Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Patriots Offseason thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happens with Butler is fine with me. Only other thing I want is to move Jimmy for a first. Maybe that's more likely on draft day.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
At what point do the vets like Chris Long who finally want to win start lining up for 1 year deals?

There are a lot of vet edge players still out there. Guys who might be good if they are limited to situational rushing roles. Freeney lobbied to come here last year, I'm sure there will be others who do the same this year.
biggbrd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
biggbrd wrote:
People reporting that Hightower likely to make his decision today... Man I hope it's us.

And now my entire day at work will be checking up on this while hiding it from my boss Confused

Lol sounds like most of my days... Did the boss catch you? :p Worth it though.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggbrd wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
biggbrd wrote:
People reporting that Hightower likely to make his decision today... Man I hope it's us.

And now my entire day at work will be checking up on this while hiding it from my boss Confused

Lol sounds like most of my days... Did the boss catch you? :p Worth it though.

Naaaaaahhh

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
m haynes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady's jersey found

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-super-bowl-jersey-stolen-found-located-032017
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Brady's jersey found

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-super-bowl-jersey-stolen-found-located-032017

They found both that jersey and the one from the Seahawks Super Bowl in the possession of a "credentialed member of the international media". Think
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belichick reportedly told Revis years ago his game wouldnt translate to playing safety. I think most people who have watched him play could say that... hopefully it ends speculation that he is coming here, because I do not want to pay him more than the Jets 6 mil hook.

Sigs-Taking Requests
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From most important to least important how would you rate to date the off season signings?
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
From most important to least important how would you rate to date the off season signings?

1. Hightower - most important beyond question. I doubt that's up for debate.

2. Gilmore - second most important, if Butler is leaving. If Butler ends up staying this could drop a few spots.

3. Dwayne Allen - Bennett was a key cog, both as blocker and playmaker, last year. With his departure, and Gronk's injury record, getting a versatile veteran TE was crucial. He's a downgrade from Bennett, but a decent starter and an exceptional number two.

4. Kony Ealy - his ranking is more about positio than talent. An average starter, who has flashed on the big stage, he comes in as both veteran starters depart. Without Ealy the DE depth chart would be paper-thin. Hopefully there's another move in this area to come.

5. Lawrence Guy - Pass rushing interior lineman, a valuable addition on a defense where interior rush was by far the weakest aspect.

6. Rex Burkhead - Widely considered the best RB on the Bengal's roster where he was robbed of touches due to draft position, Burkhead may walk into a starters role with the Patriots. There's no word on Blount re-signing, and neither Lewis nor White are viable starters for various reasons.

7. Branch - Exceptional against the run in the 2016. Decent starter and a good rotational piece on the line.

8. Duron Harmon - A very, very good third safety, could probably have been a starter elsewhere (no idea why his market wasn't bigger, but the league's loss is the Pats' gain). Allows the DC to come up with some exotic coverages and blitzes from the 3 safety package.

9. Cooks - the biggest headline of the off-season is ranked last, for me. It's a paradox, because Cooks is (probably) the most talented player on this list. But, the struggles of other WRs to pick up the system, and the relative depth at the position, means I just can't rank him higher than this. The others are all either known-quantities or big positional needs. Put it this way, if one of these players were to retire tomorrow, I think the loss of Cooks would be the least detrimental to the teams SB chances.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

1. Hightower - most important beyond question. I doubt that's up for debate.

2. Gilmore - second most important, if Butler is leaving. If Butler ends up staying this could drop a few spots.

3. Dwayne Allen - Bennett was a key cog, both as blocker and playmaker, last year. With his departure, and Gronk's injury record, getting a versatile veteran TE was crucial. He's a downgrade from Bennett, but a decent starter and an exceptional number two.

4. Kony Ealy - his ranking is more about positio than talent. An average starter, who has flashed on the big stage, he comes in as both veteran starters depart. Without Ealy the DE depth chart would be paper-thin. Hopefully there's another move in this area to come.

5. Lawrence Guy - Pass rushing interior lineman, a valuable addition on a defense where interior rush was by far the weakest aspect.

6. Rex Burkhead - Widely considered the best RB on the Bengal's roster where he was robbed of touches due to draft position, Burkhead may walk into a starters role with the Patriots. There's no word on Blount re-signing, and neither Lewis nor White are viable starters for various reasons.

7. Branch - Exceptional against the run in the 2016. Decent starter and a good rotational piece on the line.

8. Duron Harmon - A very, very good third safety, could probably have been a starter elsewhere (no idea why his market wasn't bigger, but the league's loss is the Pats' gain). Allows the DC to come up with some exotic coverages and blitzes from the 3 safety package.

9. Cooks - the biggest headline of the off-season is ranked last, for me. It's a paradox, because Cooks is (probably) the most talented player on this list. But, the struggles of other WRs to pick up the system, and the relative depth at the position, means I just can't rank him higher than this. The others are all either known-quantities or big positional needs. Put it this way, if one of these players were to retire tomorrow, I think the loss of Cooks would be the least detrimental to the teams SB chances.

Wow, my list is pretty much the opposite.

1. Hightower
2. Cooks
3. Gilmore
4. Branch
5. Harmon
6. Allen
7. Burkhead
8. Ealy
9. Guy

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hightower
2. Gilmore
3. Cooks
4. Branch
5. Harmon
6. Burkhead
7. Allen
8. Ealy
9. Guy

Sigs-Taking Requests
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
1. Hightower
2. Gilmore
3. Cooks
4. Branch
5. Harmon
6. Burkhead
7. Allen
8. Ealy
9. Guy

I think I agree more with this list all things considered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
1. Hightower
2. Gilmore
3. Cooks
4. Branch
5. Harmon
6. Burkhead
7. Allen
8. Ealy
9. Guy

1. Donta' ( A Leader on the D and knows the system)

2. Gilmore ( IMO as good as Butler and a need in place when Butler leaves)

3. Branch ( I know he is long in the tooth but he was the plug we needed in middle.

4. Allen ( Our offense works like magic with two quality TEs )

5. Ealy ( We needed help on the edge a nice piece)

6. Harmon ( A system guy knows the ropes and a quality player.)

7. Guy ( We need more pass rush up the middle )

8. Cooks ( Will stretch the field and open things for the TEs just not a real need at the position IMO)

9. Burkhead. ( Lack of quality game exp, we have pass catching RBs not a need or quality replacement should we loose LaGarrette.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
1. Hightower
2. Gilmore
3. Cooks
4. Branch
5. Harmon
6. Burkhead
7. Allen
8. Ealy
9. Guy

Agree with the top 5. I'd put Guy and Burkhead before Allen and Ealy, but all nine can be really quality players for us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaffney has been waived

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 31 of 36

Jump to: