Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J-Deeres mock offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: J-Deeres mock offseason Reply with quote

Bengals resign:
CB Dre Kirkpatrick
DT Domata Peko (its gonna happen)
RB Rex Burkhead
RB Cedric Peerman
OG TJ Johnson
OT Eric Winston
LB PJ Dawson
DE Wallace Gilberry

Transition Tag:
OT Andrew Whitworth- 12.6 million

Free Agents-
Stephen Wisniewski OG
Cordarelle Patterson WR
John Sullivan C
BW Webb CB

Cut-
LB Rey Maualuga
CB Adam Jones

Draft:
1- Reuben Foster LB Alabama
2. DeMarcus Walker DE Florida St.
3. Zay Jones WR East Carolina
4. Isaac Asiata OG Utah
4. Howard Wilson CB Houston
4. Darius English DE South Carolina
5. Kareem Hunt RB Toledo
6. Johnathan Ford S Auburn
6. Zane Gonzalez K Arizona St.
6. Justin Senior OT Mississippi St.
7. Speedy Noil WR Texas A&M

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Last edited by johndeere1707 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: J-Deeres mock offseason Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
DT Domata Peko (its gonna happen)

Stopped reading here.

kidding, I like the mock.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be extremely shocked if Peko isnt brought back. Its just what the Bengals do.

Also wouldnt be suprised to see us bring back Leon Hall

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. I like the FA signings honestly and they seem realistic.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
frostbite98

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: J-Deeres mock offseason Reply with quote

I hate that we keep players like Peko and Maualuga. They're on the decline and I would have no problem with both of them moving on.

I haven't even thought about Leon coming back, but that's another move I wouldn't mind making. I was sad that he chose to go to NY for a year instead of staying with us. He has had injury issues, but other than that he was always pretty solid.

I can't even comment on the draft because so much of it depends on what plays out with the Pacman situation and how much Dre thinks he is actually worth. I'm not too hopeful for this offseason, but hopefully younger players step up next season and make the Bengals rethink their philosophy of coaching players up and waiting to give them actual experience.

I like the FA signings as well.
I think Burkhead walks, though.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maualuga is not a bad re-signing as long as he's a backup. He knows the system and at times does play well. Just not consistent at all...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalsfan pointed out to me at cincyjungle that i missed 2 draft picks, so i added them

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Maualuga is not a bad re-signing as long as he's a backup. He knows the system and at times does play well. Just not consistent at all...

I think he will come back once he gets cut and no one signs him.

theJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

He doesn't fit in today's league though. Only plays in "base" sets, not nickle. Which, base isn't even base anymore. There are games where the team is in nickle for 90% of the snaps. That's a lot of snaps for a guy to miss and be useful.

I kind of think with the amount of snaps of Rey has been playing that he's not going to be back. I think this is a case where Tobin is going to realize there are other useful guys for the 90 man roster.

Same with Peko. I can see a scenario where he's brought back in camp because of injuries, but i don't think he's a primary option. There are too many other guys at the DT position waiting to get their PT. More dynamic guys. Younger guys.

This team hasn't been playing younger guys in the past few years, but i believe that's about to change this year. With how much the vets struggled last year, and the number of draft picks the Bengals are going to have, rookies and 2nd year guys are going to play a lot this year.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

He doesn't fit in today's league though. Only plays in "base" sets, not nickle. Which, base isn't even base anymore. There are games where the team is in nickle for 90% of the snaps. That's a lot of snaps for a guy to miss and be useful.

I kind of think with the amount of snaps of Rey has been playing that he's not going to be back. I think this is a case where Tobin is going to realize there are other useful guys for the 90 man roster.

Same with Peko. I can see a scenario where he's brought back in camp because of injuries, but i don't think he's a primary option. There are too many other guys at the DT position waiting to get their PT. More dynamic guys. Younger guys.

This team hasn't been playing younger guys in the past few years, but i believe that's about to change this year. With how much the vets struggled last year, and the number of draft picks the Bengals are going to have, rookies and 2nd year guys are going to play a lot this year.

Maualuga though has had some stellar games for us the past couple of seasons. Most notably the Steelers playoff game. Which is why I'm not opposed to bringing him back as a backup. I do agree he's limited in what packages we can use him in but if Burfict were to get hurt/suspended, we would have guys like Vinny Rey, Nick Vigil, and whoever we draft. Teams will be able to run us unless we have at least one other enforcer in the run game.

I also do believe if you cut down his snaps significantly and he's healthy, Maualuga would look better when he is on the field...
KennyBania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Maualuga though has had some stellar games for us the past couple of seasons. Most notably the Steelers playoff game. Which is why I'm not opposed to bringing him back as a backup. I do agree he's limited in what packages we can use him in but if Burfict were to get hurt/suspended, we would have guys like Vinny Rey, Nick Vigil, and whoever we draft. Teams will be able to run us unless we have at least one other enforcer in the run game.

I also do believe if you cut down his snaps significantly and he's healthy, Maualuga would look better when he is on the field...

Why would Maualuga want to sign as a backup? I can't imagine he's sees much lucrative offers on the free market, and could be willing to stay with the team he knows. But the only way he's a backup is if he's told we'll bring you back to compete for a starting role, and loses out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
Why would Maualuga want to sign as a backup? I can't imagine he's sees much lucrative offers on the free market, and could be willing to stay with the team he knows. But the only way he's a backup is if he's told we'll bring you back to compete for a starting role, and loses out.

Because he's not getting a starting spot anywhere. Teams are going younger. Unless Zimmer (or maybe Hue/Gruden) sign him, there isn't going to be much of a market for him. He's one of those guys that I think can still provide some value to us (as a backup) that knows the system and can even start for a couple of games due to injuries. I would obviously love to have a bunch of stud younger LBs instead but I don't think that's realistic. I'd prefer we draft Reuben Foster to start, cut Dansby, and re-sign Rey to a cheaper deal as a backup...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:

Because he's not getting a starting spot anywhere. Teams are going younger. Unless Zimmer (or maybe Hue/Gruden) sign him, there isn't going to be much of a market for him. He's one of those guys that I think can still provide some value to us (as a backup) that knows the system and can even start for a couple of games due to injuries. I would obviously love to have a bunch of stud younger LBs instead but I don't think that's realistic. I'd prefer we draft Reuben Foster to start, cut Dansby, and re-sign Rey to a cheaper deal as a backup...

Guys, Maualuga isn't a free agent. One more year on his deal, which is why he's cut on this mock. Are we saying cut him, then re-sign him? It's not like he's taking up that much cap space. he got his money up front in year one of this deal.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they can get Whit for a team friendlier deal than tagging him.

The rest is good.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I think they can get Whit for a team friendlier deal than tagging him.

The rest is good.

I hope we can sign him ASAP so we can get to work on Zeitler and Dre.

I havent seen any reports that we have even began talking with Zeitler yet

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: