Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Eric Berry Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 8925
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: The Eric Berry Thread Reply with quote

Ok, Eric Berry is one of the two big name Free Agents the Chiefs have this year. So let's keep all information, rumors etc. in one place. Please don't turn this thread into a Berry vs. Poe thread.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter:@KC_Guy

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 8925
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry declined to play at the Pro Bowl for personal reasons:

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0616017130642479406-4


Also mentioned talks his agent had with the Chiefs:

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0616017541180954934-4
_________________
Follow me on Twitter:@KC_Guy

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5895
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At event EB said missing Pro Bowl due to a family situation & is hoping to play for #Chiefs next year. His agent talked w/ team yesterday


Throw every KC area bank at this kid
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jimmydee1


Joined: 20 Sep 2013
Posts: 441
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it can all be worked out so that everybody is happy. For that to happen, both sides will have to leave something on the table. It's trite and pisses some folks off, but it IS a business....on both sides.

And Chiefs 82....if you throw all the banks at him it only leaves the out houses to throw at any/every body else. Are your SURE that's what you want?? Remember...unintended consequences.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mayanfootball


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 1447
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KC and Eric can reach a deal. I think they both want it. Looking forward to Eric playing some more years. A true team inspiration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 4900
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Hope it can all be worked out so that everybody is happy. For that to happen, both sides will have to leave something on the table. It's trite and pisses some folks off, but it IS a business....on both sides.

And Chiefs 82....if you throw all the banks at him it only leaves the out houses to throw at any/every body else. Are your SURE that's what you want?? Remember...unintended consequences.


It is a business, that is why you don't let him leave. Eric Berry is the Kansas City Chiefs. He's the soul of this team, not just defense.

Simply put, you keep employees that not only perform but also; bring out the best in others and are what you hope for future employees turn in to
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5895
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:
Hope it can all be worked out so that everybody is happy. For that to happen, both sides will have to leave something on the table. It's trite and pisses some folks off, but it IS a business....on both sides.

And Chiefs 82....if you throw all the banks at him it only leaves the out houses to throw at any/every body else. Are your SURE that's what you want?? Remember...unintended consequences.


It is a business, that is why you don't let him leave. Eric Berry is the Kansas City Chiefs. He's the soul of this team, not just defense.

Simply put, you keep employees that not only perform but also; bring out the best in others and are what you hope for future employees turn in to


Preach! As you said, he his the heartbeat of this team. They rally for him. As a player he checks every box you need him to check, as a man and person, he checks every box too.

He's a great kids with a great head on his shoulders and he loves KC (I believe) as much as KC loves him. You can't let a guy in his prime walk away to get other offers..you just cant..
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kingseanjohn


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 4907
Location: Global
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



I can't imagine him walking away. He'll get a new deal or the franchise tag again.
_________________


The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimmydee1


Joined: 20 Sep 2013
Posts: 441
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, please don't put words in my mouth. I'd LOVE to see him stay with a contract that is deserving, BUT, not at the expense of not doing complete due diligence in EVERY aspect of the deal. I agree with everything you all have said about him being THE team, as much as one man can be THE team, but in my 69 years on this round ball I know that occasionally things that both parties want, know is right, and should happen, just don't. So be prepared to trust/[inappropriate/removed] about a decision by FO that you may not agree with, because they know better than we.

Honestly, I'm as much concerned with Dorsey leaving for GB as I am about signing anybody. I realize that takes a lot of 'ginned up emotion' out of the equation, but think about it.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 8925
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

Would be stunned if Chiefs don't have Eric Berry locked up by franchise deadline. Sides very close on a 6yr deal worth massive $13M/year


Whoopsie ...
_________________
Follow me on Twitter:@KC_Guy

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5895
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

Would be stunned if Chiefs don't have Eric Berry locked up by franchise deadline. Sides very close on a 6yr deal worth massive $13M/year


Whoopsie ...


6/$78mil

I'd guess that at least half would be gtd
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 8925
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go:

Quote:
@AdamSchefter

Chiefs gave S Eric Berry a six-year, $78 million deal that includes $40 million guaranteed and a $20 mil signing bonus, per source.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter:@KC_Guy

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 8925
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let's do a bit of contract/cap maths:

6 year, 78 M$, 40 M$ guaranteed, 20 M$signing bonus, 30 M$ over first two years:

2017: 1 M$m$ Base Salary, 20 $ Signing bonus, cap: 4.33 M$
2018: 9 M$ base, cap: 12,33 M$
2019: 10 M$ base, cap 13.33 M$

At this point Berry will be 32 years old, and all guarantees have been paid.
From now on it's pay as you go ...

2020: 10 M$ base/roster bonus, cap 13.33 M$, dead: 10 M$
2021: 9 M$ base, cap 12.33 M$, dead: 6.66 M$
2022: 9 M$ base, cap 12.33 M$, dead 3.33 M$

I assume there will be a significant roster bonus in 2020 to force the team's hand early in offseason ...

I think this contract is basically a 3 yr, 40 M$ contract with three years of team options.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter:@KC_Guy

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5895
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Ok, let's do a bit of contract/cap maths:

6 year, 78 M$, 40 M$ guaranteed, 20 M$signing bonus, 30 M$ over first two years:

2017: 1 M$m$ Base Salary, 20 $ Signing bonus, cap: 4.33 M$
2018: 9 M$ base, cap: 12,33 M$
2019: 10 M$ base, cap 13.33 M$

At this point Berry will be 32 years old, and all guarantees have been paid.
From now on it's pay as you go ...

2020: 10 M$ base/roster bonus, cap 13.33 M$, dead: 10 M$
2021: 9 M$ base, cap 12.33 M$, dead: 6.66 M$
2022: 9 M$ base, cap 12.33 M$, dead 3.33 M$

I assume there will be a significant roster bonus in 2020 to force the team's hand early in offseason ...

I think this contract is basically a 3 yr, 40 M$ contract with three years of team options.


Is the signing bonus considered part of the gtd money?
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 8925
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Ok, let's do a bit of contract/cap maths:

6 year, 78 M$, 40 M$ guaranteed, 20 M$signing bonus, 30 M$ over first two years:

2017: 1 M$m$ Base Salary, 20 $ Signing bonus, cap: 4.33 M$
2018: 9 M$ base, cap: 12,33 M$
2019: 10 M$ base, cap 13.33 M$

At this point Berry will be 32 years old, and all guarantees have been paid.
From now on it's pay as you go ...

2020: 10 M$ base/roster bonus, cap 13.33 M$, dead: 10 M$
2021: 9 M$ base, cap 12.33 M$, dead: 6.66 M$
2022: 9 M$ base, cap 12.33 M$, dead 3.33 M$

I assume there will be a significant roster bonus in 2020 to force the team's hand early in offseason ...

I think this contract is basically a 3 yr, 40 M$ contract with three years of team options.


Is the signing bonus considered part of the gtd money?


yes
_________________
Follow me on Twitter:@KC_Guy

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group