Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

a case for our WRs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miner49er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cousins w/ Williams, Torrey and Kerley?

Can't we make that happen? Do we want to?

Thank You to GridironGreat09 for the sweet sig!
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miner49er wrote:
Cousins w/ Williams, Torrey and Kerley?

Can't we make that happen? Do we want to?

If Cousins hit FA, and we went after him hard and signed him, I'm fine with it. But I really don't think he's hitting the market.

Also, I would still want to add an additional wide receiver to upgrade through FA.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Ellington and Eric Rogers are going to be on the roster next year. Dont forget about them

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Bruce Ellington and Eric Rogers are going to be on the roster next year. Dont forget about them

I wouldn't say thats an absolute guarantee. Neither has shown anything to preclude them from being cut. Depends on how much of an over haul the new FO wants at the position. Even if they are, ellington can only be counted on for about 6 games, and probably only 2 quarters of each of those lol

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Ellington - 19 catches total in his 3 NFL seasons. I'm thinking he will have a very hard time making the roster. I expect to sign FAs or draft rookies that will knock a couple guiys we have now off the roster. I see Patton is a FA. He's OK as a 4th or 5th WR but maybe somebody will pick him up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I wouldn't say thats an absolute guarantee. Neither has shown anything to preclude them from being cut. Depends on how much of an over haul the new FO wants at the position. Even if they are, ellington can only be counted on for about 6 games, and probably only 2 quarters of each of those lol

Yea I'm not sure any of the WRs on our team right now other than Torrey Smith will be on our roster next year. I fully expect Aldrick Robinson to come over from ATL since he followed Shanahan there from Washington. I'd like to see another WR added in FA, preferably Jeffery although I'd be good with Woods or Garçon, and atleast one probably two rookies brought in via the draft.

So that would give us a WR corps of Smith, Jeffery/Woods/Garçon, Robinson, rookie, rookie. Maybe we keep 6 WRs but that only leaves room for one, maybe two guys if we only draft one WR or sign one FA WR, that are currently on our team. But there is no question that position needs an overhaul, we've had the worst WR corps for a couple of years now and plenty of guys who have failed year after year to take advantage of a depleted depth chart, mainly Ellington, Patton and Smelter. We might try to find out what Rogers is actually about and Kerley although nothing special would be an adequate depth WR. Those two would have my vote. But by no means do I want us to depend or need one of those two guys to step up. I'd rather have them be our 5 and 6 WRs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Bruce Ellington - 19 catches total in his 3 NFL seasons. I'm thinking he will have a very hard time making the roster. I expect to sign FAs or draft rookies that will knock a couple guiys we have now off the roster. I see Patton is a FA. He's OK as a 4th or 5th WR but maybe somebody will pick him up.

I could see him going to NE and being a productive receiver. Brady obviously makes most all of his receivers look good, but Patton seems like he'd fit in really well there.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good topic to read about in here. My opinion is that Torrey needs to go, he just isn't that good. Kerley would be ok to keep because he plays hard and will be a cheap 3/4 WR. The rest of the guys can leave for all I care. I am intrigued by Rogers, is he signed with us thru next season? If he is I'd keep him too. Patton sucks, Ellington has potential but never healthy, Smelter is someone I don't think will ever be anything in the NFL. I agree with the statement that our guys sucked because they were playing at levels they shouldn't play at but for the most part our WRs stink.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say anyone has to go, in the sense that we don't need to cut them just for the sake of it. Several will likely go, but we don't need to release anyone to save money. We have plenty of it. The way these guys will go will be by being displaced. We don't need to cut Torrey until he's #4 in the depth chart, in my opinion. Now, if someone offers something for him in a trade, that's an entire different story. But just plain cutting him, no way. If we sign two better receiver FAs and draft a WR in the first three rounds, then sure, let's cut him. But there's no reason to cut any of these guys before they've been displaced.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: