Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater likely to miss 2017 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footbull3196 wrote:

That being said, a healthy Bridgewater is still a downgrade from Bradford. I don't see any reason to bring Bridgewater back to the Vikings in 2018, and I think they realized that as well when they made the trade for Bradford. You can't live and die on a noodle arm, just ask the Chiefs. Bradford proved more last season than Bridgewater ever did at any point in time prior to that

Highly disagree. Having watched every game from the past few seasons more than once, I'd take Teddy over Bradford any day, and that's not even accounting for the fact that Teddy was looking like he was poised for a big step up in the preseason before getting hurt.

Not saying Bradford is the worst but he so rarely makes plays when things aren't perfect, something Teddy was more than capable of. The offense just never asked him to do much very often, but when it did he was fine. Teddy could make plays and had a certain baller quality about him. Bradford is absolutely flat.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
This'll pretty much ruin any chance of him developing into anything more than a game manager.

The Bradford trade is looking better by the minute even if the price was rather hefty.

If he is able to come back without any limitations then I don't see how this is true.

It's still a bad trade regardless.

He wouldn't have been able to practice on an NFL roster for 2 years. That makes it as hard as it gets at a position where you need all the reps.

I mean, what do you really expect for him going forward?

If he comes back full health then he's gonna be rusty for sure but it doesn't mean he's gonna be rusty forever.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Does anyone have a video of the injury?

it was so gruesome, that many Viking teammates were vomiting on the field after witnessing it. and these are guys who deal with injuries to themselves and others on a regular basis through their careers.

regardless of its severity, and it WAS severe, the original report that he definitely will not play in 2017 has been debunked. the real report from the Vikings is they have no idea when he may play again. it might be in in 2017, it might not, but no one medically can state its timetable with any assurance.
Don't think I heard the vomiting part. Probably a good thing it wasn't caught on tape. Brutal. If Bridge ever comes back from this, it'll be insanely impressive. I don't know how anyone won't be pulling for the guy.

The NFL has tape of it and the Vikings do. But that ain't being released unless it is leaked. Part of me wants to see it because it was freaky but the other part just don't wanna see it. Isnt that vomiting rumour not true?

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
This'll pretty much ruin any chance of him developing into anything more than a game manager.

The Bradford trade is looking better by the minute even if the price was rather hefty.

If he is able to come back without any limitations then I don't see how this is true.

It's still a bad trade regardless.

He wouldn't have been able to practice on an NFL roster for 2 years. That makes it as hard as it gets at a position where you need all the reps.

I mean, what do you really expect for him going forward?

If he comes back full health then he's gonna be rusty for sure but it doesn't mean he's gonna be rusty forever.

Nope...at least if the Wizard of Oz taught us anything.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more than willing to trade Romo to the Vikings for a 1st and a 4th. Just saying...

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Is he under contract with the Vikings through 2018?
Only if they pick up his 5th year option. Gotta think they won't at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
People are acting like he was the 2nd coming. He was not impressive when he did play.

Perhaps not but nobody deserves that kind of an injury. I can't even imagine what he is going thru...

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
People are acting like he was the 2nd coming.

exaggerate much? no one has said he was elite or exceptional.

he was improving and had promise, that's all.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan89 wrote:
Is there anything new or just more speech speculation?

the only thing that is new is that there is no timetable for his return, his future is uncertain and non predictable at this point. anyone in the press stating something definitive is just making it up.

Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is continuing his rehab from a devastating knee injury without a set timeline, sources told the Star Tribune. During his season-ending press conference Jan. 3, head coach Mike Zimmer said he had not been given a timetable for Bridgewater’s return. The nature of Bridgewater’s injury makes it difficult to predict if and when he’ll be able to resume his football career, Zimmer said.

Due to a May deadline, the Vikings will have to make a decision on whether to exercise Bridgewater’s fifth-year option before he’s recovered. Otherwise Bridgewater, the 32nd-overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, would be a free agent after next season.

Bleacher Report reported Friday that Bridgewater would “likely miss the entire 2017 season.” Star Tribune sources disputed that assertion.

http://www.startribune.com/source-teddy-bridgewater-still-rehabbing-from-knee-injury-with-no-set-timeline/411993436/

i mean, he might very well miss the entire 2017 season. he might never play again. but no one can state that definitively right now.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to piece together how all that happened on a routine drop back. Hoping for a full recovery for him...

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
I'm still trying to piece together how all that happened on a routine drop back. Hoping for a full recovery for him...

Hard telling, cleat stuck with leg at an awkward position, the ACL may have tore or some other ligaments tore weakening the knee and his body weight did the rest. Probably just a freak thing but he may have been susceptible to it with just how he is made.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Hard telling, cleat stuck with leg at an awkward position, the ACL may have tore or some other ligaments tore weakening the knee and his body weight did the rest. Probably just a freak thing but he may have been susceptible to it with just how he is made.

All I have heard is that it involved tripping of some sort.

tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's to bad. Guy's a very talented player, hate to see all that go because of injury.

Courtesy of an online joke search
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
It's to bad. Guy's a very talented player, hate to see all that go because of injury.

I feel bad for TB and feel like he was a respectable kid. But how was he a "very talented" player?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

All I have heard is that it involved tripping of some sort.

I think this was the case.

Alex Boone said in an interview that at the time it was a non contact drill, Teddy dropped back to pass, and (supposedly, since he didn't see it) planted awkwardly causing the horrific injury. when he looked bad, he didn't know if Teddy was joking or not, until he heard him screaming.

I feel awful for him. If this is true, then thats even worse. my guess was he'd be on the PUP list this year and come back midseason. nothing has been confirmed though according to the team.

I preferred him over Bradford and thought he'd take that next step this year. Bradford isn't a bad option, but he needs a lot of help around him for him to be successful, or he'll go into a shell (like he did at Chicago, at Philly and vs Indy). Teddy could at least play under tough pressure.

hope he comes back and has a good career in the NFL, whether it's with the Vikings or not.

Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: