FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

2017 Patriots Offseason thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So y'all's Super Bowl rings have 283 diamonds? That's beyond amazing.
iothar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Harris?
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iothar wrote:
David Harris?

Doubt he gets a ton of playing time since he's too slow to cover anyone. Could be useful in obvious run situation tho.

Mack on the sig
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
iothar wrote:
David Harris?

Doubt he gets a ton of playing time since he's too slow to cover anyone. Could be useful in obvious run situation tho.

Almost every Patriot defender is a role player thought, minus the few studs like Hightower. I think this is a really valuable addition that will help in the run defense and a good rotational player with experience that we can keep fresh throughout the year subbing in other guys. Strong move IMO

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fairly regular BB move. He likes having smart veteran LBs around. Jets fans say Harris is done, but as a cheap move to get a mentor for young players it makes a good deal of sense.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
derekstanggt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
A fairly regular BB move. He likes having smart veteran LBs around. Jets fans say Harris is done, but as a cheap move to get a mentor for young players it makes a good deal of sense.
Exactly my thoughts. If he can clog running lanes on 1st down, and help coach up Roberts and Langi, he's easily worth 3m/yr. Would love to see him win a ring as well, lots of respect for him after seeing him play over the years.

EDIT: Even better

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 8m8 minutes ago

New Patriot LB David Harris got a two-year, $5 million deal. Up to $1.75 million in incentives. $1.25 million guaranteed.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the move. Adds veteran leadership and depth at a area where it was really needed.

This team is stupid stacked.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For real guys, what's the plan with Jimmy G? I'm sure the Pats have one, but I can't figure it out. The only option to keep him after next year will be to tag him. He's not signing long term unless the Pats are pushing Tom Brady out the door. But a super bowl favorite tying up $22M on a player who isn't likely to contribute to the title that year, doesn't make sense. And that likely leads to the same scenario for 2019 with his value further declining. So, tagging him and then trading him right away, has to be the only plausible outcome right?

And if that's the answer, it would have been more profitable to trade a younger, cheaper Garoppolo, for rookie draft picks who would help sooner in this Brady super bowl window.

What am I missing?
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
For real guys, what's the plan with Jimmy G? I'm sure the Pats have one, but I can't figure it out. The only option to keep him after next year will be to tag him. He's not signing long term unless the Pats are pushing Tom Brady out the door. But a super bowl favorite tying up $22M on a player who isn't likely to contribute to the title that year, doesn't make sense. And that likely leads to the same scenario for 2019 with his value further declining. So, tagging him and then trading him right away, has to be the only plausible outcome right?

And if that's the answer, it would have been more profitable to trade a younger, cheaper Garoppolo, for rookie draft picks who would help sooner in this Brady super bowl window.

What am I missing?

I think they genuinely see a possibility of him playing here after Brady is gone. The roster, outside of Brady, is pretty deep and very young. If Brady wins another SB and rides off into the sunset, or (touch wood) he breaks his leg in the preseason, then JG is there to ensure a smooth transition.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

What am I missing?

I think they genuinely see a possibility of him playing here after Brady is gone. The roster, outside of Brady, is pretty deep and very young. If Brady wins another SB and rides off into the sunset, or (touch wood) he breaks his leg in the preseason, then JG is there to ensure a smooth transition.

So do you think that could happen as soon as next year? Or do you think they are willing to tag him for a couple years despite being a backup?
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

What am I missing?

So do you think that could happen as soon as next year? Or do you think they are willing to tag him for a couple years despite being a backup?

I honestly don't know. It will all depend on how this year goes.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
It will all depend on how this year goes.

I think this has been BB's mindset the whole time on this situation. Obviously just speculation on my part, but I truly think he believes he just doesn't have the information he feels he needs to make a decision about Jimmy G until after this season.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
It will all depend on how this year goes.

I think this has been BB's mindset the whole time on this situation. Obviously just speculation on my part, but I truly think he believes he just doesn't have the information he feels he needs to make a decision about Jimmy G until after this season.

Ive also heard another theory: it's been Brady's plan to retire after next year all along. Brady keeps saying he wants to play another 5 years to hide the fact. He doesn't want the distraction for him or the team. Again that's just a theory floating around. Theres a few things that don't make sense with that theory but I guess it's marginally plausible.

Mack on the sig
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reiss is indicating Gillislee could be in for an LGB type of season with a lot of goal-line work. I am hoping the Patriots actually use Rex Burkhead too though. I really want to see him get more work.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
bigc421

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
Reiss is indicating Gillislee could be in for an LGB type of season with a lot of goal-line work. I am hoping the Patriots actually use Rex Burkhead too though. I really want to see him get more work.

Is that the roll of pound it up the .....oh nm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: