You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason thread 2: Shanny and Lynch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutchson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it has to do with offset language. Bosa held out into the pre-season for that exact reason. There are only, what, three players unsigned from the first round. Fournette signed a four year FULLY guaranteed contract with no offset language from what I understand. He might be looking at that thinking I was picked ahead of him.

It's a matter of making sure you sign the best contract for the longest time, and yes it is a set four year with a fifth option, but offset language allows teams to release players without paying any guarantees if they are picked up by another team for at least the guaranteed salary.

Just my guess. I'm pretty surprised he's not signed after the Stanford Grad hold up. But hey, Bosa nabbed the Rookie DPOY, so we have that to look forward to in Thomas if he holds out.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchson wrote:
I'm guessing it has to do with offset language. Bosa held out into the pre-season for that exact reason. There are only, what, three players unsigned from the first round. Fournette signed a four year FULLY guaranteed contract with no offset language from what I understand. He might be looking at that thinking I was picked ahead of him.

It's a matter of making sure you sign the best contract for the longest time, and yes it is a set four year with a fifth option, but offset language allows teams to release players without paying any guarantees if they are picked up by another team for at least the guaranteed salary.

Just my guess. I'm pretty surprised he's not signed after the Stanford Grad hold up. But hey, Bosa nabbed the Rookie DPOY, so we have that to look forward to in Thomas if he holds out.

yep its Thomas, Corey Davis and gareon conley that are unsigned. I know Thomas and Davis have the same agent. Not sure about conley.
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Thomas officially a "holdout" since camp started yesterday? Or did he report while they continue to try to hammer out a deal?
Dutchson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in time for the first practice...

Welcome aboard Thomas!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822935/article/solomon-thomas-signs-rookie-contract-with-49ers
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

If you haven't yet, make sure you sign up for the beta testing:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148

I'm sure you see the note at the top about transitioning to the new forums. The beta testing will let you get in a bit earlier. Some of our regulars are chatting over there, so if it looks a bit empty - don't be nervous. We're around. Just playing with the new toys Smile.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Ward's hammy, now Reid's ankle. Safety depth will be put to the test early this camp. Tartt has a opportunity to legitimize himself as the future and maybe make Reid expandable at the end of the year. Now or never for him...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79
Page 79 of 79

Jump to: