Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Cap Situation [as of Jan. 31]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if trading Sproles might not be a bad idea. Send him to the Pats for a 5th and let him try to win a super bowl in his final year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come around on trading Kelce.

Trade Kelce, Kendricks, Barwin

Cut R. Matthews, Sproles, McKelvin

Restructure Daniel and Celek

This gives us around $30 million in cap. Subtract $5-7 or so for rookie contracts. I would do the lowest tender for Jaylen Watkins and a second round tender for Trey Burton. This will cost just over $4.

This leaves us with $18-21 to play with.

I think re-signing Logan and signing a corner should be priorities one and two respectively. If we could somehow keep Logan and then sign two of the following guys I'd be so happy: Stephon Gilmore/Logan Ryan/AJ Bouye/Dre Kirkpatrick/Prince Amukamura. Even if it was the cheapest two guys it would vastly improve our secondary. We have great safeties so we don't need to spend big on lockdown guys. Then we could focus our entire draft on offensive skill guys, offensive linemen to develop, and front seven depth.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I wonder if trading Sproles might not be a bad idea. Send him to the Pats for a 5th and let him try to win a super bowl in his final year.

I think we get a late 7th if anything

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't restructure players with short deals. Daniel and Celek are only signed through 2018. You restructure them and all the $ you save in 2017 all.gets pushed to 2018 and becomes guaranteed. They'll have massive immovable numbers next year.

I hate restructuring. It's just a credit card system that'll catch up with a team eventually. If you are going to restructure anyone, it should be someone like Lane Johnson. Somebody who is really good and on a long deal where the $ you save in 2017 can be spread through multiple years.

That's why the most common player restructured is the QB. But that's how you get like the Saints with Drew Brees who held them hostage last year with a massive guaranteed salary because of constant restructuring or the Cowboys with Tony Romo who has 19 of his 24 mill cap hit for this off-season guaranteed.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

They have Sproles-lite already, I mentioned Baltimore and Miami.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:

This gives us around $30 million in cap. Subtract $5-7 or so for rookie contracts. I would do the lowest tender for Jaylen Watkins and a second round tender for Trey Burton. This will cost just over $4.

I think re-signing Logan and signing a corner should be priorities one and two respectively. If we could somehow keep Logan and then sign two of the following guys I'd be so happy: Stephon Gilmore/Logan Ryan/AJ Bouye/Dre Kirkpatrick/Prince Amukamura. Even if it was the cheapest two guys it would vastly improve our secondary. We have great safeties so we don't need to spend big on lockdown guys. Then we could focus our entire draft on offensive skill guys, offensive linemen to develop, and front seven depth.

I find it mandatory that we sign an at least solid WR in free agency. Stills, Britt, Garcon, Jackson, Floyd, Aiken, Williams, Quick.. guys of that quality, in my mind, is the worst we should do at WR in FA. A solid WR paired with an elite CB such as Gilmore, Johnson or Bouye is what I really want to happen. Or vice versa: Alshon or Pryor paired with Kirkpatrick, Prince, Ryan, Hayden, Kyle Wilson, Johnathan Banks.
jaymiz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:

I find it mandatory that we sign an at least solid WR in free agency. Stills, Britt, Garcon, Jackson, Floyd, Aiken, Williams, Quick.. guys of that quality, in my mind, is the worst we should do at WR in FA. A solid WR paired with an elite CB such as Gilmore, Johnson or Bouye is what I really want to happen. Or vice versa: Alshon or Pryor paired with Kirkpatrick, Prince, Ryan, Hayden, Kyle Wilson, Johnathan Banks.

No need to waste the money on some mid tier FA CB thats marginally better than Nolan and McKelvin if at all.

Get Carson a legit WR. Sign a back up OL with some potential, try to keep Bennie, get a depth signing at DE.

That's all we need from free agency. Build the secondary through the draft. Sick of the flopping free agent corners. We've been snake bitten since Asante left.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: