You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CHOMP_CHOMP Build a City Draft 3.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: CHOMP_CHOMP Build a City Draft 3.0 Reply with quote

OK, so its that time of the year again folks!!

Current GM List:

1. Chomp & AMAC - SAN ANTONIO, TX
2. DAB & RDC - ATLANTA, GA
3. Johnny & Migs - ATLANTIC CITY, NJ
4. DJW - MONTREAL, CA
5. Nick - BUFFALO, NY
6. SAX & Crabs - CONCORD, NH
7. Ravens & Hawk64 - BALTIMORE, MD
8. Pyro - MIAMI, FL
9. Tom - TORONTO, CA
10. Dalcowboyz & Devin_Kurant - DALLAS, TX

RULES

Roster Sizes

34 for NFL - 14 on Off; 15 on Def + K, P, HC, DC, and OC

23 for MLB - 8 Position, 1 DH, 5 Bench; 8 Pitchers (5/2/1) and MGR

18 for NHL - 9 Off (3 Lines), 6 Def (3 Lines), 2 GK, HC

13 for NBA - 12 Players (standard roster) + HC

16 for FIFA - 10 Field Players, 1 GK, 4 Bench + MGR

----------------------------------------------------

Draft Formats
NFL draft:

Franchise Cornerstones: 10 Rounds; Must pick 2 players from each sport
10 Rounds

NFL: 2 Cornerstones; 16 Rounds of 1 Player; 8 Rounds of 2 Players
24 Rounds + Cornerstones = 34 (2+16+16)

MLB: 2 Cornerstones; 21 Rounds of 1 Player
14 Rounds + Cornerstones = 21 (2+21)

NHL: 2 Cornerstones; 16 Rounds of 1 Player
11 Rounds + Cornerstones = 16 (2+16)

NBA: 2 Cornerstones; 11 Rounds of 1 Player
11 Rounds + Cornerstones = 13 (2+11)

FIFA: 2 Cornerstones; 14 Rounds of 1 Player
14 Rounds + Cornerstones = 16 (2+14)

Timeslots - For the cornerstones:
4 hour timeslots (8-12, 12-4, 4-8, 8-12)

Timeslots - For the individual drafts:
We will start with 1 hour time slots. If we have too many missed picks, it will be adjusted.

----------------------------------------------------

Other Stuff
Trades - Trades are allowed. However, they must be completely even. I.e. 2 pick for 2 picks. You can also only trade within the same sport. You CANNOT trade an NHL pick for an NFL pick.

Injuries - For now. I am going to go with no one is hurt. And just assume everyone is healthy. However, this is up for discussion.

Draft Order - all draft orders will be completely randomized, and will be snake format. A change from last year, NBA will be snake and not ABBA format.

Voting/Winners - we are going to vote at the end of all drafts, and we are going to find outside posters to join in I the vote as well.

Win Now vs Potential - this is starting a franchise, so everything should be considered; age, marketability, team fit, team cancers. You should consider winning now and winning in the future!! Keep that in mind, because it will be a big part if the judging.[/quote]

Last edited by CHOMP_CHOMP on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:50 am; edited 8 times in total
JohnnyV22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool....we be ready (or will be)

just so I understand this in my own brain correctly....would it be fair/accurate to say that our goal is to build teams that give us the best chance to win the most games/titles possible in the next "X" amount of years? Say, 10 years or so? While doing so, having an organization that is making $$? As a follow up to the 2nd question I'm just going to assume that geography is not to be considered here i.e. there is not an inherent profits advantage to having a team located in NYC vs a city like Milwaukee, like there would be in real life.
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still in this, was wondering about it today, should be fun

Courtesy of an online joke search.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez these Co-GM'd teams are stacked as hell Laughing looking forward to this.

CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV22 wrote:
cool....we be ready (or will be)

just so I understand this in my own brain correctly....would it be fair/accurate to say that our goal is to build teams that give us the best chance to win the most games/titles possible in the next "X" amount of years? Say, 10 years or so? While doing so, having an organization that is making $$? As a follow up to the 2nd question I'm just going to assume that geography is not to be considered here i.e. there is not an inherent profits advantage to having a team located in NYC vs a city like Milwaukee, like there would be in real life.

To this 1st point, yes. Winning now vs. winning over the next 10 years is a pivotal balance in this draft.

Second point, no NYC will not be weighted higher than Milwaukee. However, things like having a player in his hometown team, where he will be more marketable or having a latin born player in a city like Miami or something like that will be weighted. At least in my voting it will be.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

To this 1st point, yes. Winning now vs. winning over the next 10 years is a pivotal balance in this draft.

Second point, no NYC will not be weighted higher than Milwaukee. However, things like having a player in his hometown team, where he will be more marketable or having a latin born player in a city like Miami or something like that will be weighted. At least in my voting it will be.

ok thanks...we'll come up with a city that will benefit from all the Kazakhstani studs we have targeted
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should work out some more defined voting blocks.

Perhaps a

Win Now section

Win Future section

and maybe a Media/Merchandise section that is separately voted on but doesn't really count.

I dunno something a bit more defined.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV22 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

ok thanks...we'll come up with a city that will benefit from all the Kazakhstani studs we have targeted

So picking Buffalo is going to be counted against me for certain sports basically? Buffalo geographically/market wise would be a significant bump in hockey, not in any of the other sports though. Not sure I like that.

Might have to consider choosing a city like Las Vegas now...

JohnnyV22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaykwonDaChef wrote:
I think we should work out some more defined voting blocks.

Perhaps a

Win Now section

Win Future section

and maybe a Media/Merchandise section that is separately voted on but doesn't really count.

I dunno something a bit more defined.

I agree on the definition part, something more tangible would be nice...however I think breaking out winning now vs winning later will potentially muddy the waters. Ultimately, shouldn't the goal to simply win as much as possible over the next "X" amount of years? Otherwise, its like having two separate drafts. I realize that strategies will differ, and some people will focus more on the present, some more on the future, and some a blend of both, but can't we just look at the whole scope and say "ok, which team is set up to win the most in the next 10 years"? To me, when the winning is done is almost irrelevant as long as it occurs in the overall defined period of time. For instance, if you look back now at the last decade for any given sport and say, ok, which team was most successful? You probably add up all the wins/losses and titles for that decade, and not care so much for when the titles were won. That make sense?
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I agree, it should be whoever sets themselves up for the next decade now and later imo.

But thats just me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could possibly co-GM with someone

jonnguy2015's 2016 GM Mock Draft 1.0-
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=583296
JohnnyV22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
JohnnyV22 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

So picking Buffalo is going to be counted against me for certain sports basically? Buffalo geographically/market wise would be a significant bump in hockey, not in any of the other sports though. Not sure I like that.

Might have to consider choosing a city like Las Vegas now...

what I took from it was that the city shouldn't play in too much to the overall voting, although on the flip side if we are getting consideration for having hometown players, then cities like NY and Chicago have advantages (or Miami with the Latin thing), whereas a city like Buffalo that only has 2 major sports (or certainly Las Vegas with none) is at a disadvantage. I'm going to go on record and say I'm not really going to weigh that in to my vote....my will be mostly based on how well I think you'd do over the era and do you generally have players that would be good for any organization vs ones that could be a detriment

Last edited by JohnnyV22 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we please hold off on using time slots until we hit a decent lull? This group was very active last draft, and we really didn't need time slots in the long run. I also think 1 hour is a pretty damn short time period to start them off at.

I understand we can send big boards and all, but (at least for me) plans can change pretty quickly when I get to see who comes off the board directly before my pick.

JohnnyV22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's ready to make a trade?
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV22 wrote:
who's ready to make a trade?
\

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 1 of 107

Jump to: