You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Patriots Offseason thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: 2017 Patriots Offseason thread Reply with quote

The Pats season still has one more sort of important game to go, but the building of next year's roster is underway.

Quote:
The New England Patriots added some tight end depth Thursday, but it’s for the 2017 season. The Patriots signed tight end Rob Housler to a reserve/future contract. Housler can’t play for New England this postseason. Housler was selected 69th overall in the 2011 NFL Draft out of Florida Atlantic by the Arizona Cardinals. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound tight end has 109 career receptions for 1,166 yards with one touchdown in his five-year NFL career. He most recently was with the Chicago Bears and was released Sept. 3.

http://nesn.com/2017/01/patriots-sign-veteran-tight-end-rob-houser-to-reservefuture-contract/

Housler has been a giant flop thus far, but he's a warm body at a position with no healthy warm bodies under contract for 2017.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Patriots Offseason thread Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
The Pats season still has one more sort of important game to go, but the building of next year's roster is underway.

Quote:
The New England Patriots added some tight end depth Thursday, but it’s for the 2017 season. The Patriots signed tight end Rob Housler to a reserve/future contract. Housler can’t play for New England this postseason. Housler was selected 69th overall in the 2011 NFL Draft out of Florida Atlantic by the Arizona Cardinals. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound tight end has 109 career receptions for 1,166 yards with one touchdown in his five-year NFL career. He most recently was with the Chicago Bears and was released Sept. 3.

http://nesn.com/2017/01/patriots-sign-veteran-tight-end-rob-houser-to-reservefuture-contract/

Housler has been a giant flop thus far, but he's a warm body at a position with no healthy warm bodies under contract for 2017.

Cannon Fodder http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24856/

He does secure the ball.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember him with the Cardinals as just name in the huddle.

A warm body at a position of need, assuming all goes well with other players he probably doesn't make it out of camp.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd "I hope to be back in Foxboro. I love it here. I hope that I can make that happen."

1-year, prove it deal. Bank on it.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
Floyd "I hope to be back in Foxboro. I love it here. I hope that I can make that happen."

Im not convinced. If they cut ties with Amendola they could give Floyd 2-3 years on a team friendly deal as he has pretty much no leverage. That, of course, depends on how much they like what he is put on in practice since they claimed him.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
iothar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:

Im not convinced. If they cut ties with Amendola they could give Floyd 2-3 years on a team friendly deal as he has pretty much no leverage. That, of course, depends on how much they like what he is put on in practice since they claimed him.

Exactly. 2-3 year deal with a lot of incentives but no good money involved.
bruschidawg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we start thinking Blount's replacement? Some team's going to overpay for him after all of those TDs, I'd think. Anyone have any suggestions for who'd you like to see as a powerback for us?

Thanks to Tzimisce

bannanasrUSC wrote:
I guess I am a massive troll homer. Smile
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruschidawg wrote:
Should we start thinking Blount's replacement? Some team's going to overpay for him after all of those TDs, I'd think. Anyone have any suggestions for who'd you like to see as a powerback for us?

Doubt anyone is going to overpay for him. He hit the free market once already and it didn't work out all that well.

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:

I really think a 1-year deal after they let the legal situation play out is most likely, but we shall see.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats really like Dion Lewis. I think next year he'll be utilized way more. They give him plenty of carries to go along with his looks in the pass game. I could take another year of Blount or two though. But there are tons of RB prospects I like this year. I think it'd be great if we could snatch up Dont'a Foreman from Texas!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can give Lewis much more work than he's had this year since coming back from his injury. He's not an especially strong part of the pass offense - weak blocker, mediocre route runner, shaky hands, and he's not durable or safe enough with the ball to give him a ton of handoffs.

I think 12-18 touches per game is about all he can handle and I'd probably go towards the smaller end of that range. 2 catches and 10 rush attempts sounds about right for him.

He's a useful player but he really should get limited work. There are better options in both the pass and run game. He's a true change-up back.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruschidawg wrote:

They should try to find a replacement for the mediocre Blount but they seem tied to him. Probably a late round FA or undrafted guy to challenge him in camp. Makes more sense to carry a Blount backup than DJ Foster who is a waste of a roster spot right now.
DMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belichick should have his GM powers revoked if he fails to upgrade Blount.

And trade Brady and start the Jimmy G era.

This can't possibly be an autocorrect for Asante Samuel.....
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to have:

More talent in the front 7, including re-signing Hightower and adding a DT
Replace or re-sign at least one of Ryan/Harmon
Upgrade the running game
Bring back Bennett or invest heavily (1st round pick or veteran acquisition) in a starting TE

Would like to have:

Blount not re-signed
Another veteran WR or retain Amendola at a cheaper salary
Upgrade at center
A #3 TE who is a plus run blocker.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope the Pats aren't tethered to the idea that Shaq Mason is a long term starting RG for this team. The Andrews/Mason combo is pretty shaky.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: