You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

9ers hire TV Personality & Former NFL S John Lynch as GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
This is so crazy it could actually work. I think Lynch is just a "face" and Shanny will make personnel decisions.

Giving a rookie HC with known personality issues full control? We saw how that worked out in Denver 8 years ago....
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
El ramster wrote:

So many people here crucifying this hire like it hasn't been done in the past.
True. Matt Millen was great in Detroit.

I simply here think the Risk is worth the reward..
No matter what SF was going to be bad for the next 2-4 years..

Might as well try something this mad..

So instead of being bad for the next 2-4 years, now we'll be bad for the next 2-4 years AND have to find a new GM that doesn't suck to build the team in 2-4 years. Looking forward to it

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
This is so crazy it could actually work. I think Lynch is just a "face" and Shanny will make personnel decisions.

Giving a rookie HC with known personality issues full control? We saw how that worked out in Denver 8 years ago....

I do think that there is a difference though. The Broncos actually had pieces in place, we don't. We basically have a handful of okay players, some younger guys with some upside, but in terms of actual players, we don't have a Jay Cutler or Brandon Marshall.

We have one legit potential stud in Buckner. That's pretty much it. Staley and Bowman are great (when healthy in the latter's case), but they are also both older. If he ended up trading Staley for a second or something, I'd hate it, but at the same time, completely understand - at 32 years old, he's not part of a long term rebuild more than likely. We have no quarterback. Hyde is a very talented runner, but he's in the final year of his deal and has a long history of dealing with injuries. You're going to need someone to pair with him anyway. We have the worst receivers in the league and the worst tight ends to boot (at least from a receiving perspective).

On defense, we have Buckner (stud) and Armstead (he's flashed at times, and there's a lot of potential, but hasn't put anything together consistently). Linebackers? Well, we have Lynch, who is an okay pass rusher, but definitely not a number one type. Brooks showed he still has something left in the tank, but at his age, he's got no part in a long term rebuild. Our inside linebackers without Bowman are some of the worst in the league.

Our corners are young and talented, so we have that, but our safeties could probably use work. Reid is an okay safety, Bethea is long in the tooth. Tartt hasn't panned out as a second round pick, and Jimmie Ward was moved to corner.

I mean, given this roster, what could Shanahan do it that would be so bad? It's not really comparable to McDaniels because there's really not much there to be upset about Shanny blowing up.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hire is definitely a head scratcher. The obvious comparison is the Matt Millen hire, but I don't think John Elway had any front office experience when he was hired, and just like Elway Lynch went to Stanford so he isn't a dummy.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just shows how far the 49ers FO has fallen in terms of desirability to work with the current ownership.

Having said that, Lynch going with another guy like Dominik, and pairing with Shanahan, it's still better by miles over a Tomsula/Baalke & Kelly/Baalke combo. This new trio might fail spectacularly - but at least they have a chance to succeed. Baalke's hubris and terrible drafting strategy, compared with the limited coaching abilities both Tomsula & Kelly, made failure a foregone conclusion. At least here you have guys who are willing to get on the same page, and take a fresh approach, yet also bring in other guys to given their expertise (Dominik).

As long as it's not the Shanahan-decides-every-detail show, then there's a shot to make this work. This is a far cry from the Baalke regime, where the GM didn't even talk to the coaching staff. Shocked
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
Just as 49ers gave GM John Lynch 6-year contract, plan is to offer Kyle Shanahan a 6-year deal, per sources. SF wants HC-GM tied together.

6years for a 1st year HC and 1st year GM...holy crap...
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
Just as 49ers gave GM John Lynch 6-year contract, plan is to offer Kyle Shanahan a 6-year deal, per sources. SF wants HC-GM tied together.

Yeah, it's completely ludicrous, but as a fan, doesn't bother me. I'm just hopeful that it's the FO way of saying we are committed to you guys and allowing you 4-5 years to really do this rebuild right. Jed's already shown that he'll can coaches with years left on the contract, so the length is completely inconsequential to me. I mean, it's a foolish contract offer, but as a fan, I have no cares about that whatsoever.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
A.J. Jenkins

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
A.J. Jenkins wrote:
It wasn't like this...once upon a time

The downfall started when they drafted you.

How dare you
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:

I can just imagine York at his desk.. thinking intently, fingers rubbing his temples.. "What makes the best NFL franchises great?" .... "FRONT OFFICE CONSISTENCY!! It's so simple! Sign them to 6-year contracts!"
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hire isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I do think that there is a difference though. The Broncos actually had pieces in place, we don't. We basically have a handful of okay players, some younger guys with some upside, but in terms of actual players, we don't have a Jay Cutler or Brandon Marshall.

We have one legit potential stud in Buckner. That's pretty much it. Staley and Bowman are great (when healthy in the latter's case), but they are also both older. If he ended up trading Staley for a second or something, I'd hate it, but at the same time, completely understand - at 32 years old, he's not part of a long term rebuild more than likely. We have no quarterback. Hyde is a very talented runner, but he's in the final year of his deal and has a long history of dealing with injuries. You're going to need someone to pair with him anyway. We have the worst receivers in the league and the worst tight ends to boot (at least from a receiving perspective).

On defense, we have Buckner (stud) and Armstead (he's flashed at times, and there's a lot of potential, but hasn't put anything together consistently). Linebackers? Well, we have Lynch, who is an okay pass rusher, but definitely not a number one type. Brooks showed he still has something left in the tank, but at his age, he's got no part in a long term rebuild. Our inside linebackers without Bowman are some of the worst in the league.

Our corners are young and talented, so we have that, but our safeties could probably use work. Reid is an okay safety, Bethea is long in the tooth. Tartt hasn't panned out as a second round pick, and Jimmie Ward was moved to corner.

I mean, given this roster, what could Shanahan do it that would be so bad? It's not really comparable to McDaniels because there's really not much there to be upset about Shanny blowing up.

I guess it all depends on if you think Kid Shanny is capable of rebuilding the roster as a personnel person, and if he can't, listen to people who are a bit more knowledgeable w/o letting his ego get in the way.

History is not on the side of these type of hires, but we just have to wait and see.
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. Jenkins wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:
A.J. Jenkins wrote:
It wasn't like this...once upon a time

The downfall started when they drafted you.

How dare you

Laughing
cp0k2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DingoLadd wrote:
This hire isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
Why not go on record on your normal account instead of making a new one just to post this?
I back my talk up in person
Go play in traffic and tear both your acl's punk
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
This hire is definitely a head scratcher. The obvious comparison is the Matt Millen hire, but I don't think John Elway had any front office experience when he was hired, and just like Elway Lynch went to Stanford so he isn't a dummy.

Elway owned an Arena league team for a number of years. Not exactly NFL FO experience, but he'd been involved in the business side of a football operation prior.

Yes please!
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because hiring TV stars to do big jobs has proven to work so well recently Laughing

I hate the Jaguars

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: