You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CalhounLambeau 2017 Draft Thread - 2017 Grades Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeDaJags

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on Fournette?
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pro Football Focus sees a little Marvin Harrison in the game of Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook.

Pretty sure Cal used this same comp months ago. Nice job.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeDaJags wrote:

He's a supercharged version of Jordan Howard with long speed but not quite the natural feel for the position Howard has. I have Fournette in the first round. I like him. I don't love him. He's also going to be like Darrelle Revis where he's going to strongly look out for his interests. He's seen murders. He's been around violence. He has a daughter. He's already an old man.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
FreeDaJags wrote:

He's a supercharged version of Jordan Howard with long speed but not quite the natural feel for the position Howard has. I have Fournette in the first round. I like him. I don't love him. He's also going to be like Darrelle Revis where he's going to strongly look out for his interests. He's seen murders. He's been around violence. He has a daughter. He's already an old man.

Guys like that can definitely have the drive to work harder to stay away from all of that. But I still question if he does. I mean he doesn't seem like he's learned anything new in college.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
FreeDaJags wrote:

Guys like that can definitely have the drive to work harder to stay away from all of that. But I still question if he does. I mean he doesn't seem like he's learned anything new in college.

He admits - all the time - like a badge of honor that he doesn't watch any other RB's. I know all guys are wired differently. To me that's weird. Not sure how to take that.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CL have checked out your rankings and thoughts on players for a while now and love the work and dedication you put in. Got a couple guys for ya, sorry if you've talked about already, that I've watched and like a lot. If I could get some of your thoughts on :

Zay Jones, WR, I see you have him with a 5th or 6th round grade. While I would love if he were available then for the Niners my belief is with his pre-draft season work he's possibly out himself into that round 3 category.

Aaron Jones, RB, really like the kids tape. Has some good vision and has shown the ability to do a little bit of everything running out of the gun, behind a FB, short routes and deep routes. Also had great ability numbers at the combine which inteigued me further.

Budda Baker, FS, one of my favorite guys in the draft. Absolutely love the way he plays and attacks but also shows good range and instincts. I think he's capable of playing an Earl Thomas type role in the Niners new 4-3 under scheme.

Just want to clarify I'm not attempting to dispute your thoughts or rankings or anything, just wondering as to your thoughts on these guys with a little detail. Appreciate it man, keep up the solid work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Hey CL have checked out your rankings and thoughts on players for a while now and love the work and dedication you put in.

Thank you. I haven't updated my rankings in a while so don't pay too much attention to those. Currently working behind the scenes on finishing grades. Haven't gotten around to doing much on the Google Sheet lately.

Fureys49ers wrote:
Zay Jones, WR

He'll probably go higher than I'd pick him because of his bloodlines, his character and overall feeling that he's a safe guy not to mention the fact that he's not a bad player. He tested well but I wish he was more smooth on the field. I'm not a big fan of his body type. I like him, just not as much as some do right now. He's similar to Tyler Boyd, tested better than Boyd, but I just thought Boyd was smoother, and more of a natural. He'll probably be graded around the early 4th.

Fureys49ers wrote:
Aaron Jones, RB.

He does a little bit of everything like you said. Before the combine I compared him to Paul Perkins due to identical size and the "little bit of everything" they both do. Perkins didn't post a complete workout but it looks like Jones tested as good or better than Perkins would have. But again, like Jones and Boyd. I like Perkins more than Jones. Perkins was just so smooth and natural. I would assume Jones comes off the board around the same area Perkins did. I don't have him graded yet but he'll probably be in the 5th round.

Fureys49ers wrote:
Budda Baker, FS

I like watching him play. You can't not like him on the field. I just don't have a good gut feeling for him at the next level. I think injuries will be a problem. I just have a gut feeling where I don't see him working out long term. I hope I'm wrong. I'll probably have him in the 3rd round.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the input CL, look forward to seeing your rankings as they come out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
Hey CL have checked out your rankings and thoughts on players for a while now and love the work and dedication you put in.

Thank you. I haven't updated my rankings in a while so don't pay too much attention to those. Currently working behind the scenes on finishing grades. Haven't gotten around to doing much on the Google Sheet lately.

Fureys49ers wrote:
Zay Jones, WR

He'll probably go higher than I'd pick him because of his bloodlines, his character and overall feeling that he's a safe guy not to mention the fact that he's not a bad player. He tested well but I wish he was more smooth on the field. I'm not a big fan of his body type. I like him, just not as much as some do right now. He's similar to Tyler Boyd, tested better than Boyd, but I just thought Boyd was smoother, and more of a natural. He'll probably be graded around the early 4th.

Fureys49ers wrote:
Aaron Jones, RB.

He does a little bit of everything like you said. Before the combine I compared him to Paul Perkins due to identical size and the "little bit of everything" they both do. Perkins didn't post a complete workout but it looks like Jones tested as good or better than Perkins would have. But again, like Jones and Boyd. I like Perkins more than Jones. Perkins was just so smooth and natural. I would assume Jones comes off the board around the same area Perkins did. I don't have him graded yet but he'll probably be in the 5th round.

Fureys49ers wrote:
Budda Baker, FS

I like watching him play. You can't not like him on the field. I just don't have a good gut feeling for him at the next level. I think injuries will be a problem. I just have a gut feeling where I don't see him working out long term. I hope I'm wrong. I'll probably have him in the 3rd round.

I like Baker. I see a lot of D.J. Swearinger in his game. But that means that you'll need to make sure Baker fits your defense.(as we saw with Swearinger, he did quite well in Arizona after struggling when teams misused him)

As for Zay Jones, I think he's a better route runner than Boyd coming out.(more polished)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be releasing some grades tomorrow.

Wanna place bets on where I have Evan Engram graded? Laughing
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:

They don't have a scale for his grade Wink

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
reamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

They don't have a scale for his grade Wink

TMI. Embarassed
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is possible Engram could go over my 10 scale.
MWil23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:

He was a guy pre NFL combine I'd hope would fall to Cleveland at 33. I was hoping for something like:

1. Garrett
12. BPA of: Adams, Allen, Hooker, Williams, Davis, Lattimore, Conley
33. Engram

After the combine, unfortunately I don't see that happening.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

He was a guy pre NFL combine I'd hope would fall to Cleveland at 33. I was hoping for something like:

1. Garrett
12. BPA of: Adams, Allen, Hooker, Williams, Davis, Lattimore, Conley
33. Engram

After the combine, unfortunately I don't see that happening.

Nope.

Pre-combine Jeremiah had Everett over Engram and fell head over heels in love with him. I knew that wouldn't last and he'd regret it. Sure enough, scanned his rankings. Now has Engram clearly over him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 11 of 19

Jump to: