You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Patriots Offseason thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Really hope the Pats aren't tethered to the idea that Shaq Mason is a long term starting RG for this team. The Andrews/Mason combo is pretty shaky.
I think they should have other options available, sure, but Mason made such huge strides this year, it feels kneejerk to call for his ouster because of one bad game.

Andrews was the weak link in the OL all season. Can definitely stand to upgrade there.
Dan_Bali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running back. LB should be upgraded on.

Linebacker.

kicker- Gost has been bad for 2 years now.

re-sign Bennett, Butler and Ryan

Trade Jimmy G and draft a pass rusher.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the "get a new kicker" stuff dies early in the offseason.

Gostkowski struggled this year at times. Even shaky Gostkowski better than just about any realistic alternative.
Dan_Bali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

Gostkowski struggled this year at times. Even shaky Gostkowski better than just about any realistic alternative.

Dude... he probably cost us a great chance at a SB last year with his miss in Denver. And then he misses an extra point today forcing us to go for 2 with essentially the last meaningful play of regular time. These are the fine lines that Championships are often won and lost on. I'm fairly sure Belichick will be seriously giving thought to a replacement.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

We'll have to get competition for Gost and he may get a reworked deal.

We'll probably see a kicker get picked up late in the draft or as an udfa

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan_Bali wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Dude... he probably cost us a great chance at a SB last year with his miss in Denver. And then he misses an extra point today forcing us to go for 2 with essentially the last meaningful play of regular time. These are the fine lines that Championships are often won and lost on. I'm fairly sure Belichick will be seriously giving thought to a replacement.

I bet you were calling for Vinatieri to be replaced in 2003 after he missed a chip shot and had a low kick blocked in the Super Bowl
Rolling Eyes

Serious question - how many good kickers do you think are available in the offseason? They're not going to draft one, and unless you think the Ravens or Cowboys are stupid enough to trade their kicker, you're not going to find one on the trade market.

Even if Gostkowski isn't a top 5 kicker in the NFL right now, he's young enough to rebound and even if he doesn't, he's top 20 anyway.

If they try to replace him, there's an 80%+ chance they get someone worse. There simply aren't many good kickers in the world and replacing a decent one (let alone a guy who was great very recently) is a terrible idea.
Dan_Bali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Dan_Bali wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

I bet you were calling for Vinatieri to be replaced in 2003 after he missed a chip shot and had a low kick blocked in the Super Bowl
Rolling Eyes

Serious question - how many good kickers do you think are available in the offseason? They're not going to draft one, and unless you think the Ravens or Cowboys are stupid enough to trade their kicker, you're not going to find one on the trade market.

Even if Gostkowski isn't a top 5 kicker in the NFL right now, he's young enough to rebound and even if he doesn't, he's top 20 anyway.

If they try to replace him, there's an 80%+ chance they get someone worse. There simply aren't many good kickers in the world and replacing a decent one (let alone a guy who was great very recently) is a terrible idea.

We'll see. There are obviously higher priorities, but if he continues to slide it's gonna become a problem.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/omnisport/e3/13/patriots-win-020517-usnews-getty-ftr_1ryac4xxlxiyk1lno3yobst68u.jpg?t=290322882&w=960&quality=70[/img]

We did it! James White played incredible. Trey Flowers is a revelation. Tom Brady is the goat.

We need a clear upgrade at LB next season though.
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Really hope the Pats aren't tethered to the idea that Shaq Mason is a long term starting RG for this team. The Andrews/Mason combo is pretty shaky.
I think they should have other options available, sure, but Mason made such huge strides this year, it feels kneejerk to call for his ouster because of one bad game.

Andrews was the weak link in the OL all season. Can definitely stand to upgrade there.

Yeah I thought Mason had a very good year and played like a very good RG for portions of it. I think he's a better RG than Andrews is a C.

I hope we bring Bennett back. I expect Floyd to be back and us to franchise Hightower. Long I want back.

In the draft I hope we can get a high or mid first round pick and add Cunningham to LBers. Imo he'd be an excellent compliment w/ Hightower as a 3 down player. And I hope they add talent at DE/DT in the early rounds. I dont think Brown or Valentine are special.

Also please upgrade Blount. Honestly if Joe Mixon falls to the 3rd I'd probably take him.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After that game, we need to upgrade at LB terribly, clearly IMO. Zach Cunningham is everything I want. At least his name isn't Jermaine..
Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta draft a three down back semi-early for sure. we can't keep trotting blount out there moving slower than george bush sr in a wheel chair.

would love another interior olinemen. blue collar guard/center.

defense.... yikes. d tackles have been needing an upgrade for forever. i like the back end of the defense tho. maybe another linebacker/defensive end alongside flowers.

with gronk back, we should be faves for another superbowl appearance. Very Happy
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think safety may be something that needs to be addressed.

I expect Harmon to take a sizable FA deal and start somewhere - that leaves us with essentially Chung, McCourty, and Richards. Harmon played more of a typical S role while Chung would do dirty work and cover TEs, so losing him is bigger than I think some realize. Richards hasn't shown enough to make me comfortable with him being on the field and Chung didn't exactly have is 2015 season.

Not sure it becomes a bigger need than pass rusher, DT, or RB, but it's up there unless Richards suddenly balls.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmon is great in that he gives us flexibility. He was really our nikel DB, as weird as that is. Still though, his importance is fairly overblown. He played in less than half of defensive snaps this season. While that isnt anything to sneeze at, Chung and McCourty were both in on more than double to amount of snaps.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Harmon is great in that he gives us flexibility. He was really our nikel DB, as weird as that is. Still though, his importance is fairly overblown. He played in less than half of defensive snaps this season. While that isnt anything to sneeze at, Chung and McCourty were both in on more than double to amount of snaps.

I'm not completely confident Chung, who'll be 30 by Week 1, will be as consistent as he's been for us over the past few years - his play dropped this season. That, and if we lost Harmon and rolled with Richards, all it'd take is one injury to McCourty to completely throw off the back end.

BB and Patricia would find ways around whatever scenario that'd come up, but I'd like to avoid Richards seeing 49% of the snaps the way Harmon did.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
Hunter2_1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what I'd like to see us get, a fast Linebacker (Shazier type) and a 3D running back who is reliable and dependable.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 2 of 37

Jump to: