Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Combine
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: 2017 NFL Combine Reply with quote

Anyone got Combine predictions?

Mine:

1. OJ Howard runs a 4.5

2. Malik Hooker runs a 4.3

3. Deshaun Watson is 6'1

4. David Njoku runs sub 4.5

5. Kermit Whitfield & Stacy Coley run under 4.35

6. Dorian Johnson runs under a 5.0 and has highest bench reps.

Last edited by BleedTheClock on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Combine Predictions? Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
3. Deshaun Watson is 6'1
It's really time to drop this one. Ben Boulware measured in at 6 foot even. You cannot be serious when saying Deshaun Watson is only 1 inch taller than him

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
VanS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deshaun Watson will measure AT LEAST 6'2.5".

Mitch Trubisky is the guy who is only 6'1" (per Mike Mayock).
Techbert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few kids blow up the 40 and VJ, and FF explodes with all the posters who have always been on their bandwagons, just ask them.

A few receivers blow up the 3C and long jump, and no one will pay attention.

The edge defenders get put on the Waldo scale, and a few posters (likely me) act like they can ignore how they actually played.

A few kids flunk their 40, etc. and their fanbois explain how it does not matter.

Those are my Combine predictions.
Techbert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Deshaun Watson will measure AT LEAST 6'2.5".

Mitch Trubisky is the guy who is only 6'1" (per Mike Mayock).

Probably.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoree' Jackson should do quite well, is such a great athlete and should show that, be surprised to see him struggle in any of the events outside of maybe bench press.

Jabrill Peppers should do good for a DB in weight lifting, vertical and agility drills potentially but will not wow in the 40 I don't think.

Elijah Lee should do well in the 40 for a linebacker I think.

Eric Wilson might do quite well in the bench press, kid is pretty thick.

Josh Tupou might be one of the stronger guys in the draft at the bench, will see.

Malik McDowell in terms of length and height at the position is very good for a DT/DE type.

Zach Cunningham all around athletically should be impressive at ILB especially in coverage drills potentially.

Taco Charlton could impress potentially to even make people think he could play a 3/4 OLB even. Super impressive physically and should show that.

Jordan Leggett should impressive with his 40 time. OJ Howard should show just how much of a beast physically he is and David Njoku in terms of his speed and vert should really impress.

Ryan Anderson I expect will show a nice combo of speed and strength.

Forrest Lamp potentially should do very well in the bench and show off his power. Because in terms of getting a solid aggressive push he is as good as any in this draft.

Not sure Derrick Griffin will get an invite, but if so will be very impressive with his run and jump ability, great athlete and potential.

Bucky Hodges might have a good enough 40 for some to thick of him as a WR, will see, might have that potential and regardless is extremely fast for someone that tall and heavy.

I would be pretty shocked to see Malik Hooker run a 4.3, more like mid 4.4 if not higher.

I agree Kermit Whitfield could have a great 40 time for sure, Jesus Wilson could surprise some people physically as well with his quickness and open field speed. Too bad he got hurt this year he was having a good season.

Freddie Stevenson will see if he is as strong as he looks.

Joe Williams should impress in the 40 at RB, will see.

Dalvin Cook should blaz in the 40, low 4.4 if not maybe somewhere in the 4.3 range.

Leonard Fournette might underwhelm, will see, be surprised to see him do well in the 40 like say Zek Elliott, and might not even run better than Derrick Henry did. Honestly I would be surprised if he even runs just because of that. Even though he needs to put the injury stuff behind him and show he is solid athletically. Not sure how solid he is though.
Abe56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myles Garrett under 4.6

Leonard Fournette sub 4.47

John Ross 4.33
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
Jabrill Peppers should do good for a DB in weight lifting, vertical and agility drills potentially but will not wow in the 40 I don't think.
Depends on what you mean by "wow". He ran a 10.52 in the 100m in high school and has similarly shown a high level of speed on the field. He won't be running a 4.3 or anything, but he should be one of the fastest safeties at the combine.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techbert wrote:
A few kids blow up the 40 and VJ, and FF explodes with all the posters who have always been on their bandwagons, just ask them.

A few receivers blow up the 3C and long jump, and no one will pay attention.

The edge defenders get put on the Waldo scale, and a few posters (likely me) act like they can ignore how they actually played.

A few kids flunk their 40, etc. and their fanbois explain how it does not matter.

Those are my Combine predictions.

Laughing nailed it

I'm keeping an eye on those 3 cones though

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should really just turn the title of this to a 2017 NFL Combine Thread.

Who have we all heard have got the invites so far other than the obvious? I know the 1st batch got sent out Jan 4, and now again today.

Just saw Devanté “Speedy” Noil post on twitter he was invited.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:

Leonard Fournette sub 4.47
I would be shocked if he runs that fast. In no way did he have the same open field speed Elliott had coming out of Ohio State. I doubt he even runs at the combine, hopefully he does though.

Has a lot to prove I think. Ever since that Ole Miss game where he did well but that defense was terrible all season. Then got beat up by Alabama, did ok against Arkansas then not much against Florida then did not play the last two games at all of course. Has to show he is good to go physically.

Quote:
IDOG_det
Depends on what you mean by "wow". He ran a 10.52 in the 100m in high school and has similarly shown a high level of speed on the field. He won't be running a 4.3 or anything, but he should be one of the fastest safeties at the combine.
Overall athletically he is fine, just top end speed I question a little. Was always good in the slot as a corner, quick enough but once his back is turned things change. Did use his toughness as a slot guy and corner, and at linebacker had moments. I just worry about him in deep coverage based on him not being asked to do it for a reason I assume. Hopefully he can show that ability, because right now no way is he better than Jamal Adams, Budda Baker and Hooker at safety I feel.

Could say ideally he is a Landon Collins guy but Collins I thought had a more solid fit in the NFL because of his toughness and ability to tackle in space, also was proven at the safety position in college in the box and in coverage. Peppers in the position he was this year was hard to evaluate because doubt he is a hybrid linebacker in the NFL, or at least I think he has more potential at safety. Will see what happens, Collins has exceeded expectations though for sure, is playing great football. Hopefully Peppers can be a guy like that but not sure quite yet.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Overall athletically he is fine, just top end speed I question a little. Was always good in the slot as a corner, quick enough but once his back is turned things change. Did use his toughness as a slot guy and corner, and at linebacker had moments. I just worry about him in deep coverage based on him not being asked to do it for a reason I assume. Hopefully he can show that ability, because right now no way is he better than Jamal Adams, Budda Baker and Hooker at safety I feel.

Could say ideally he is a Landon Collins guy but Collins I thought had a more solid fit in the NFL because of his toughness and ability to tackle in space, also was proven at the safety position in college in the box and in coverage. Peppers in the position he was this year was hard to evaluate because doubt he is a hybrid linebacker in the NFL, or at least I think he has more potential at safety. Will see what happens, Collins has exceeded expectations though for sure, is playing great football. Hopefully Peppers can be a guy like that but not sure quite yet.
I get you. I think at the combine he will test more than fine with his speed. Early in the season when he was bulking up to play closer to the line of scrimmage, he was getting close to weighing 220. He couldn't hold that weight through the season (which is normal) and ended the season around 205-ish. I think he knows his best fit in the NFL will be at safety so he will probably show up to the combine around 205. If he's at that weight then he should run in the 4.4's or 4.5's. I will say that, on the field, he is faster with the ball in his hand than he is without it.

Peppers was used in deep coverage a few times throughout the season, though it definitely wasn't common. The big reason why he played LB this year was out of need. Michigan only had Ben Gedeon as a returning starter at LB, and even then he wasn't that good last year. Mike McCray was the other projected starter, but he was essentially a complete unknown due to his injuries. Michigan also brought in Devin Bush Jr., though he was only a true freshman and he would not have been ready to be a starter this past year. With Michigan having Delano Hill and Dymonte Thomas at safety and Jourdan Lewis, Jeremy Clark, and Channing Stribling at corner, it only made sense to move Peppers from safety to a "money backer" type of position. Hill and Thomas have a decent chance to be drafted and at worst will be signed as priority undrafted free agents. Lewis and Stribling will be drafted and Clark might also be drafted late if he looks good in his recovery (he started over Stribling to start the year before tearing his ACL). When you compare that to the linebacker position, it would have made no sense to start a true freshman instead of a senior.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Ozzy wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I get you. I think at the combine he will test more than fine with his speed. Early in the season when he was bulking up to play closer to the line of scrimmage, he was getting close to weighing 220. He couldn't hold that weight through the season (which is normal) and ended the season around 205-ish. I think he knows his best fit in the NFL will be at safety so he will probably show up to the combine around 205. If he's at that weight then he should run in the 4.4's or 4.5's. I will say that, on the field, he is faster with the ball in his hand than he is without it.

Peppers was used in deep coverage a few times throughout the season, though it definitely wasn't common. The big reason why he played LB this year was out of need. Michigan only had Ben Gedeon as a returning starter at LB, and even then he wasn't that good last year. Mike McCray was the other projected starter, but he was essentially a complete unknown due to his injuries. Michigan also brought in Devin Bush Jr., though he was only a true freshman and he would not have been ready to be a starter this past year. With Michigan having Delano Hill and Dymonte Thomas at safety and Jourdan Lewis, Jeremy Clark, and Channing Stribling at corner, it only made sense to move Peppers from safety to a "money backer" type of position. Hill and Thomas have a decent chance to be drafted and at worst will be signed as priority undrafted free agents. Lewis and Stribling will be drafted and Clark might also be drafted late if he looks good in his recovery (he started over Stribling to start the year before tearing his ACL). When you compare that to the linebacker position, it would have made no sense to start a true freshman instead of a senior.

Also because he's the kind of player Brown likes at the SAM and Viper positions, and no one else was really a fit for what he likes to do there.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
G08

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Combine Predictions? Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
3. Deshaun Watson is 6'1
It's really time to drop this one. Ben Boulware measured in at 6 foot even. You cannot be serious when saying Deshaun Watson is only 1 inch taller than him

Yeah, I've been saying this for a while now... I'll be surprised if he's not at least 6'2", probably closer to 6'3".

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett is going to put on an absolute show.

4.52 40.
39" vertical.
11 foot broad.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 1 of 101

Jump to: