Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys off-season-what would you do?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Cowboys off-season-what would you do? Reply with quote

I have been to this site about a dozen times a day only to see that there isn't much going on right now, as expected. So I thought it might be fun to just put some ideas out there regarding the Cowboys off-season moves.

They could be anything from what you think ACTUALLY might happen to what you think would be fun to see happen, but try to keep it in the realm of possibility, please no "The Cowboys trade Romo for Brady" scenarios or things like that.

You can include trades, mock drafts, cuts, anything like that, but again, try to keep it in the realm of possibility.

So, here goes and this isn't complete, just a few thoughts that I think would be pretty cool.

1. Cowboys trade Romo to Denver for DE Derek Wolfe and a third round pick. (Reason being, Denver, I believe, has two 3rd round comp picks. I know they cannot be traded so we take their 3rd round pick at #84, I believe it is.)

2. Cowboys sign WR D. Jackson. This would help stretch the field and keep him out of the hands of divisional opponents. A combination of O. Beckham and D. Jackson is frightening.

3. The Cowboys lose R. Leary in FA to the Iggles, not fun but a likely possibility as they NEED huge upgrades on the O line and they are talking ONLY about WR in the 1st round. This move would strengthen them while potentially weaking us.

Our draft board would now be:

1st

2nd

3rd

3rd

4th

6th

7th

7th.

Again, this is just a start, I will be back to add some mock draft picks in a few weeks. But, with nothing else to do, have at it.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it so far. Wolfe is a versatile piece along the DL, and I think him plus a 3rd is fair value if we're able to trade Romo. I also love signing Jackson as WR2. His speed adds another dimension to an already dynamic offense. Sets us up nicely to go BPA throughout the draft.

^El Ramster

Adopt a Cowboy - Tyrone Crawford - 28 Tackles | 8 TFL | 4.5 Sacks | 22 Hurries

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you CAN trade comp picks this year, DaveO.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I believe you CAN trade comp picks this year, DaveO.

I think you're right, new this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay the hell away from Jackson. He's always hurt. Let him go back to the Beagles.

------------------------------------------------------
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys off-season-what would you do? Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
I have been to this site about a dozen times a day only to see that there isn't much going on right now, as expected. So I thought it might be fun to just put some ideas out there regarding the Cowboys off-season moves.

They could be anything from what you think ACTUALLY might happen to what you think would be fun to see happen, but try to keep it in the realm of possibility, please no "The Cowboys trade Romo for Brady" scenarios or things like that.

You can include trades, mock drafts, cuts, anything like that, but again, try to keep it in the realm of possibility.

So, here goes and this isn't complete, just a few thoughts that I think would be pretty cool.

1. Cowboys trade Romo to Denver for DE Derek Wolfe and a third round pick. (Reason being, Denver, I believe, has two 3rd round comp picks. I know they cannot be traded so we take their 3rd round pick at #84, I believe it is.)

2. Cowboys sign WR D. Jackson. This would help stretch the field and keep him out of the hands of divisional opponents. A combination of O. Beckham and D. Jackson is frightening.

3. The Cowboys lose R. Leary in FA to the Iggles, not fun but a likely possibility as they NEED huge upgrades on the O line and they are talking ONLY about WR in the 1st round. This move would strengthen them while potentially weaking us.

1st

2nd

3rd

3rd

4th

6th

7th

7th.

Again, this is just a start, I will be back to add some mock draft picks in a few weeks. But, with nothing else to do, have at it.

Not sure Denver would weaken their front to rent a QB even though it could put them back into contention but I do think Denver along with Houston is the most likely landing spots. I think a 2nd or 3rd gets Romo outright because the Cowboys probably cannot keep him on the books much past the new league year and sign free agents.

Trade Romo for 2nd this and conditional 2nd next to Denver.
Sign Cordarelle Patterson/Kendall Wright one of these WR's
Sign Demarcus Ware DE
Re-sign Barry Church
Re-sign Carr(if he is free)
Leary goes to Denver
Lawrence is not signed and fails another test
Gregory is still suspended
Witten is released and goes to Denver as well.

Draft.
1. David Njoku-if he falls to us.
2. Demarcus Walker DE FSU with Denvers 2nd
3. Adam Bisnowaty OT Pitt with our own 2nd
4. Eddie Jackson S Alabama in the 3rd

Thanks to Uncle Buck on the sig
Trapt32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo is traded to the Steelers after roethlisberger retires for Stephon Tuitt, at 2017 2nd and a conditional 2018 3rd that goes to a 2nd if romo leads the steelers to the playoffs and a 1st if they go to the Super Bowl, the reason we get this is due to a biding war between Houston, and Pittsburgh

we resign J. Cooper and let Leary go
let all other free agents walk

Restructure
T. Smith
T. Frederick
D. Bryant
J. Witten

Extend Martin

Sign
K. Stills or J. Hunter at WR
Jahleel Addae or T. Jefferson at Safety
Dre Kirkpatrick, Ross, Cockrell, and DJ Hayden at CB

Draft
1. #28: J. Peppers LB
2. #60: Adoree Jackson CB/KR
2. #62: Nazair Jones DE/DT
3. #92: Dede Westbrook WR
4. #123: Jake Butt TE

Notables drafted later to us
J. Mixon
Ben Boulware
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt32 wrote:
Romo is traded to the Steelers after roethlisberger retires for Stephon Tuitt, at 2017 2nd and a conditional 2018 3rd that goes to a 2nd if romo leads the steelers to the playoffs and a 1st if they go to the Super Bowl, the reason we get this is due to a biding war between Houston, and Pittsburgh

we resign J. Cooper and let Leary go
let all other free agents walk

Restructure
T. Smith
T. Frederick
D. Bryant
J. Witten

Extend Martin

Sign
K. Stills or J. Hunter at WR
Jahleel Addae or T. Jefferson at Safety
Dre Kirkpatrick, Ross, Cockrell, and DJ Hayden at CB

Draft
1. #28: J. Peppers LB
2. #60: Adoree Jackson CB/KR
2. #62: Nazair Jones DE/DT
3. #92: Dede Westbrook WR
4. #123: Jake Butt TE

Notables drafted later to us
J. Mixon
Ben Boulware

Nice work! Pittsburgh huh? Didn't see that one coming.

A complete overhaul of the secondary, not sure how that will work out but it is still interesting.

Still, I would like to get a veteran Pass Rusher in there somewhere that is good for about 5-7 sacks a year. Add that to whatever Tapper can bring and a hopeful high draft pick and perhaps we have something.

But all in all, nice work.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys off-season-what would you do? Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:

1st

2nd

3rd

3rd

4th

6th

7th

7th.

In light of the fact that Carson Palmer just sold his house in Arizona and is considering retirement, I will alter one of my predictions.

1. Cowboys trade Romo to Arizona for DE Calias Campbell and a fifth round pick this year and a conditional mid round pick next year (4th or 5th).
CowboysFan96

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream scenario is for the cowboys to keep the following players

Resigned players

Romo (he restructures to stay)
Ronald Leary returns on team friendly deal
D. Jackson - 3yr 21mill
Barry Church- 4yr 28mill

We then draft a DE in the first, and a RT in the second round.
CowboysFan96

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at our cap, it will be hard to keep Romo. However, one injury to Dak, and its another wasted season. We need a starting Right tackle, and if Romo goes, I would want to grab one in the first round and cut Doug Free. He cost Dak turnovers this year and got us killed vs the Vikings in the playoffs years ago. In fact, Doug frees man injured romo
resilient

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysFan96 wrote:

Resigned players

D. Jackson - 3yr 21mill
Barry Church- 4yr 28mill

There is no way Romo will "restructure " to be a backup. And yes having Romo as a backup would be nice, but its a luxury we can not afford. But stranger things have happened.
CowboysFan96

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:

Resigned players

D. Jackson - 3yr 21mill
Barry Church- 4yr 28mill

There is no way Romo will "restructure " to be a backup. And yes having Romo as a backup would be nice, but its a luxury we can not afford. But stranger things have happened.

Maybe over the offseason Romo will realize he can make millions of dollars without the risk of damaging his body for the long term. I believe we are only a few pieces from contending for the superbowl. If Romo goes, we need a good backup.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy that the cowboys NEED to get Romo off the books. Sure it would free up some cap, but not so much that we become a big fish in FA. We'll still be broke. The team was already prepared to carry Romo and his salary in 2017. They have restructures in place to do it.

Dak Prescott being the starter doesn’t cost us more money. We were planning on having Dak and Romo on the roster in 2017 together anyway.

Sure we would be paying our backup starter money, but we are paying our starter backup money so it evens out. We don't save that much by getting rid of him, and he's an elite backup. If a team wants to trade us then fine, but im getting less less willing to just let Romo go and still be broke compared to other teams. All because this new rhetoric that we HAVE to. Like Dak and Romo would be fine salary wise if Romo was the starter, but now that Dak is we can't afford them both.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysFan96 wrote:

Resigned players

D. Jackson - 3yr 21mill
Barry Church- 4yr 28mill

I would smh so hard at this

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: