Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason thread 2: Shanny and Lynch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Barkley and Hoyer are going to wear numbers 2 and 7? Out of all the possible numbers, they are going to use the two numbers we used last year with Gabbert and Kaep Laughing

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
So Barkley and Hoyer are going to wear numbers 2 and 7? Out of all the possible numbers, they are going to use the two numbers we used last year with Gabbert and Kaep Laughing

They're trying to rehabilitate the numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

You don't change a winning formula. Oh, wait...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pro Football Focus @PFF
In his second professional season, Arik Armstead posted the best pass-rush productivity among 3-4 DEs.

(min. 130 pass rushes in 2016)

Obviously he was a liability in the run game, but one big reason for that was his messed up shoulder. This guy has proven in a year in a half to be able to put pressure on passing downs. Now, some want to trade him because of the new scheme, but lets let it play out before thinking about that.

El ramster on the sig
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, J. I have actually been thrilled with our last 2 1st round picks. Initially, I did not want Armstead at all. Last year though, I was on board for Buckner and cheered when we took him. My enthusiasm for these two are the main reason I am a bit concerned about the switch in Defense this season. I realize there are some similarities between the 4-3 under and 3-4, but I just do not deal well with change sometimes. Embarassed Don't want either of these two players to washout or get traded due to the change. Sad
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think people actually want to just trade AA but he is a player that does have more value to a 3-4 team so we might be able to get more out of whatever we get in return than we would ever with him.

Just saw this today, I gotta say it's nice to have a solid NFL receiver again.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ReceiverWorld/status/854721523663466496/photo/1

Last edited by 48 1/2ers on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I'd trade Armstead is if we want to pick someone like Thomas and feel Thomas will be a better player. Some see a potential to keep all three of our consecutive first round DLs, but I don't see how that happens without one of the three getting less playing time, or be placed in a less favorable position to succeed. If we can get pretty good value for Armstead and feel Thomas is a greater player, then sure. If Thomas is only about equal, or if we want to try to fit a square peg in a round hole by playing one out of position, I say no thanks. Or maybe we think Thomas can drop 10lbs and find an extra gear, some of the closing speed he was missing in order to become a perennial 12+ sack guy, and play the Leo, instead of being our Michael Bennett clone. I don't know. What I know is that I don't think we would get the value in a trade that would make me salivate. That's why I suggested, a couple of months back, whether it was even possible to entertain the thought of trading Buckner instead. I'm sure we could get a lot more for him than Armstead, perhaps even value close or greater than his actual draft position last year (a young break out star with still 4 years left on his rookie contract). Then hope Armstead stays healthy and continues his progression, and then we probably end up with two first rounders this year to make the team better. Again, I wasn't advocating we do that, I love Buckner. I was just thinking that was the best way to get actual value. Trading Armstead wouldn't.

PapaShogun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updated information on Eric Rogers? Still want to see what he can do.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I don't think people actually want to just trade AA but he is a player that does have more value to a 3-4 team so we might be able to get more out of whatever we get in return than we would ever with him.

Just saw this today, I gotta say it's nice to have a solid NFL receiver again.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ReceiverWorld/status/854721523663466496/photo/1

My over under on his targets for the year is 150. I think we are going to be throwing the ball his way a toooooooooooon

Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
The only reason I'd trade Armstead is if we want to pick someone like Thomas and feel Thomas will be a better player. Some see a potential to keep all three of our consecutive first round DLs, but I don't see how that happens without one of the three getting less playing time, or be placed in a less favorable position to succeed. If we can get pretty good value for Armstead and feel Thomas is a greater player, then sure. If Thomas is only about equal, or if we want to try to fit a square peg in a round hole by playing one out of position, I say no thanks. Or maybe we think Thomas can drop 10lbs and find an extra gear, some of the closing speed he was missing in order to become a perennial 12+ sack guy, and play the Leo, instead of being our Michael Bennett clone. I don't know. What I know is that I don't think we would get the value in a trade that would make me salivate. That's why I suggested, a couple of months back, whether it was even possible to entertain the thought of trading Buckner instead. I'm sure we could get a lot more for him than Armstead, perhaps even value close or greater than his actual draft position last year (a young break out star with still 4 years left on his rookie contract). Then hope Armstead stays healthy and continues his progression, and then we probably end up with two first rounders this year to make the team better. Again, I wasn't advocating we do that, I love Buckner. I was just thinking that was the best way to get actual value. Trading Armstead wouldn't.

I'm actually a really big fan of lining up a DL that looked like Thomas - Armstead - Mitchell - Buckner and whoever ends up winning the SAM LB role. However with Salehs comments, the versatility both Armstead and Buckner give our DL and the fact the fit for Thomas is still a little projection even for how much I like him as a prospect. As this process has advanced though I'm thinking we get our trade down or we take one of Adams, Hooker or Lattimore. To go completely offense in this draft though I'd be pretty excited about McCaffrey, Engram duo in a Shanahan offense.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schedule released. It doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be. A lot better than last year, and especially Tomsula's year. We're playing the AFC South so that is probably a big reason why I feel the way I do. Plus the Rams are terrible, Arizona could be mediocre again also. Not really concerned about the NFC East. That being said, I still think we go 5-11 or 6-10 at best. Interesting the 49ers drew four road games in a five week period including three straight. Squad gonna be takin it's lumps early.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Running back Glen Coffee retired while with the 49ers, but it looks like that’s over. Ben Volin of the Boston Globe recently reported:

“Here’s an interesting one: 2009 third-round RB Glen Coffee was reinstated from retirement and waived by the 49ers.”

Think it was just because he wasn't a scheme fit? Laughing

rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Quote:
Running back Glen Coffee retired while with the 49ers, but it looks like that’s over. Ben Volin of the Boston Globe recently reported:

“Here’s an interesting one: 2009 third-round RB Glen Coffee was reinstated from retirement and waived by the 49ers.”

He can't be worse than Thomas Clayton. Wait, Clayton is still on the team, isn't he?

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Quote:

Here's a question that even I'm not sure of the answer:

Does this count against our cap?

It would be small and unnoticeable, but pretty funny/lousy if it did.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Forge wrote:
Quote:

Here's a question that even I'm not sure of the answer:

Does this count against our cap?

It would be small and unnoticeable, but pretty funny/lousy if it did.

He retired in 2010 and we had dead money from his rookie deal in 2011. I guess that's all there was, and we were already "penalized" for it once. I don't see how he can possibly still have any impact on our cap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 46 of 49

Jump to: