Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eddie Lacy - RB Position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 18910
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 2712
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well .. I'm not snap chat guy so I'll take your guys' word for it. He looks in relatively good shape there. When Lacy is at his biggest he's got a huge face. In this pic he doesn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 48370
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


I wasn't talking about this year. I was more rubbed the wrong way by his 2015 season, when he came into camp overweight and his play sputtered. He played in 60.5% of the offensive snaps in 2013, 65.4% in 2014, and 41.0% in 2015. If that's not an indicator of the kind of shape he was in, I don't know what is.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 2712
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


No, he was productive even at a high weight. My main point was that if he chose to leave GB because McCarthy called him out about weight or whatever than so bit it. He had times where he wasn't in top shape and his employers have a right to call him on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 18910
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


No, he was productive even at a high weight. My main point was that if he chose to leave GB because McCarthy called him out about weight or whatever than so bit it. He had times where he wasn't in top shape and his employers have a right to call him on it.


I think he left because he was sick of averaging 4.5 YPC and getting the ball 13 times. Mac never figured out a good way to use him, the only time he truly did is when Aaron was hurt. If he beats out Rawls, he'll be a 20 carry guy in Seattle.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 2712
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


Agreed .. You are preaching to the choir! Some seem to think McCarthy and the fans were too hard on Lacy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopackgo247


Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


No, he was productive even at a high weight. My main point was that if he chose to leave GB because McCarthy called him out about weight or whatever than so bit it. He had times where he wasn't in top shape and his employers have a right to call him on it.


I think he left because he was sick of averaging 4.5 YPC and getting the ball 13 times. Mac never figured out a good way to use him, the only time he truly did is when Aaron was hurt. If he beats out Rawls, he'll be a 20 carry guy in Seattle.


Bingo.

Can he make it through a full game with the same stamina he had to begin with though?

Thats how Lynch was able to dominate so much. The defense would get tired in the second half and Lynch would continue to pound them with the same strength and speed he did when the game started.

It remains to be seen if Lacy can shoulder that load. Being overweight and having plates and pins in his ankle does not help his cause.

And trust me i was always frustrated that Lacy would only get 10-18 carries a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcerb44


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 3477
Location: Schofield, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


No, he was productive even at a high weight. My main point was that if he chose to leave GB because McCarthy called him out about weight or whatever than so bit it. He had times where he wasn't in top shape and his employers have a right to call him on it.


I think he left because he was sick of averaging 4.5 YPC and getting the ball 13 times. Mac never figured out a good way to use him, the only time he truly did is when Aaron was hurt. If he beats out Rawls, he'll be a 20 carry guy in Seattle.


I highly doubt he would have the stamina for that, especially if SEA wants him at a bigger weight. I like Eddy, but he's not a bell cow.
_________________


pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 2712
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


No, he was productive even at a high weight. My main point was that if he chose to leave GB because McCarthy called him out about weight or whatever than so bit it. He had times where he wasn't in top shape and his employers have a right to call him on it.


I think he left because he was sick of averaging 4.5 YPC and getting the ball 13 times. Mac never figured out a good way to use him, the only time he truly did is when Aaron was hurt. If he beats out Rawls, he'll be a 20 carry guy in Seattle.


I'd agree .. I actually don't think he was the right fit for the no huddle/uptempo offense. He stands a chance of being pretty productive in Seattle if he's in shape and their Oline play improves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 18910
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


No, he was productive even at a high weight. My main point was that if he chose to leave GB because McCarthy called him out about weight or whatever than so bit it. He had times where he wasn't in top shape and his employers have a right to call him on it.


I think he left because he was sick of averaging 4.5 YPC and getting the ball 13 times. Mac never figured out a good way to use him, the only time he truly did is when Aaron was hurt. If he beats out Rawls, he'll be a 20 carry guy in Seattle.


I highly doubt he would have the stamina for that, especially if SEA wants him at a bigger weight. I like Eddy, but he's not a bell cow.


Not in 2014, but last year he was in much better shape. Our offense was a mess until he got hurt because Mac couldn't figure it out with him in there. It's like Mac was having battles in his head between feeding Lacy (who averaged over 4 YPC in every game) and pleasing Aaron. The whole thing seemed fractured. When Eddie got hurt he just dialled up the speed and put it on Aaron. It worked, but I don't think without some balance that it is sustainable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcerb44


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 3477
Location: Schofield, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:


Not in 2014, but last year he was in much better shape. Our offense was a mess until he got hurt because Mac couldn't figure it out with him in there. It's like Mac was having battles in his head between feeding Lacy (who averaged over 4 YPC in every game) and pleasing Aaron. The whole thing seemed fractured. When Eddie got hurt he just dialled up the speed and put it on Aaron. It worked, but I don't think without some balance that it is sustainable.


I agree with everything you'd said here. This is probably the biggest reason I had no issue with Lacy leaving. He simply didn't fit the concept of our offense. We tried in the past to run him more but it changes our identity and doesn't take advantage of our natural strengths on that side of the ball.

Mac is a Pitt guy and has talked in the past about the ability to control the field with a running game. He has preached balance, so I think you're more than right about him having to please both masters.

Lacy is an old school back, there's nothing wrong with that either. However, it didn't sync with the dynamic we had with our offensive strategy. Hard for a coach to take the ball out of his best player's hands, especially when that guy is Rodge. You always want to give him as many opportunities as possible.
_________________


pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 10970
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
What is your argument? You said the Packers fat shamed him to the bench ... and that you didn't blame him for going to Seattle. Sure, he averaged 5.1 per carry last year, and even 4.1 in a down year .. big woop .. Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9 per carry and he'd never played the position before. I get the idea a lot of backs could have found success in our offense. It's not the end of the world that Lacy is gone.


Fat shamed? These guys are PAID professional athletes who are paid to be in top physical shape. Coming into camp 30 pounds overweight, and producing below the standard is job failure.


5.1 YPC is below the standard now?


No, he was productive even at a high weight. My main point was that if he chose to leave GB because McCarthy called him out about weight or whatever than so bit it. He had times where he wasn't in top shape and his employers have a right to call him on it.


I think he left because he was sick of averaging 4.5 YPC and getting the ball 13 times. Mac never figured out a good way to use him, the only time he truly did is when Aaron was hurt. If he beats out Rawls, he'll be a 20 carry guy in Seattle.


I highly doubt he would have the stamina for that, especially if SEA wants him at a bigger weight. I like Eddy, but he's not a bell cow.


Not in 2014, but last year he was in much better shape. Our offense was a mess until he got hurt because Mac couldn't figure it out with him in there. It's like Mac was having battles in his head between feeding Lacy (who averaged over 4 YPC in every game) and pleasing Aaron. The whole thing seemed fractured. When Eddie got hurt he just dialled up the speed and put it on Aaron. It worked, but I don't think without some balance that it is sustainable.


I'm sure Lacy having to be replaced after big runs and limiting our hurry up probably contributed to that issue you're talking about.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
Those are the stats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhawk5047


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 1677
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'd be okay with giving Christine Michael an off season to see if he can pick up the offense and grabbing a mid round back in the draft. If Michael can pick it up, he and Montgomery might be a solid combo. Also not against bringing in Peterson or Charles on low risk contracts. Part of me also wants to see dujuan Harris back. He never really got a shot as a runner but he looked solid in his limited time. Anyone with me here?
_________________
Go Packers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hoekd0250


Joined: 13 Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacy never fit the approach that seems to fit mac and Rodgers way of running the offense. Mac uses multiple formations to find mismatches and once they get one in there favor they turn up the tempo of the drive and force that mismatch down the defenses throat before they can regroup change out players. Rodgers excels in this as it allows him more time to audable and catch opposing dlineman off snapcount. Lacy however can play 20-30 carrys a game but not when the packers try to run 5-6 plays back to back at this tempo. He ends up not allowing the packers to run the right tempo and ultimately slow the entire offense to a halt, when there mismatches are in there favor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 1199
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great comment hoekd0250,
that's a big deal and GB offense doesn't wanna sub when they are rolling...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group