Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TTF4L Mock Offseason V.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: TTF4L Mock Offseason V.2 Reply with quote

Released/Not Resigned/Retired - Didn't release McCourty yet because I think we'll keep him at least until TC. But assuming he gets outplayed by some younger players, he could be cut quick in TC. Could also see Al Woods get cut sometime in TC with Austin Johnson taking his spot and Blackson being the backup.

QB Matt Cassell
RB Antonio Andrews
WR Kendall Wright
WR Marc Mariani
WR Harry Douglas
TE Phillip Supernaw
OG Chance Warmack
OG Byron Bell
ILB Sean Spence
OLB David Bass
CB Valentino Blake
CB Brice McCain
S Rashad Johnson

Resigned
OL Brian Schwenke
DL Karl Klug
LB Nate Palmer
S Daimion Stafford

Free Agents - I think our top target if he made it to FA would be Berry. I see absolutely no way he even makes it to FA. He's argaubly the best safety in football and with everything he's been through, I see him being resigned within the next few weeks. I don't see a big FA coming. We have a lot of cap but I feel we'll sign a couple middle-tier and a couple lower-tier players much like we did last season. I don't see us targeting Jeffery just because of the background and injury history. Pryor won't make it to FA and I doubt we'd target him anyway. I could see Johnson, Gilmore, and Bouye as targets especially Bouye. Bouye would probably be our second most targeted FA(after Berry) but I also doubt Houston lets their best DB walk especially with no other big FAs. I just did a couple players because it's hard to project FA.

Logan Ryan, CB - Familiarity with Robinson, I think Ryan will be a prime target this offseason. He can play inside and outside and I love the attitude he plays with.

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - I still like him as a jet-sweep/gadget/returner guy. We need some more explosiveness in the return game and although he's a bust, he can make a few plays on offense here and there. Will compete for the slot job.

2017 NFL Draft - This will likely be my first and only trade mock. I hate doing them because pretty much everyone expects Robinson to trade every offseason now and I don't see it. However, I wanted to have a little more fun with this one. We trade pick #5 to Arizona in exchange for pick #13 and #45. Pretty even trade with Arizona coming out slightly better on the trade chart. They finally move up and snag their QB jumping the Jets at 6.

1st(13) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan - He's been one my favorite players in the draft ever since last season. He's the top WR in the draft to me and personally I don't think it's close. He's willing to do anything for the team including blocking. He can play outside and in the slot(did it a ton at WMU). To me there is nothing he isn't good at. Real good hands, very good route runner, and a YAC machine. Plus he's a awesome kid from everything I've heard in interviews and teammates/coaches raving about him.

1st(18 ) - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida - I have Wilson as my #2 CB behind Lattimore. Very instinctive player and not afraid to play the run. Personally I think he's better than his overrated teammate Tabor. We We have to keep adding talent to the secondary and make it a strength for the first time in years.

2nd(45) - Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt - Yep, it's Cunningham in the 2nd. I have a feeling he's going to fall come draft day. He's already in the late 1st range and it would surprise at all if he fell to the middle of the 2nd round. Size and athletic ability are pretty special but the tackling is pretty worrisome for a LB. He's not terrible but he needs work and I feel with Williamson and Woodyard already on the team, it would be a perfect match for both the Titans and Cunningham. He'll be nickel guy a 1st and learn to play the scheme helping him develop. I'm sure by some point next year, he'll take over the starting job much like Austin Johnson did this year.

3rd - Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama - Second time he's been in my mock but he's moved up a round this time. The more I watch, the more I like. Looks perfect for the FS position leaving Byard to man the SS position. I think both could play interchangeably.

3rd - Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas - I like him. Didn't get a ton of receptions in Arkansas run heavy offense but he definitely showed some big time ability. He's a good blocker as well making him even more intriguing. Get's to develop as the #2 TE under Delanie and hopefully develops into our starting TE once Delanie retires.

4th - Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State - We need someone who can do everything. McNichols isn't exactly a change of pace back but is very versatile and can be very effective on 3rd downs. Plus has some ability as a returner. Was very productive at Boise State. Could be the 2nd RB once Murray moves on/retires.

5th - Jerod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech - Yep, I took a QB and I took him as high as the 5th round. We need a backup QB and it would be nice to find one who can move around so the offense doesn't drastically have to change because of different style of QB. I was a complete shocker that Evans declared this year. I felt he should've went back and possibly been drafted in the top 2 rounds next year.

7th - JoJo Mathis, OLB, Washington - Was the nations most productive pass-rusher last year until his foot injury. I'm sure his size and the injury could effect his draft status.

2017 Depth Chart
QB: Marcus Mariota, Jerod Evans
RB: Demarco Murray, Derrick Henry, Jeremy McNichols
FB: Jalston Fowler
WR: Rishard Matthews, Tajae Sharpe
WR: Corey Davis, Cordarrelle Patterson
TE: Delanie Walker, Jeremy Sprinkle, Jace Amaro
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Quinton Spain, Sebastian Tretola
C: Ben Jones, Brian Schwenke
RG: Josh Kline
RT: Jack Conklin, Dennis Kelly

DE: Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug
NT: Austin Johnson, Al Woods
DT: DaQuan Jones, Angelo Blackson
OLB: Brian Orakpo, Aaron Wallace, JoJo Mathis
ILB: Wesley Woodyard, Nate Palmer
ILB: Avery Williamson, Zach Cunningham
OLB: Derrick Morgan, Kevin Dodd
CB: LeShaun Sims, Quincy Wilson, Kalan Reed
CB: Logan Ryan, Jason McCourty
FS: Eddie Jackson, Daimion Stafford
SS: Kevin Byard, DaNorris Searcy

K: Ryan Succop
P: Brett Kern
RS: Cordarrelle Patterson, Jeremy McNichols, Eddie Jackson

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again on Sprinkle. I don't think JRob will draft a dude who was stupid enough to shop lift from a store in which he had a gift card to.

**RIP Steve McNair**
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Again on Sprinkle. I don't think JRob will draft a dude who was stupid enough to shop lift from a store in which he had a gift card to.

Robinson came up under Belichick and Belichick had no problem taking on someone with troubled past. Everything I heard was that it was Sprinkle's only issue. Obviously it was dumb but I'm sure it'll be non-issue to his draft status. Sure, some GMs will shy away but I don't see Robinson being one of them.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ggfl1andonly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Evans as our backup QB. I would like to resign Cassel or bring a vet in (depending on cost). I like your draft, though. I think I'd rather bring in OL/DL depth over a RB.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more and more I think about, our FO is going to try to get Mariota a #1 WR for next year. I do think we will pursure Alshon Jeffrey, but ultimately be outbid. It will be up to whether or not Jeffrey would like to take a little less money to play on a team with Delanie Walker, Demarco Murray, and Marcus Mariota, or do what a lot of guys in his position do and chase dollar signs.

If we don't get Jeffrey, I think Corey Davis is a Titan. It might be at #5, it might be with a trade, I'm not sure, but I think we bring him in for Mariota. His acceleration is just outstanding and the way he uses it to set up his routes would be huge for us.

I think Wilson is the type of CB we will target. Strong and physical. I could also see us avoiding CB all together if we sign Logan Ryan. I think they want to give Sims a chance to be our #2.

I've fallen off on my love for Cunningham. I was very high on him, but I think ultimately his tackling could prove to be an issue. Jarrad Davis is someone I've started to really like, and would hope he fell but I think he's a 1st rounder.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

Robinson came up under Belichick and Belichick had no problem taking on someone with troubled past. Everything I heard was that it was Sprinkle's only issue. Obviously it was dumb but I'm sure it'll be non-issue to his draft status. Sure, some GMs will shy away but I don't see Robinson being one of them.

Robinson is not Belicheck.

They talked last year about the role good character plays in their selections. This is about the maturity of a grown man. They value that more than say Ruston Webster did.

Word around the senior bowl was that his interviews trying to explain the situation weren't great.

**RIP Steve McNair**
WarrenMoon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: TTF4L Mock Offseason V.2 Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Released/Not Resigned/Retired - Didn't release McCourty yet because I think we'll keep him at least until TC. But assuming he gets outplayed by some younger players, he could be cut quick in TC. Could also see Al Woods get cut sometime in TC with Austin Johnson taking his spot and Blackson being the backup.

QB Matt Cassell
RB Antonio Andrews
WR Kendall Wright
WR Marc Mariani
WR Harry Douglas
TE Phillip Supernaw
OG Chance Warmack
OG Byron Bell
ILB Sean Spence
OLB David Bass
CB Valentino Blake
CB Brice McCain
S Rashad Johnson

Resigned
OL Brian Schwenke
DL Karl Klug
LB Nate Palmer
S Daimion Stafford

Free Agents - I think our top target if he made it to FA would be Berry. I see absolutely no way he even makes it to FA. He's argaubly the best safety in football and with everything he's been through, I see him being resigned within the next few weeks. I don't see a big FA coming. We have a lot of cap but I feel we'll sign a couple middle-tier and a couple lower-tier players much like we did last season. I don't see us targeting Jeffery just because of the background and injury history. Pryor won't make it to FA and I doubt we'd target him anyway. I could see Johnson, Gilmore, and Bouye as targets especially Bouye. Bouye would probably be our second most targeted FA(after Berry) but I also doubt Houston lets their best DB walk especially with no other big FAs. I just did a couple players because it's hard to project FA.

Logan Ryan, CB - Familiarity with Robinson, I think Ryan will be a prime target this offseason. He can play inside and outside and I love the attitude he plays with.

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - I still like him as a jet-sweep/gadget/returner guy. We need some more explosiveness in the return game and although he's a bust, he can make a few plays on offense here and there. Will compete for the slot job.

2017 NFL Draft - This will likely be my first and only trade mock. I hate doing them because pretty much everyone expects Robinson to trade every offseason now and I don't see it. However, I wanted to have a little more fun with this one. We trade pick #5 to Arizona in exchange for pick #13 and #45. Pretty even trade with Arizona coming out slightly better on the trade chart. They finally move up and snag their QB jumping the Jets at 6.

1st(13) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan - He's been one my favorite players in the draft ever since last season. He's the top WR in the draft to me and personally I don't think it's close. He's willing to do anything for the team including blocking. He can play outside and in the slot(did it a ton at WMU). To me there is nothing he isn't good at. Real good hands, very good route runner, and a YAC machine. Plus he's a awesome kid from everything I've heard in interviews and teammates/coaches raving about him.

1st(18 ) - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida - I have Wilson as my #2 CB behind Lattimore. Very instinctive player and not afraid to play the run. Personally I think he's better than his overrated teammate Tabor. We We have to keep adding talent to the secondary and make it a strength for the first time in years.

2nd(45) - Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt - Yep, it's Cunningham in the 2nd. I have a feeling he's going to fall come draft day. He's already in the late 1st range and it would surprise at all if he fell to the middle of the 2nd round. Size and athletic ability are pretty special but the tackling is pretty worrisome for a LB. He's not terrible but he needs work and I feel with Williamson and Woodyard already on the team, it would be a perfect match for both the Titans and Cunningham. He'll be nickel guy a 1st and learn to play the scheme helping him develop. I'm sure by some point next year, he'll take over the starting job much like Austin Johnson did this year.

3rd - Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama - Second time he's been in my mock but he's moved up a round this time. The more I watch, the more I like. Looks perfect for the FS position leaving Byard to man the SS position. I think both could play interchangeably.

3rd - Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas - I like him. Didn't get a ton of receptions in Arkansas run heavy offense but he definitely showed some big time ability. He's a good blocker as well making him even more intriguing. Get's to develop as the #2 TE under Delanie and hopefully develops into our starting TE once Delanie retires.

4th - Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State - We need someone who can do everything. McNichols isn't exactly a change of pace back but is very versatile and can be very effective on 3rd downs. Plus has some ability as a returner. Was very productive at Boise State. Could be the 2nd RB once Murray moves on/retires.

5th - Jerod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech - Yep, I took a QB and I took him as high as the 5th round. We need a backup QB and it would be nice to find one who can move around so the offense doesn't drastically have to change because of different style of QB. I was a complete shocker that Evans declared this year. I felt he should've went back and possibly been drafted in the top 2 rounds next year.

7th - JoJo Mathis, OLB, Washington - Was the nations most productive pass-rusher last year until his foot injury. I'm sure his size and the injury could effect his draft status.

2017 Depth Chart
QB: Marcus Mariota, Jerod Evans
RB: Demarco Murray, Derrick Henry, Jeremy McNichols
FB: Jalston Fowler
WR: Rishard Matthews, Tajae Sharpe
WR: Corey Davis, Cordarrelle Patterson
TE: Delanie Walker, Jeremy Sprinkle, Jace Amaro
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Quinton Spain, Sebastian Tretola
C: Ben Jones, Brian Schwenke
RG: Josh Kline
RT: Jack Conklin, Dennis Kelly

DE: Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug
NT: Austin Johnson, Al Woods
DT: DaQuan Jones, Angelo Blackson
OLB: Brian Orakpo, Aaron Wallace, JoJo Mathis
ILB: Wesley Woodyard, Nate Palmer
ILB: Avery Williamson, Zach Cunningham
OLB: Derrick Morgan, Kevin Dodd
CB: LeShaun Sims, Quincy Wilson, Kalan Reed
CB: Logan Ryan, Jason McCourty
FS: Eddie Jackson, Daimion Stafford
SS: Kevin Byard, DaNorris Searcy

K: Ryan Succop
P: Brett Kern
RS: Cordarrelle Patterson, Jeremy McNichols, Eddie Jackson

I like the draft overall, but we may as well keep Supernaw along with drafting a TE ... Supernaw knows the system and has shown major improvement over the past few years.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some film study on Corey Davis.

https://youtu.be/VYAaC-ODZ4E

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: