You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CalhounLambeau 2017 Draft Thread - 2017 Grades Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

VanS wrote:
And there are serious character concerns regarding Reuben Foster.

I don't believe that to be the case. Like so many he entered Alabama a child and left a man.

Still think Foster doesn't have major character issues? Laughing

I was ROFL when I heard he got kicked out of the combine. I thought he would reveal his true character after he got the money. Like I said earlier, I would not take Reuben Foster in the first round. Some team will ignore these red flags and give him a lot of money. He'll get out of shape once again or do something else that's stupid that will make his selection a wasted investment.

If I'm a team that needs a LB in the first round, I'm taking Haason Reddick or Jarrad Davis. No need to mess with a head case like Foster.

Still think Alvin Kamara will run a 4.3? "lol"

I'm with Calhoun on this. Really dumb thing to have done, but he's done nothing else to make you think he'd be a major distraction to a team on a regular basis like some are making this out to be.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

VanS wrote:

I don't believe that to be the case. Like so many he entered Alabama a child and left a man.

I was ROFL when I heard he got kicked out of the combine. I thought he would reveal his true character after he got the money. Like I said earlier, I would not take Reuben Foster in the first round. Some team will ignore these red flags and give him a lot of money. He'll get out of shape once again or do something else that's stupid that will make his selection a wasted investment.

If I'm a team that needs a LB in the first round, I'm taking Haason Reddick or Jarrad Davis. No need to mess with a head case like Foster.

Such a juvenile post... Rolling Eyes , I personally don't mind my MLB being an a hole. And the last time I checked, I haven't heard anything about him having "off the field issues"
Counselor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

VanS wrote:

Such a juvenile post... Rolling Eyes , I personally don't mind my MLB being an a hole. And the last time I checked, I haven't heard anything about him having "off the field issues"

I mean yeah look at Burfict... although I think he plays outside. And Ray Lewis killed someone so...

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, LBs can be mean or nice. I don't think attitude should disqualify you there to much. Unless they just don't care about football..,
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think Mahomes will be a 3rd, or is that where you think he should go based off his talent level?

If you had to guess today where Mahomes gets drafted, where do you think he'll go? What's the highest you could see him going? The lowest?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

VanS wrote:

Still think Alvin Kamara will run a 4.3? "lol"

I'm with Calhoun on this. Really dumb thing to have done, but he's done nothing else to make you think he'd be a major distraction to a team on a regular basis like some are making this out to be.

I never said he would run any particular time. I just threw it out there as a possibility. And after he jumped 39.5" and broad jumped 10'9" (both first among RBs at the combine), I'm sure you thought that was possible as well.

Kamara just confirmed what I saw on film at the combine. Great initial explosion as evidenced by his outstanding jumps but not elite long range speed as evidenced by his average 40 time. When I said 4.37 was possible, I thought that elite initial explosion would be enough to get him to a great 40 time. Looks like he runs out of that juice really quickly once he gets past 30 yards. Good thing for him initial explosion is more important for a RB than long range speed.
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

VanS wrote:

You make the accusation with no evidence that Reuben Foster has serious character concerns. I say I don't believe that. You say nothing in response because you're just speculating. Then when something happens hop back in here to rub it in my face. I was working with the facts at the time. I don't think Foster getting into an argument with a hospital worker means he has "major character concerns". It was incredibly stupid given the circumstances but it's hardly major. It just proves what everyone already knew. Foster is a dummy. Foster has an ego. Foster is rough around the edges. We knew all that. But serious character concerns? I'm not going there. How many Alabama guys got caught with guns and drugs this year? We can all laugh at Foster and speculate about him, but to call his concerns major or serious at this time is absurd.

Actually I did provide evidence. You just choose to counter it. I recounted the story from Tom Luginbill about how bad Foster was at the Under Armour All-American game as a high school senior. How he showed up out of shape and how Luginbill at the time believed there was no chance he would succeed at Alabama given his attitude. I stated how he played his first 3 years at Alabama at 240+ lbs. Now suddenly as senior after getting a grade of come back to school by the NFL Draft Advisory Committee he loses 20 lbs and becomes a heat seeking missile. Just like guys who have career years before they become free agents, I get very wary of guys who decide to get in shape just before a big pay day is about to come. That makes me suspect they care more about the pay day than the game.

Even if you are not suspicious of his love of the game as I am based on those things, the incident at the combine should be a major red flag to everyone. You can try to spin it as a small issue but he's the first guy to EVER get kicked out of the combine to my knowledge. That is HUGE. To act like that isn't a huge red flag is you just digging your heels in on a prospect you liked. I mean if you can't behave yourself during the most important job interview of your life, how can I expect you to behave when I give you millions?

Like I said, if I need a LB in the first round, I'm taking Haason Reddick or Jarrad Davis. A first round pick is to valuable to waste on a guy with character issues like Reuben Foster.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

VanS wrote:

You make the accusation with no evidence that Reuben Foster has serious character concerns. I say I don't believe that. You say nothing in response because you're just speculating. Then when something happens hop back in here to rub it in my face. I was working with the facts at the time. I don't think Foster getting into an argument with a hospital worker means he has "major character concerns". It was incredibly stupid given the circumstances but it's hardly major. It just proves what everyone already knew. Foster is a dummy. Foster has an ego. Foster is rough around the edges. We knew all that. But serious character concerns? I'm not going there. How many Alabama guys got caught with guns and drugs this year? We can all laugh at Foster and speculate about him, but to call his concerns major or serious at this time is absurd.

Actually I did provide evidence. You just choose to counter it. I recounted the story from Tom Luginbill about how bad Foster was at the Under Armour All-American game as a high school senior. How he showed up out of shape and how Luginbill at the time believed there was no chance he would succeed at Alabama given his attitude. I stated how he played his first 3 years at Alabama at 240+ lbs. Now suddenly as senior after getting a grade of come back to school by the NFL Draft Advisory Committee he loses 20 lbs and becomes a heat seeking missile. Just like guys who have career years before they become free agents, I get very wary of guys who decide to get in shape just before a big pay day is about to come. That makes me suspect they care more about the pay day than the game.

Even if you are not suspicious of his love of the game as I am based on those things, the incident at the combine should be a major red flag to everyone. You can try to spin it as a small issue but he's the first guy to EVER get kicked out of the combine to my knowledge. That is HUGE. To act like that isn't a huge red flag is you just digging your heels in on a prospect you liked. I mean if you can't behave yourself during the most important job interview of your life, how can I expect you to behave when I give you millions?

Like I said, if I need a LB in the first round, I'm taking Haason Reddick or Jarrad Davis. A first round pick is to valuable to waste on a guy with character issues like Reuben Foster.

This post was a whole lot of nothing....
Calvert28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Do you really think Mahomes will be a 3rd, or is that where you think he should go based off his talent level?

If you had to guess today where Mahomes gets drafted, where do you think he'll go? What's the highest you could see him going? The lowest?

4th right now. although with this class he could go to the 3rd.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:

This post was a whole lot of nothing....

Being the first player to ever get kicked out of the combine is not "nothing".
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:

They're my grades. I don't care where the league takes him.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Actually I did provide evidence. .

Some high school stuff about him being a little flabby and having an ego. Yeah.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Foster has been drawing criticism after he was kicked out of the NFL Scouting Combine on Friday following an intense argument with a hospital worker. Saban vouched for his former pupil's character, saying, "If youíre looking for a good teammate to be on your team, Reubenís going to be very, very good. If youíre looking for somebody to be a candy striper and be nice to everybody at the hospital, maybe not." He went on to say, "And I know that Reuben wishes that he would have responded maybe in a little more positive way. But I think other people could have responded and been a little more respectful to him as well." It should be noted that Foster did not take part in Alabama's pro day on Wednesday, as he is currently recovering from shoulder surgery.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Foster has been drawing criticism after he was kicked out of the NFL Scouting Combine on Friday following an intense argument with a hospital worker. Saban vouched for his former pupil's character, saying, "If youíre looking for a good teammate to be on your team, Reubenís going to be very, very good. If youíre looking for somebody to be a candy striper and be nice to everybody at the hospital, maybe not." He went on to say, "And I know that Reuben wishes that he would have responded maybe in a little more positive way. But I think other people could have responded and been a little more respectful to him as well." It should be noted that Foster did not take part in Alabama's pro day on Wednesday, as he is currently recovering from shoulder surgery.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's the type of guy you hate when he's on another team, but you love when he's on yours. He's the defensive version of Jeremy Shockey.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben Foster is the definition of a PITA prospect. But he hasn't done anything with drugs, arrests, violence, etc. As long as that continues he'll be fine. There are tons of those guys in the league that need some maintenance, guidance, etc. It just can't graduate to bigger things. I just can't say a guy has serious problems when he's never been arrested or been suspended by the team. I just can't.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 10 of 19

Jump to: