Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: NCOUGHS PRE COMBINE MOCK 17 Reply with quote

*OFF SEASON STOLEN FROM NIGHTTRAIN

SALARY CAP (INCLUDING 2.8MIL 2016 ROLLOVER) - 170.8MIL
ACTIVE CONTRACTS - 126.1MIL (INCLUDING ALDON SMITH IF REINSTATED)
CAP SPACE - 44.6MIL

RELEASE

SEAN SMITH - 9.5mil SAVINGS
AUSTIN HOWARD - 3.6mil SAVINGS
REGGIE NELSON - 4.25mil SAVINGS (if kept past 3rd league day in '17 then 1.25mil bonus guaranteed, THEREFORE ONLY 3mil SAVING IN THAT CASE)
WILLIAMS -4.6 MIL

FAs NOT RETAINED

M.SMITH
L.MURRAY
DJ HAYDEN
M.RIVERA
M.MCGLOIN

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS - OWN

UFA - SS TRAWICK - RESIGN 2 yr 2mil - 1st yr 1mil
UFA - S ALLEN - RESIGN - 3yr 6.5mil - 1st yr 2.1mil
UFA - MCGEE - RESIGN - 3yr 7mil - 1st yr 2.5mil
UFA - LB BATES - RESIGN 1yr 1.2mil
UFA - LS CONDO - RESIGN - 1yr 1.3mil
RFA - DE AUTRY - RESIGN - 1yr tender 2.5mil
ERFA - WR ROBERTS - RESIGN - 1yr 0.6mil

NFL FA'S
Mike Gill RB $4/yr 4yr
Nick Fairley DT $6/yr 2yr
Jon Bostic ilb/st $4/yr 4yr
Stephon Gilmore cb $6/yr 4yr
Cordarrelle Paterson wr/kr $5.5/yr 4yr
Marcus Wheaton wr $3.5/yr 4yr
Brandon Lafell wr $4/yr 3yr

1) Jabrill Peppers S/LB Michigan
Height: 6-1. Weight: 208.
40 Time: 4.43

I think he can guard every offensive skill position better than 80% of our lb/db core. That much versatilty, brains and skill is just what we need imo. Harbaugh coached so his transition to nfl life wont be as drastic as other rookies. Hooker and Adams are gone fwiw.

2) Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
Height: 6-5. Weight: 326.

Been tellin yall bout him since the fall glad everyone got aboard. Dude is a straight blanket. Not perfect yet but he kept his qb clean. Dancing bear type. Start at RT for 5 years maybe LT.

3)Kendell Beckwith*, ILB, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 252.
40 Time: 4.73

Been a fan for years reminds me of a young beason. Battle tested like a mug. Start at mlb hes ready.

4)Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 185.
40 Time: 4.48.

In 2016, Kazee recorded 65 tackles with eight passes broken up and seven interceptions. Another draft fav. Small school baller was the Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year last season with eight interceptions, 75 tackles, and seven passes broken up. Real deal. Poor mans Quincy Wilson.

5)Jalen Reeves-Maybin*, OLB/ILB, Tennessee
Height: 6-0. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

Banged up tweener but a chance id take here . Baller before he went down.

6) Jon Heck, OT, North Carolina
Height: 6-6. Weight: 300.

More oline help. Developmental prospect kept his qb Mitch clean. LTOTF maybe.

7) Stacy Coley, WR, Miami
Height: 6-1. Weight: 185.
Projected 40 Time: 4.44.

63 receptions for 754 yards with nine scores with Medocre qb play last year in college. Toy for Carr. Can take the top off.

UDFA
Connor Cella, TE, Rice
Height: 6-3. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.

Developmental te who knows might be great. fast, smart and strong

QB - CARR , COOK , GILBERT*
RB MIKE GILL (FA), WASHINGTON , RICHARD , JONES
FB - OLAWALE
WR - CRABTREE , COOPER , PATTERSON (FA), COLEY , ROBERTS, LAFELL (FA), WHEATON (FA), HOLTON*
TE - SMITH , WALFORD , CELLA
T - PENN , MOTON , HECK , WATSON
G - OSEMELE , JACKSON , ALEXANDER , KIRKLAND*
C HUDSON , FELICIANO , OMOILE*
DE - MACK , EDWARDS , WARD , CALHOUN , AUTRY , JACKSON*
DT - FAIRLEY (FA), ELLIS , MCGEE , LATHUM , CHERRY*
LB - IRVIN , BECKWITH , JRM , BALL , BOSTIC (FA), JAMES , BATES , HEENEY*
CB AMERSON, GILMORE (FA), KAZEE , CARRIE , MCDONALD , HAMILTON*
S - JOSEPH , PEPPERS , ALLEN , TRAWICK
ST - KING , JANO , CONDO

THOUGHTS?

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is literally no way that Gilmore will get 6 mil a year. Will get closer to 16 mil than 6.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we really want to count of Aldon and Mario to be our 2nd and 3rd best pass rushers.. I like the draft, free agency idk

B-
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
There is literally no way that Gilmore will get 6 mil a year. Will get closer to 16 mil than 6.

still learning the #'s game for contracts

point taken

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
do we really want to count of Aldon and Mario to be our 2nd and 3rd best pass rushers.. I like the draft, free agency idk

B-

bruce = 2nd best
Fairley = 3rd best

thats not counting aldon and mario

thanks for the grade

Raider X wrote:
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the mid to late portion of the draft (3-7). But I'm just not a fan of Peppers. The guy is a great athlete and was a very exciting college football player but if you really sit down and watch his defensive play (coverage and run support) I personally don't see a first round DB.

His highlight tape is fun to watch but I'm not drafting a highlight tape, im drafting a football player. He could be great but I'd rather take my pick and invest it somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock but iffy on Peppers.

Love Beckwith and Maybin, two of my favorite LB's. Just noway they fall that far. Beckwith is a 2nd Rounder. Maybin in the 5th? I've seen him in the 2nd round multiple mocks.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

still learning the #'s game for contracts

point taken

All good homie. The mock is good. I like it.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that it is somewhat outside the box thinking you did here

Reggie Nelson's roster bonus is already guaranteed, because he was up more than 65% of our D plays, so we would have to calculate with the lesser savings.

You didn't mention Perry Riley Jr. at all, what would you do with him? Let him leave I guess?

I think McGee is more like 2years for 7M, but makes no real difference...
Autry should get a lower tender IMO around 1,5M for the original tender I guess...

Mike Gillislee could be a nice find for us. He could have a bigger role then in Buffalo, but would have a similarly big, nasty OL in front of him. He could be a nice power element to The Smurfs speed. I really like this move. The interesting part for me is the salary. You suggest 4M\year right? I would like to go a bit lower here. Look at Rashad Jennings 2,5M\year deal, James Starks 3M\year deal, Bilal Powell 3,75M\year deal.

Nick Fairley showed nice potential in NO under Dennis Allen this year, I guess they will try to bring him back. They have Sheldon Rankins at 3T, so they might not be willing to give him huge money, but for this 8M you mention I would think they keep him. If he is there on the market and that is his asking price, we should consider him as you suggest here.

Jon Bostic is a pretty bad ILB, he missed all of 2016 and had played meaningfull snaps in 2014 last time. And he sucked then. I can't see his value to us and especially not at 4M\year...we should keep Perry for that money or for a bit less IMO.

Stephon Gilmore will ask for a 10+M\year deal if he hits the market. I doubt that he hits the market, Sean McDermott just experienced what happens to your D when you let your best CB walk away...They have some cap space and in my mind Gilmore is their most important FA player.

Cordarrelle Patterson not worth that money IMO. He is not a good WR, he is a good KR, but we already have solid returners IMO and 5,5M\year is way too much for a return guy in my mind.

Marcus Wheaton is again not a good WR IMO. Can't really see him pushing Seth Roberts down the depth chart and for a #4, #5 I would not pay 3,5M.

Brandon Lafell found his home IMO as the #2 behind AJ Green. I think the Bengals keep him after they let Sanu walk...Could be an interesting fit with us, since Cooper and\or Crabs could play more from the slot, which could be an interesting, dangerous option IMO. The 4M is off IMO, Travis Benjamin got 6M last year, Mike Wallace 5,75M, Rishard Matthews 5M. I'm not sure we want to give this much money to a 3rd WR tho...

Peppers hype is slowing down fast. From 6'4 top10 pick he is now a 6'1 1st round pick. I can see him falling further as guys like Budda Baker, Justin Evans shows they are better safetys overall.

Moton could be a really nice fit with us. Not sure about the 2nd round, but I guess it would be right if he can anchore the RT position or replace Gabe Jackson at RG if he leaves next year.

I don't really like Beckwith in todays NFL as a starting MLB. He is too slow to cover IMO, would be a 2down thumper in a base 3-4 IMO.

Don't know Kazee, but the position is right.

Jalen is an interesting prospect, we could pick him up, but I would preffer round 6 or 7 for a project like that.

Don't know the others...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need all those WRs? 4 new guys seems a bit much, no?

Like Rolni said, i don't know what you see with Bostic. Vet minimum is all he's going to get to come compete in a TC.

Nick Fairley is a good option.

Gilmore had a poor season from what i've heard so i don't see the point in replacing Smith with him.

I don't know about Peppers. I haven't looked at him enough to form an opinion.
Moton is a perfect pick imo.
Beckwith is an old school MLB. I think he's going to drop after the combine.
I had Kazee in my own mock so i obviously like it.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Love the mid to late portion of the draft (3-7). But I'm just not a fan of Peppers. The guy is a great athlete and was a very exciting college football player but if you really sit down and watch his defensive play (coverage and run support) I personally don't see a first round DB.

His highlight tape is fun to watch but I'm not drafting a highlight tape, im drafting a football player. He could be great but I'd rather take my pick and invest it somewhere else.

in 2015 he got to show off more coverage skill
2016 he was closer to the los
Everything ive read said he was a film junkie, hard working student of the game.

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
I like that it is somewhat outside the box thinking you did here

Reggie Nelson's roster bonus is already guaranteed, because he was up more than 65% of our D plays, so we would have to calculate with the lesser savings.

-got it still new to the #'s game thanks

You didn't mention Perry Riley Jr. at all, what would you do with him? Let him leave I guess?

-i think he will want a big pay day and reg will let him test the market and he will get paid somewhere else

I think McGee is more like 2years for 7M, but makes no real difference...
Autry should get a lower tender IMO around 1,5M for the original tender I guess...

-got it
Mike Gillislee could be a nice find for us. He could have a bigger role then in Buffalo, but would have a similarly big, nasty OL in front of him. He could be a nice power element to The Smurfs speed. I really like this move. The interesting part for me is the salary. You suggest 4M\year right? I would like to go a bit lower here. Look at Rashad Jennings 2,5M\year deal, James Starks 3M\year deal, Bilal Powell 3,75M\year deal

-i hear you im just really high on mike gill (mocked him as a rook) im willing to go as high as 4 mill.

Nick Fairley showed nice potential in NO under Dennis Allen this year, I guess they will try to bring him back. They have Sheldon Rankins at 3T, so they might not be willing to give him huge money, but for this 8M you mention I would think they keep him. If he is there on the market and that is his asking price, we should consider him as you suggest here.

-cool

Jon Bostic is a pretty bad ILB, he missed all of 2016 and had played meaningfull snaps in 2014 last time. And he sucked then. I can't see his value to us and especially not at 4M\year...we should keep Perry for that money or for a bit less IMO.

-i meant 1mill a year or league minimum he is basically a st'r and better than heeney as depth ill fix it thanks

Stephon Gilmore will ask for a 10+M\year deal if he hits the market. I doubt that he hits the market, Sean McDermott just experienced what happens to your D when you let your best CB walk away...They have some cap space and in my mind Gilmore is their most important FA player.

-if so ill keep sean smith or find another FA cb

Cordarrelle Patterson not worth that money IMO. He is not a good WR, he is a good KR, but we already have solid returners IMO and 5,5M\year is way too much for a return guy in my mind.

- i think he would greatly benefit from a change of scenery plus crabs stayed healthy last year but with holmes gone and seth not really reliable im looking to add depth to the wr core. I think richard will have an increased role and wouldnt want to waste him a kr/pr. Again 5.5 is the most id pay but ill state that next time. bare with me in the #'s department

Marcus Wheaton is again not a good WR IMO. Can't really see him pushing Seth Roberts down the depth chart and for a #4, #5 I would not pay 3,5M.

-another change of scenery type and could be a good slot guy for us

Brandon Lafell found his home IMO as the #2 behind AJ Green. I think the Bengals keep him after they let Sanu walk...Could be an interesting fit with us, since Cooper and\or Crabs could play more from the slot, which could be an interesting, dangerous option IMO. The 4M is off IMO, Travis Benjamin got 6M last year, Mike Wallace 5,75M, Rishard Matthews 5M. I'm not sure we want to give this much money to a 3rd WR tho...

-another change of scenery guy. will take over for holmes and imo will beat out seth.

Peppers hype is slowing down fast. From 6'4 top10 pick he is now a 6'1 1st round pick. I can see him falling further as guys like Budda Baker, Justin Evans shows they are better safetys overall.

-I think after combine he wont make it past Balt but im hoping he does and most mock show him available.

Moton could be a really nice fit with us. Not sure about the 2nd round, but I guess it would be right if he can anchore the RT position or replace Gabe Jackson at RG if he leaves next year.

-late 2nd is a good spot for him hear den might take him in the 2nd before us

I don't really like Beckwith in todays NFL as a starting MLB. He is too slow to cover IMO, would be a 2down thumper in a base 3-4 IMO.

- I think he isnt that much slower that foster, cunningham and mcmillan ive seen him improve in coverage over the years

Don't know Kazee, but the position is right.

Jalen is an interesting prospect, we could pick him up, but I would preffer round 6 or 7 for a project like that.

Don't know the others...

thanks for the feedback

Raider X wrote:

Last edited by NCOUGHMAN on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
drfrey13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

Mike Gillislee could be a nice find for us. He could have a bigger role then in Buffalo, but would have a similarly big, nasty OL in front of him. He could be a nice power element to The Smurfs speed. I really like this move. The interesting part for me is the salary. You suggest 4M\year right? I would like to go a bit lower here. Look at Rashad Jennings 2,5M\year deal, James Starks 3M\year deal, Bilal Powell 3,75M\year deal.

Gillislee- It comes down to how he is tedered. If he is an original round tender it will be a 5th and I would go all in on him. I think Buffalo gives him a second round tender at just over $2 million. Jennings, Starks, and Powell would all get $4 million this off-season if their situations where duplicated.

Fairley- I think you answered your own statement there with Rankins. With a talented second year 1st round pick for $3 million that 8+ million would be better used at other positions. That team has 20 free agents and their D was horrible last year. I would not spend that much on him though. If anything I cut Dan Williams and take that extra 8+ million with it and sign Brandon Williams. McGee-Williams-MEJ I like the look of that. I would not use all the money on Brandon Williams. Just what was needed.

Peppers- I think Peppers could rise or fall. His versatility alone puts him in the late first for me. If at the combine he shows that he has the athleticism to play the slot, deep safety,and S/LB hybrid then there is no way he falls out of the first. I personally think he is a great fit for what we need and would not have an issue drafting him late 1st. If we were top 15 ten I would hold off to see how he measures at the combine but we are not. The Hooker injury could also cause him to move up draft boards.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

in 2015 he got to show off more coverage skill
2016 he was closer to the los
Everything ive read said he was a film junkie, hard working student of the game.

I'll have to check out some 2015 film then thanks for that.

And that's great he's supposedly a film junkie but that doesn't mean it translates to on the field play.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gillislee would fit in well with Richard and Washington, and Fairley would bring that pass rush threat from the interior. My two favorite FA targets this year.

I like the first 3 picks. Peppers is a gamer and can help in a variety of ways. Moton in an instant upgrade from Howard. I haven't watched any tape on Beckwith but I know he's been the starting MLB on a good D in the SEC for 2+ years, so that's worth something. I don't know much about any of the others except Coley. He never lived up to lofty expectations after a promising freshman year but as a 7th rounder he's a good developmental pick.

This mock checks a lot of boxes for us:
-Secondary help- Peppers, Gilmore, Kazee
-Pass rush- Fairley
-OL- Moton
-LB- Beckwith, Bostic, Maybin
-RB- Gillislee
-RET- Patterson

I'd say a B+, maybe A-. Nice job, NCOUGH.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: