Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agent Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28"
Quote:
I agree, just another vet option, but I'm thinking Phil Taylor must be healthy - just like Hood was last year when they signed him - and that's why they didn't pay a lot to sign a 2 down NT type.

Healthy, plus an eNORMous chip on his shoulder to prove himself. Good to have next to Allen if he gets the spot. I'm tired of having 3 guys who suck so we just rotate them.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
We'll probably only carry 6 Dlineman. Allen, McClain, and McGee aren't going anywhere. Then you have Ioannidis, Lanier and Ziggy Hood who are all likely to make the roster. Unless they're going to stick Lanier (who they've been praising all offseason) or Ioannidis on the PS I don't see how we can carry another Dlineman. Hood was solid last year, I think he makes it. All of the other guys we currently have are likely camp fodder.
Probably right. I agree with your thought that Phil Taylor likely won't make the roster also, he'll have to really look amazing in training camp and play amazing in the preseason - which is possible if he's healthy - to make the team over Hood or be a 7th defensive lineman while we don't keep an extra guy at another spot.

I do agree with Lavar as well, that at this point we won't sign anyone like Howard or Ferguson, especially after drafting Allen. Presumably, as you pointed out in your post our DL is set and will look something like:

RDE: Allen, Lanier
NT: McGee, Ioannidis
LDE: McClain, Hood

At least that's how I see it when it all shakes out. I realize that Ourlands has Hood still as the starting NT and McGee at DE, which could be correct given our scheme - if McGee is going to be the 2 gaping DE - but until it happens, I'll continue to think that because McGee is our biggest and strongest DL that they'll play McGee at NT, unless Taylor makes it and wins that job.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu May 04, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28"
Quote:
I agree, just another vet option, but I'm thinking Phil Taylor must be healthy - just like Hood was last year when they signed him - and that's why they didn't pay a lot to sign a 2 down NT type.

Healthy, plus an eNORMous chip on his shoulder to prove himself. Good to have next to Allen if he gets the spot. I'm tired of having 3 guys who suck so we just rotate them.
That's true about Taylor and I think we have some better guys this year - at least as run defenders - we won't know for sure though until they strap them up and play.

Francois and Hood shouldn't have been starting last year, but they were the best we had so they had to.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaye Howard joins the Bears

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/04/jaye-howard-joins-the-bears/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers release Orlando Franklin. Redskins could use a new staring LG!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/15/chargers-release-orlando-franklin/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

We could cut Lauvao and sign Franklin. I know Franklin was solid in Denver but I've heard he was inconsistent and overpaid in San Diego. We certainly wouldn't be paying him what San Diego did, I have to imagine he'd be an upgrade over Lauvao and Kouandijo especially in run blocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56
Page 56 of 56

Jump to: