Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason thread 2: Shanny and Lynch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 3898
Location: Northern California
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw something about lynch coming in to this season anticipating a switch to a DLineman this season so maybe the weight gain isn't necessarily an out of shape red flag. He wouldn't be an effective dlineman at 260, if he's at like 280 then that's fine if he's never in coverage
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19319
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I saw something about lynch coming in to this season anticipating a switch to a DLineman this season so maybe the weight gain isn't necessarily an out of shape red flag. He wouldn't be an effective dlineman at 260, if he's at like 280 then that's fine if he's never in coverage


I thought that we were trying him out at SAM
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 3898
Location: Northern California
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
I saw something about lynch coming in to this season anticipating a switch to a DLineman this season so maybe the weight gain isn't necessarily an out of shape red flag. He wouldn't be an effective dlineman at 260, if he's at like 280 then that's fine if he's never in coverage


I thought that we were trying him out at SAM

This article is from April 12th. Before the overweight reports.

Quote:
Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee reports. "Aaron, he's on the defensive line," said Saleh. "We're going to try to keep his hand in the ground at all times."

[url]
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/49ers-aaron-lynch-expected-to-play-defensive-line-full-time/[/url]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fureys49ers


Joined: 31 Mar 2015
Posts: 954
Location: Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
I saw something about lynch coming in to this season anticipating a switch to a DLineman this season so maybe the weight gain isn't necessarily an out of shape red flag. He wouldn't be an effective dlineman at 260, if he's at like 280 then that's fine if he's never in coverage


I thought that we were trying him out at SAM

This article is from April 12th. Before the overweight reports.

Quote:
Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee reports. "Aaron, he's on the defensive line," said Saleh. "We're going to try to keep his hand in the ground at all times."

[url]
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/49ers-aaron-lynch-expected-to-play-defensive-line-full-time/[/url]


Maybe if he's playing strong side DE or the 3 Tech I wouldn't see why he'd need to be at 280. In fact for both the LEO and SAM spot I'd think that 260 was more than fine and about where we'd want him as his pass rush ability and quickness around the edge and/or agility and ability to play in space as a SAM would likely be benefited from playing at a lighter weight.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geek


Joined: 06 Sep 2014
Posts: 1598
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a picture of Lynch.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8479947/IMG_2210.JPG

Dude is not 20 pounds overweight. Cohn was [inappropriate/removed] us per usual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49erurtaza


Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 1220
Location: in my head
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
a picture of Lynch.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8479947/IMG_2210.JPG

Dude is not 20 pounds overweight. Cohn was [inappropriate/removed] us per usual.


Here he is quick on his feet from last month https://www.instagram.com/p/BTX1ZPNgiLW/

The other guy is Buckner. This could be slow part of the offseason where they throw something and hope it sticks
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StevenK


Joined: 15 Jan 2017
Posts: 185
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we cut:
KD Cannon
DuJuan Harris
Bret Treadway

And we picked up:
Chanceller James (s)
BJ Johnson III (wr)
Richard Levy (oline)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fureys49ers


Joined: 31 Mar 2015
Posts: 954
Location: Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niners just released Dujuan Harris, I guess Williams and Breida really showed out at rookie camp.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 3898
Location: Northern California
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenK wrote:
So, we cut:
KD Cannon
DuJuan Harris
Bret Treadway

And we picked up:
Chanceller James (s)
BJ Johnson III (wr)
Richard Levy (oline)

Solid I'm glad there were a few local pro day/treeout guys we're bringing in.

Chanceller James is intriguing at 6'2 210. Between him Colbert and Lorenzo James I think the safety competition is going to be one to watch with Reid an impending free agent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PapaShogun


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 1492
Location: Macau
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New team rules via Shanahan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTeDSt4lXeT/
_________________

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45184
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/11/nfl-john-lynch-san-francisco-49ers-draft-solomon-thomas-reuben-foster-bears-trade

Another Lynch article and looks like we got a bit lucky teams declined our trades. They were trying to move up to the Ravens, Redskins and Giants spots for our 2nd, 3rd and 4th. All it ended up being was our 4th, and we ended up getting a 2018 2nd from a later trade because of it.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 3898
Location: Northern California
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ringer's Mike Lombardi reports the 49ers have "made it known" ILB Navorro Bowman is available for trade.

Lombardi seems to have a bit of a vendetta against the 49ers with all this garbage he keeps dropping. We must have fired his son from his offensive quality control position.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 13943
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/11/nfl-john-lynch-san-francisco-49ers-draft-solomon-thomas-reuben-foster-bears-trade

Another Lynch article and looks like we got a bit lucky teams declined our trades. They were trying to move up to the Ravens, Redskins and Giants spots for our 2nd, 3rd and 4th. All it ended up being was our 4th, and we ended up getting a 2018 2nd from a later trade because of it.


This draft really fell into place all-around. Smile
_________________


Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 13943
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:
The Ringer's Mike Lombardi reports the 49ers have "made it known" ILB Navorro Bowman is available for trade.

Lombardi seems to have a bit of a vendetta against the 49ers with all this garbage he keeps dropping. We must have fired his son from his offensive quality control position.


Something about this feels true, to be honest. We signed Malcolm Smith to that big contract, and just made a trade up into the first round for Reuben Foster. Neither of them are SAM LBs, and I don't think Bowman would be one either. So, while I would not approve, I don't see this as being far-fetched.
_________________


Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 3898
Location: Northern California
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:
The Ringer's Mike Lombardi reports the 49ers have "made it known" ILB Navorro Bowman is available for trade.

Lombardi seems to have a bit of a vendetta against the 49ers with all this garbage he keeps dropping. We must have fired his son from his offensive quality control position.


Something about this feels true, to be honest. We signed Malcolm Smith to that big contract, and just made a trade up into the first round for Reuben Foster. Neither of them are SAM LBs, and I don't think Bowman would be one either. So, while I would not approve, I don't see this as being far-fetched.

Lombardi recently has turned into a throw crap at a wall kind of guy lately.

I think Foster/Bowman could fit in a Sam role in similar to how Shaq Thompson is in Carolina with Davis at Will and Luke at Mike.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 55 of 73

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group