Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agent Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: 2017 Free Agent Discussion Reply with quote

I'm really sorry I can't post a link. I'm on my iPad and can't figure out how to post the link. I know everyone is interested in Brandon Williams DT from the Ravens. I just read on Pro Football Rumors that the Raven have identified him as a top priority this off-season. They want to get him back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I would like to look at:

Calais Campbell
Eric Berry
Domata Peko
Dontari Poe
Brandon Williams
Johnathan Hankins

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Sassan11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is your link.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eric-DeCosta-Ravens-Must-Try-To-Retain-Brandon-Williams/26d34eea-b23c-41dd-8548-0fed379a292f
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Here is your link.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eric-DeCosta-Ravens-Must-Try-To-Retain-Brandon-Williams/26d34eea-b23c-41dd-8548-0fed379a292f

Thanks so much...I'm horrible with this iPad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to draft our own Brandon Williams...
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Exactly! We need to start building through the draft before we can start throwing big money at interior Dlinemen. Brandon Williams is going to cost around the same contract that Damon Harrison cost last year and that's 5yrs $46mill $24mill guaranteed. Damon Harrison was a great signing for the Giants but that's mostly because they had a ton of young drafter players on the line already to support him.

I'm not saying don't sign any Dlinemen, that's foolish. But I think it's kind of pointless to sign one player to a huge contract before giving him a decent supporting cast. Now if we drafted one of the million good dlinemen last draft, throwing money at Williams would have made more sense. This year, we should look at the next tier down moneywise such as Bennie Logan, Jonathan Hankins, Sylvester Williams etc. Now some of those guys are probably going to get bigger contracts than I'd like, but the idea here is to sign the second tier contract Dlinemen and still draft your young stud DT.

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Exactly! We need to start building through the draft before we can start throwing big money at interior Dlinemen. Brandon Williams is going to cost around the same contract that Damon Harrison cost last year and that's 5yrs $46mill $24mill guaranteed. Damon Harrison was a great signing for the Giants but that's mostly because they had a ton of young drafter players on the line already to support him.

I'm not saying don't sign any Dlinemen, that's foolish. But I think it's kind of pointless to sign one player to a huge contract before giving him a decent supporting cast. Now if we drafted one of the million good dlinemen last draft, throwing money at Williams would have made more sense. This year, we should look at the next tier down moneywise such as Bennie Logan, Jonathan Hankins, Sylvester Williams etc. Now some of those guys are probably going to get bigger contracts than I'd like, but the idea here is to sign the second tier contract Dlinemen and still draft your young stud DT.

I don't think its a good idea to just sit/wait/hope that type of player falls to you at 17. I don't think this draft has as many good to great type of DLinemen as last years. I do understand your point but getting a already established proven playmaker on DLine is what I prefer we do. Williams or Poe should be at top of our Free Agent list. Ethier of those guys could also teach/mentor the young guys we draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Free Agent Discussion Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I'm really sorry I can't post a link. I'm on my iPad and can't figure out how to post the link. I know everyone is interested in Brandon Williams DT from the Ravens. I just read on Pro Football Rumors that the Raven have identified him as a top priority this off-season. They want to get him back.
Here is how I do it; I act as though I'm going to
Email the article or text it and then, you can copy the link and paste it.

Yeah, I saw that BWill is one of their top priorities, no surprise. Teams that have dominant NTs rarely let them leave. It's very unlikely we'll be able to sign him or Dontari Poe. It's much more likely that we can sign a guy like Johnathan Hankin's from the Giants. They already spent big on Snacks Harrison so they may not have Harrison as a priority.

I still have a lot of NT candidates that like I like in the draft so if we don't get one in FA, I'm very hopeful that we'll either get Caleb Brantley in round 1 or maybe he falls to us in round 2. If not, there are other guys we can draft in round 2 or 3 that would have started for us last year and would probably be day one starters for us this year if we draft one.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Guys I would like to look at:

Calais Campbell
Great player but it would be like signing Hatcher, he's getting up there and she and I'd rather not commit a huge contract to someone over 30. I also think the Cards will do everything in their power to keep him - including franchising him if necessary.
Quote:
Eric Berry
Yes! He would solve a lot of our problems in our secondary because of his leadership, communication and playmaking ability.
Quote:
Domata Peko
Not really interested
Quote:
Dontari Poe
Brandon Williams
I think both of their teams will either franchise them or make them priority signings
Quote:
Johnathan Hankins
He's the one I think we can sign to be our NT. The Giants spent to sign Harrison last year so Hankins might be available.

Sylvester Williams is also available from the Broncos and Nick Fairley had a good year for the Saints last year. John Jenkins also is someone we may be able to sign from the saints. He's a huge run stuffer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LFOX21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sources are saying that the redskins are interested in bennie logan DT/NT from the eagles.

I would actually really like this signing. Hes a good run stuffer and can make plays for us along the line. Philly was really good against the run last year so he could help a lot.

Hes a much cheaper option compared to hankins, williams, and poe. Im down with it!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
sources are saying that the redskins are interested in bennie logan DT/NT from the eagles.

I would actually really like this signing. Hes a good run stuffer and can make plays for us along the line. Philly was really good against the run last year so he could help a lot.

Hes a much cheaper option compared to hankins, williams, and poe. Im down with it!
I'd be down. He's a sloid and very active NT. Not only is he good vs the run but he's also a good pass rusher. He's quick for a man his size which allows him to get quick pressure up the middle and on the qb.

‪Source: Redskins will pursue Eagles free agent Bennie Logan http://s.nj.com/GRfhKzb‬

ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:

I'd be down. He's a sloid and very active NT. Not only is he good vs the run but he's also a good pass rusher. He's quick for a man his size which allows him to get quick pressure up the middle and on the qb.

‪Source: Redskins will pursue Eagles free agent Bennie Logan http://s.nj.com/GRfhKzb‬

I like this move!!! Hopefully it's right I think your looking at a good start if this is real. Hopefully we can cheaper and just as good as the top guys IMO

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
LFOX21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he would be a solid signing as well.

a few guys that i like that we should target are

DT
Jonathen hankins 25
Bennie Logan 27
Abry Jones 25
Dontarie Poe27

DE
Lawrence Guy 27

ILB
kevin minter 26
gerald hodges 26
zack brown 27

OLB
John simon26
Alex Okafor26

CB
Micah Hyde26
Stephon Gilmore26
Logan Ryan26

S
Tony Jefferson25
DJ swearinger25
TJ McDonald26

G
Larry Warford26
Austen Pastzor26
Luke Joeckle25
Kevin Zeitler27

C
JC Tretter26
Joe Hawley27

WR
Robert Woods25
Kenny Stills25
Kendall Wright27
Kenny Britt28

those are the guys on my FA big bored. young and experienced veterans who can only get better
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennie Logan does sound like a realistic possibility and is a bargaining chip igetring Baker into a more realistic contract.
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think Logan is going to be much cheaper you are very wrong. He will get 8 mill a year Atleast.... And he can't rush the passer at all. He had 5 qb pressures all year, and in Jims scheme I don't want that at all. Yes he's a pretty good run stopper but that's it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 1 of 56

Jump to: