Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Dontari Poe Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: The Dontari Poe Thread Reply with quote

Ok, Dontari Poe is one of the two big name Free Agents the Chiefs have this year. So let's keep all information, rumors etc. in one place. Please don't turn this thread into a Berry vs. Poe thread.

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, MUST see clear, undisputed evidence that all previous back issues are cleaned up and not a problem. Then, look at the depth we have across the front and decide how much ONE guy is worth. Plenty, I know....but at the expense of who or what? We had some pretty impressive play from some relatively unknowns this year. With everybody healthy, are we more concerned with the UNIT, or one man IN the unit?? And, NO, one man does not MAKE the unit. I want him back big time. Love Poe to pieces, but.......

Jus thoughts...
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much mileage on Poe now. Back injury only gets to be a bigger concern with time. Poe's playing at less effectiveness already. Save some Cap money and free a roster spot.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
I, for one, MUST see clear, undisputed evidence that all previous back issues are cleaned up and not a problem. Then, look at the depth we have across the front and decide how much ONE guy is worth. Plenty, I know....but at the expense of who or what? We had some pretty impressive play from some relatively unknowns this year. With everybody healthy, are we more concerned with the UNIT, or one man IN the unit?? And, NO, one man does not MAKE the unit. I want him back big time. Love Poe to pieces, but.......

Jus thoughts...

Well, I'd say if he's not 100% clear of the back issues, we can still sign him, just with the right protection against that risk, and balance it with upside incentives for him. Honestly that's the only way I see us re-signing him. If he is 100%, then he likely walks as we rightly choose the better overall player in Berry. Can't sign both to top dollar contracts IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY, REALLY hate to say (type) this. But unless we get an extremely team friendly deal, we should let him walk. It comes down to money and in 2018 we have a lot of players that will need to get new contracts. Hopefully he gets signed to an NFC team and we can get a 3rd round comp pick.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only comment on Poe is how much does he think he's worth. The back is worrisome only because he is constantly using it in the middle of the line.

But really the only thing I wonder is what does he want. 6-7 Mil I'd do it in a heartbeat. 8+ and I would prefer to let him leave. No fault to Poe because he's still good at his job, but he needs to bring back some of that explosiveness if he wants that much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt its Berry over Poe. Game tape backs this up as well. With that being said I would like to still keep him but his contract needs to be one that helps the team out a bit to make this viable.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, so as not to get Berry/Poe BOTH going here, let's look at who is available right now on the roster (injured or not) that would allow the UNIT to preform, through schemes and rotations, that would/could be AS effective without a "back damaged" and aging Poe.

My gut tells me that we could be pretty damn salty even without a less than "prime time" Poe. Thoughts..........
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Bailey and Howard look on track health wise, I honestly don't see justification for paying Poe. If he wants a friendly deal like those two guys got, I'd be down for that, but I doubt it. Some team out there will be willing to pay him $10M+ per year (Damon Harrison's contract plus slight inflation), and he is not worth that to us, unfortunately. We can lose Poe and still have Bailey, Howard, RNR, and Jones. And given the Poe really was not particularly productive last year, I don't see how he's worth the cost of two of those guys put together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Val, so as not to get Berry/Poe BOTH going here, let's look at who is available right now on the roster (injured or not) that would allow the UNIT to preform, through schemes and rotations, that would/could be AS effective without a "back damaged" and aging Poe.

My gut tells me that we could be pretty damn salty even without a less than "prime time" Poe. Thoughts..........

We have had guys step up so im not so worried there. Here is the funny thing about POE and how he is used. Supposed to plug gaps/mulitple blockers what not right... If this is the case then why do we allow so many running yards by opposing Offenses? Its weakness at ILB. I would rather loose Poe and get a legit ILB just saying.

jimmydee1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.... my thoughts exactly.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:

We have had guys step up so im not so worried there. Here is the funny thing about POE and how he is used. Supposed to plug gaps/mulitple blockers what not right... If this is the case then why do we allow so many running yards by opposing Offenses? Its weakness at ILB. I would rather loose Poe and get a legit ILB just saying.
well id rather keep Poe and get better ILBs but you can't always get what you want.
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
valkrei wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:

well id rather keep Poe and get better ILBs but you can't always get what you want.

no question we would want to keep poe and berry and get better at ILB.

mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading D.Poe will be released. Good. Can't afford Berry and Poe. Poe signing with another team should net KC a comp. pick.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Reading D.Poe will be released. Good. Can't afford Berry and Poe. Poe signing with another team should net KC a comp. pick.

No need to release him as the contract expired. And the Chiefs will receive a comp pick only if they don't sign any comp pick relevant free agent.

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: