Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agent Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Poe signed with Falcons. Down to Hankins now. Have we even talked to Hankins?

Steeerriiiiiike two ...
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Ok just saw his highlights why haven't we brought this man in for a visit yet .

Because he probably doesn't want to come to DC

Why because of Allen? That's been speculations and rumors we still been signing players heck people know theskins have a bad management but money talks and if we can get him to visit why not .
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter, former Bills linebacker Zach Brown, and former Giants defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins are all still available. If we land one of these 3, my undies will steaming as Chad Dukes would say.

If we land two, I'll have to change my undies. If we land all 3, I'll have to change my undies and my long pants! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Former Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter, former Bills linebacker Zach Brown, and former Giants defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins are all still available. If we land one of these 3, my undies will steaming as Chad Dukes would say.

If we land two, I'll have to change my undies. If we land all 3, I'll have to change my undies and my long pants! Laughing

When they sign none, guess you will still be wearing the same "I don't cheer for upper management I cheer for the players undies" Redskins haven't been linked to any of these guys. I doubt they sign any of them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too excited about any of the free agents left and I don't see them signing any of them anyway. We royally screwed the pooch this off-season. I'd be shocked if we aren't picking in the top 10 of the draft next season.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I'm not too excited about any of the free agents left and I don't see them signing any of them anyway. We royally screwed the pooch this off-season. I'd be shocked if we aren't picking in the top 10 of the draft next season.

Good. We'll need to be picking that high when we lose Kirk for a comp pick Rolling Eyes .
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

When they sign none, guess you will still be wearing the same "I don't cheer for upper management I cheer for the players undies" Redskins haven't been linked to any of these guys. I doubt they sign any of them.
I do cheer for the players. I'm beyond worrying about Dan Snyder. The quicker you can get to the "I don't give a crap" about upper management, cheer for the players, the better it'll be. If we can't sign any of them, so be it, then it's on to the draft.

Scott time!

http://www.redskins.com/team/staff/scott-campbell/4f1e3b8d-55f6-4a22-9363-34308f2515ce?qwr=fullsite_temporary

Quote:
Since Campbell’s return to college scouting in 2006, every first round selection by the Redskins (except 2016 1st round pick Josh Doctson)has qualified for the Pro Bowl during their NFL careers (Brandon Scherff, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Williams, Brian Orakpo and LaRon Landry). Campbell and the personnel staff oversaw a 10-player class in the 2015 NFL Draft that made an immediate impact en route to the team’s NFC East title run that season. The team secured All-Rookie selection Brandon Scherff in the first round, rookie sack leader Preston Smith in the second round, franchise record-holder for rookie receptions Jamison Crowder in the fourth round, and jack-of-all-trades defensive back Kyshoen Jarrett in the sixth round, among others. Said ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper after the 2015 season, “They got as much impact from rookies as any team in the NFL.”

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So on the one hand, Larry Micheal and the folks over at Redskins park have ruthlessly taken shots at Scot's 2015 and 2016 draft classes, then on the other hand, they put all the studs from the 2015 draft class in Campbell's bio to hype him up (and I guess he had no hand in the 2016 draft?). That's hilarious and sad at the same time.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

So on the one hand, Larry Micheal and the folks over at Redskins park have ruthlessly taken shots at Scot's 2015 and 2016 draft classes, then on the other hand, they put all the studs from the 2015 draft class in Campbell's bio to hype him up (and I guess he had no hand in the 2016 draft?). That's hilarious and sad at the same time.
I edited it to include the pro bowl for Scherff and the edited to say "except Doctson." The overall point is not to dismiss Scot Mccloughan or to prop up Bruce Allen. The point is that in the decade since Campbell has been moved to the director of college scouting the team as drafted pro bowlers with its first round picks. I think Campbell does a good job.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I edited it to include the pro bowl for Scherff and the edited to say "except Doctson." The overall point is not to dismiss Scot Mccloughan or to prop up Bruce Allen. The point is that in the decade since Campbell has been moved to the director of college scouting the team as drafted pro bowlers with its first round picks. I think Campbell does a good job.

My point was how two-faced Larry Michael and the guys in the Redskins media department are. But anyway...

I don't really think you can give Campbell a lot of credit for our success with 1st round picks. More credit goes to Shanahan/McCloughan IMO. Coaches/GMs usually devote a lot more time to studying film on impact players (i.e. first rounders) and rely more on their scouting staff for mid and late round picks because they don't have enough time to scour over thousands of hours of film on prospects, so they have to delegate that task to guys like Campbell who don't have as much on their plate.

Outside of the 1st round, our picks in the Shanahan era were terrible. The blame for that should go to Campbell more-so than the success of our first round picks should go to him. The only high impact players drafted by us that are still on the team outside of the first round are Cousins, Reed, and Crowder. Cousins was obviously a Shanahan pick. I thought I read somewhere that Shanny was really high on Reed too. And I know I've read that McCloughan was the one standing on the table to draft Crowder. Not sure who Campbell has stood on the table for, but I don't think he's on this roster.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

My point was how two-faced Larry Michael and the guys in the Redskins media department are. But anyway...

I don't really think you can give Campbell a lot of credit for our success with 1st round picks. More credit goes to Shanahan/McCloughan IMO. Coaches/GMs usually devote a lot more time to studying film on impact players (i.e. first rounders) and rely more on their scouting staff for mid and late round picks because they don't have enough time to scour over thousands of hours of film on prospects, so they have to delegate that task to guys like Campbell who don't have as much on their plate.

Outside of the 1st round, our picks in the Shanahan era were terrible. The blame for that should go to Campbell more-so than the success of our first round picks should go to him. The only high impact players drafted by us that are still on the team outside of the first round are Cousins, Reed, and Crowder. Cousins was obviously a Shanahan pick. I thought I read somewhere that Shanny was really high on Reed too. And I know I've read that McCloughan was the one standing on the table to draft Crowder. Not sure who Campbell has stood on the table for, but I don't think he's on this roster.
I think it's far to complicated than either of us think. Guys like Campbell I believe do a lot of the type of work that Mccloughan is known for loving. Campbell, Doug Williams for example have been those types of guys for a while.

Campbell is a scout, he's the head of that department. When Mccloughan came in, Mccloughan became the head of that department and he and Campell worked together.

I don't honk Campbell ever made final decisions. That was Gibbs/Cerrato of Bruce/Shanahan, Bruce/Doug Williams or Bruce/McCloughan.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from McCloughan or Shanahan but someone on staff helped them and to me it seems Campbell has been doing it he longest for the team.

Quote:
Campbell played an integral role in identifying and selecting a number of impact contributors in the 2014 NFL Draft despite the team not holding a first-round pick. The Redskins’ first four selections that year combined to start 82 contests in their first two NFL seasons from 2014-15, a group that included second-round linebacker/defensive end Trent Murphy (23 starts), third-round tackle Morgan Moses (17), third-round guard/center Spencer Long (13) and fourth-round cornerback Bashaud Breeland (29). All four players started at least 13 regular season games during the Redskins’ NFC East championship campaign in 2015 in addition to starting in the NFC Wild Card Round.

Campbell originally joined the Redskins in 2001 as Director of College Scouting, overseeing the area scouts and assisting with the Redskins’ draft operations before heading up the scouting of pro personnel for the next four seasons. He returned in 2006 to take charge of the college scouting department, where he spent two seasons before being promoted to Director of Player Personnel. In 2015, he transitioned to Director of College Scouting, where he now leads the team’s area scouts in identifying talent at the collegiate level.

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Agreed. And I also agree about Larry Michael.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO It would be a good idea to sign Gerald Hodges to upgrade our ILBS and wouldn't cost a great deal. Don't know what they're waiting for.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Minter signed with the Bungals Sad

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
IMO It would be a good idea to sign Gerald Hodges to upgrade our ILBS and wouldn't cost a great deal. Don't know what they're waiting for.
I agree. The only thing I can think of is that they're looking towards the draft to take one of the ILBs who are worth a 1st round pick:

1. Ruben Foster
2. Hassan Reddick
3. Zach Cunningham
4. Jarrad Davis
5. TJ Watt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 45 of 56

Jump to: