Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason thread 2: Shanny and Lynch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 76, 77, 78  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 3981
Location: Northern California
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiocco saying this is the first players only camp since 2011-Camp Alex. I forgot the 2011 lockout put other team activities on the back burner.

I dont expect anything crazy to result from this but its good to know we have some guys that are willing to put in that extra work. Same goes for the defensive players doing their thing in Hawaii.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Maiocco saying this is the first players only camp since 2011-Camp Alex. I forgot the 2011 lockout put other team activities on the back burner.

I dont expect anything crazy to result from this but its good to know we have some guys that are willing to put in that extra work. Same goes for the defensive players doing their thing in Hawaii.


The most amusing part of Camp Alex is that Alex was actually a free agent at the time and not under contract with the 49ers Laughing

As for the rest of it...I think a chunk of players do this around the league. I feel like this is far more the norm than it is atypical, especially since the bargaining agreement that limited practices and the like.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45435
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sure Gabbert didn't have something similar last year?
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PapaShogun


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 1564
Location: Macau
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
We sure Gabbert didn't have something similar last year?
Just forget about Gabbert. Very Happy
_________________

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 17054
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
We sure Gabbert didn't have something similar last year?



Kap had his own camp... with Ricardo Lockette, Quinton Patton and an ex-girlfriend who then went to the police. The good old days.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fureys49ers


Joined: 31 Mar 2015
Posts: 962
Location: Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
We sure Gabbert didn't have something similar last year?



Kap had his own camp... with Ricardo Lockette, Quinton Patton and an ex-girlfriend who then went to the police. The good old days.


Hahaha
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45435
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
We sure Gabbert didn't have something similar last year?
Just forget about Gabbert. Very Happy


Never!!!!! Laughing

Anyways,

Quote:
In fact, Smith said Saturday that about "six or seven" players got together at San Jose State recently to get some timing down before the start of camp.


http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/122988/blaine-gabbert-gets-pre-camp-work-with-49ers-receivers

I knew there was something similar Gabbert did before training camp last year.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 17054
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
We sure Gabbert didn't have something similar last year?
Just forget about Gabbert. Very Happy


Never!!!!! Laughing

Anyways,

Quote:
In fact, Smith said Saturday that about "six or seven" players got together at San Jose State recently to get some timing down before the start of camp.


http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/122988/blaine-gabbert-gets-pre-camp-work-with-49ers-receivers

I knew there was something similar Gabbert did before training camp last year.



I think it's fairly common. Peyton Manning organized some off-the-book practices when he was a rookie. I'm sure plenty more of those things happen without drawing too much attention. The difference with this one, it's that 14 attendees is a big number. It can only be good for the team. All four QBs were there, so that's interesting. It's not like Peyton Manning inviting Marvin Harrison to work out, so HE could get the timing down. Here, each one of the QBs could get some work in. I guess it shows Hoyer isn't afraid of competition.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45435
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say it is uncommon, I'm responding to Maiocco saying it will be the first time this is happening since Camp Alex. I mean Gabbert and the WRs pretty much did the same thing last year.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 3981
Location: Northern California
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/885888420463169537

Rashard Robinson with the 2nd lowest completion rate per coverage snap among rookie CBs last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45435
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/885888420463169537

Rashard Robinson with the 2nd lowest completion rate per coverage snap among rookie CBs last year.


And he only allowed a 50% completion rate. He is the goods. Late in the season he started allowing some big receptions but that is normal for a rookie. Nothing will matter unless he stops having these little nagging injuries week in and week out though.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45435
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/886922451594207232


Quote:
Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero Retweeted Pro Football Focus
Hyde has been a pleasant surprise so far with the new staff in SF. Got in shape, got his head right and improved as the offseason went on.


Pleasant surprise? What the heck? And as for getting in shape, wasn't there word that he was barely able to run like a few months ago after his late season injury he suffered? Unless the team was reading Grant Cohn articles, I don't know what they would be surprised about.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geek


Joined: 06 Sep 2014
Posts: 1616
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/886922451594207232


Quote:
Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero Retweeted Pro Football Focus
Hyde has been a pleasant surprise so far with the new staff in SF. Got in shape, got his head right and improved as the offseason went on.


Pleasant surprise? What the heck? And as for getting in shape, wasn't there word that he was barely able to run like a few months ago after his late season injury he suffered? Unless the team was reading Grant Cohn articles, I don't know what they would be surprised about.


Considering the last couple of coaching staffs, I'm not surprised players are weary of new coaches. It's like PTSD but for coaching staffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geek


Joined: 06 Sep 2014
Posts: 1616
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you've all already heard the news, but for posterity sake:


@AdamSchefter wrote:


Kirk Cousins is not expected to sign a long-term deal by Monday’s deadline, but is open to doing deal with team after season, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/886642703739629568
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45435
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the Redskins tag and then trade Cousins? If so, would the team trading for him be on hook for the huge franchise tag number or they could negotiate a long term deal? If not, the Redskins are going to lose him for pretty much nothing?
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 77 of 78

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group