Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater likely to miss 2017 season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.J. Jenkins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater likely to miss 2017 season Reply with quote

Per Bleacher Report's Jason Cole

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/01/report-bridgewater-likely-miss-entire-2017-season/
Tyty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess that trade wasn't the worst decision then
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said in the original thread he would never play another down for the Vikings.

Laughing
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel bad for the kid, he was just starting to come along. Here's hoping he can make a huge comeback in 2018

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
49ereasons

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what the Vikings move will be once he's healthy, obviously is tied to Bradford's performance next year. How do you guys feel about Bradford? I know a lot was made of his completion percentage record, good and bad.
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ereasons wrote:
Wonder what the Vikings move will be once he's healthy, obviously is tied to Bradford's performance next year. How do you guys feel about Bradford? I know a lot was made of his completion percentage record, good and bad.

I was personally fairly disappointed in Bradford. I know that the offense had a lot of problems bigger than him, but there is nothing about his game that says anything remotely like "winner". He has some of the worst pocket presence of any QB in the league and when you compound that with our poor o-line, it's just bad. All the completion % means nothing if you can't move the ball down the field and into the endzone, which he very, very rarely did.

I'm hoping and praying that Teddy comes back, because I honestly think he was on track to becoming much better than Bradford has ever been in his long career. I'm just not optimistic though. Two years is a long time to be away from the game as a QB. He's young, and possibly the most likeable player the Vikings have had in a over a decade though. He's an incredibly hard worker and has a ton of integrity. The Vikings need him back.

Last edited by SammyBradwater on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that sucks, feel for Teddy man. Has to be rough, I hope he bounces back and enjoys a long career.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such terrible news for a young player.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The talk at the time it happened was he'd likely miss the next two seasons, so this isn't a huge surprise.

Long term, it is better for him to get completely healthy and come back hungry having missed football.

I don't think this is news to the Vikings. It certainly justifies the trade for Bradford.
G

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCKS!!!
I like the guy but if out for two seasons I'd expect another season of 'rust' after that. At least he is already in the NFL. I feel really bad when players get hurt in college especially right before the end of the season. Jaylon Smith stands out for me and I understand players who don't play in bowl games for fear of injury. Kudos to those who still do play even if they aren't in the top 4 teams. Jake Butt will be interesting to see where he's drafted. My Raiders still drafted Joseph but he was hurt early in season. I would have waited til 2nd round but it's all good. Reggie has more hits than misses. I wanted him to trade up for Teddy but getting Carr in the 2nd worked out GREAT!!!
MWil23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is truly terrible.

Unfortunately I was pretty sure this was the case when I heard that the clincher for the Bradford trade was that Sam had "a second year" on his contract.

I hope he's able to play again and I hope he's able to get back to where he needs to be. Unfortunately, this seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be expected. You don't intentionally trade a first round pick for a one year rental. They traded for Bradford to be a long term answer at QB. Sad

Hopefully Teddy has not seen the field for the last time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the realistic best case scenario was that Teddy came back halfway though the 2017 season so even then in all likelihood he wouldn't have played in 2017 or at least wouldn't have been the starter.

This isn't enlightening news really just confirming what was expected.

The body will heal for the most part, we'll have to see if the mental side of this becomes an issue for Teddy. I know with that kind of pain there has to be a part of you telling yourself not to put yourself in that position again and with it being a non-contact injury it may take some time and a lot of drop backs to get over that fear.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That had to have been the worst ACL year in history if he's missing two full seasons. Have the other ligament damage been made public?

mike23md

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: