probably frustrate fans as we'll see the talent and want him at WR but he is only a KR.
Nick F. would be good and cheaper than Hankins who I'd really want.
Draft:
Peppers gets much love from media/coaches and rivals but here at FF is called over rated. I like the pick personally.
Moton seems like a 3rd but probably doesn't make it to our 3rd so...I'm ok but would rather go another direction but would be cool with it as we need to protect Carr.
Beckwith I'd love 3rd or 4th is great
Kazee great value and depth in the 4th.
The rest fills needs and maybe someone shines.
Grade A cause it's so much like what I'd do. Laughing

im really trying to improve team speed and depth at key positions

Gilmore imo could compete better than sean smith at this point in their careers

thanks

Raider X wrote:
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get the Pepper's love, but if Melifonwu is there I'm taking him, I originally had him going in the 2nd, but he is moving up boards since the Senior Bowl.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Don't get the Pepper's love, but if Melifonwu is there I'm taking him, I originally had him going in the 2nd, but he is moving up boards since the Senior Bowl.

I think the combine will stabilize Melifonwu in the 2nd or 3rd. He would have to have elite athleticism, movement skills and fluidity at his size to go higher than the mid 2nd and I don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I think the combine will stabilize Melifonwu in the 2nd or 3rd. He would have to have elite athleticism, movement skills and fluidity at his size to go higher than the mid 2nd and I don't see it happening.
I disagree!
Quote:
Melifonwu was one of the most impressive prospects at the Senior Bowl, displaying a serious skill set for the NFL. The size/speed freak was all over the field while dishing out some serious hits.

Melifonwu is a big safety who can be the eighth man in the box, but he showed impressive range in the team scrimmage. The Chicago Bears' staff had Meilfonwu being the lone deep safety on a lot of plays in Mobile, and he covered a lot of ground. Even though Melifonwu is big, he is not stiff as an athlete, showing some ability to open up his hips and run. Following his week in Mobile, there has been a lot of buzz about Melifonwu having late first-round potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: