Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Royal Offseason Is Here Your Highness (UPDATED 4/27/17)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25651
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Why cut Johnny Holton? Cheap and speedy developmental WR?

+1 I know he's synonymous with the End around everybody knew was coming. Seems premature to just release him


I hope he has this much impact to other GMs like how much he impacted you guys so we can get a draft pick out of this. I don't see what's so good about him besides his speed. Guy is too weak to survive in the NFL, not tough enough to take a hit, looks petrified out there, and whiffed on some punt return coverages as well. Seriously, what does he bring to the table that WR-Andre Holmes, WR-Seth Roberts, and WR-Ryan Swizter can't do?


I literally saw none of what you're describing. He looked like a fluid, raw athlete. Tons of speed. Ability to make tough catches.

Look like an URFA learning professional football.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 16999
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-the-best-special-teamers-in-the-nfl-in-2016/

Quote:
Gunner: Johnny Holton, Oakland Raiders
Stat to know: Made three tackles on 29 snaps as a gunner


I think Holton is very likely to push Taiwan Jones off the roster next season because he's cheaper, younger and can play the same role on ST.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
attack_in_s/b


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 1066
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock overall, here's my feedback:

DONT YOU EVER CUT JOHNNY HOLTON. EVER. That alone ruins your whole off season Laughing

Now that that's out of the way, the critique on the rest (though it's kind of a moot point, arguing b/w a D- and a D after what you did to johnny... ok I'm officially done).

I like what you did in free agency. Totally agree with bringing in a vet d-tackle as we've got a ton of developmental guys there already. Need a plug and play while we develop ward and Latham. Hodges is a good signing.

For the draft:

Round 1 - A

Big fan of Davis - he's got a very high floor and I think is almost certainly going to be a long term starter though he's got the potential to be a star. Explosive, instinctive, aggressive - love everything about the guy, ability to handle the coverage responsibility and just sheer amount of space our lbs have to cover would be my only concern. He's not super fast but I think he makes up for it with positioning.

Round 2 - B-

Too similar to Joseph (kind of a poor mans joseph imo). A lot of us talk about Joseph as a single high, I don't see that at all. watching Joseph's college tape I see a bone crushing on the box safety with plus coverage ability and range. He's not going to be a liability single high but to me at least, he's dominant in the box. Baker I think is even more of an in the box safety. Joseph would be the more adept fs of the two but ultimately I think they're both best in the box.

Round 3 - B+

Haven't watched a ton of film on him but everything I've read seems to speak highly of him. I like the idea there, a guy that we can bring along slowly with the upside to become a very good rt.

Round 4 - A

Might be my favourite pick. Guy looks like a clone of Edelman and gives us something we don't have on the roster - a guy that can really work the middle of the field and keep drives going.

Round 5,6,7 - NA

Not gonna lie, we're not anywhere near close enough to the draft for me to be digging up film on these guys.

My biggest knock would be rb. I know you mentioned you think highly of victor but unfortunately unless he's the greatest 7th round rb ever, we need a bigger improvement there. I must not be the only one that thinks our rbs left a ton of yards on the field. Rishard showed the most promise but most of our success on the ground came explicitly when our o-line took care of everyone short of the safeties - when they couldn't do that, our ground game did nothing. That's where you notice the effect of a really good rb. You don't need to have everyone perfectly blocked to pick up 5 yards. Behind our o-line, a good rb would make our offence SOOOOOO much better. I get that rbs are easy to find and whatever, but you really can't compare our guys to say bell, Johnson, Elliot, McCoy and suggest that we're getting equal impact. There's no comparison. A good rb would single handedly improve the team as a whole more than any other individual player imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoyalMajesty51o


Joined: 26 Dec 2015
Posts: 956
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are really serious about WR-Johnny Holton. I guess I can't win so okay, okay he's back in Laughing But who do I take out? LT-Luke Joeckel? RT-Menelik Watson? RB-Taiwan Jones? WR-Andre Holmes? Somebody on defense?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25651
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RoyalMajesty51o"]You guys are really serious about WR-Johnny Holton. I guess I can't win so okay, okay he's back in Laughing But who do I take out? LT-Luke Joeckel? RT-Menelik Watson? RB-Taiwan Jones? WR-Andre Holmes? Somebody on defense?[/quote]

Not serious about him. Just odd you singled him out as a player to cut.

If he's outplayed in pre season, fine. But to outright release him before hand as you're suggesting seems premature.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4405
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
[quote="RoyalMajesty51o"]You guys are really serious about WR-Johnny Holton. I guess I can't win so okay, okay he's back in Laughing But who do I take out? LT-Luke Joeckel? RT-Menelik Watson? RB-Taiwan Jones? WR-Andre Holmes? Somebody on defense?


Not serious about him. Just odd you singled him out as a player to cut.

If he's outplayed in pre season, fine. But to outright release him before hand as you're suggesting seems premature.[/quote]

I'm with you every one of the Raiders WR have the same physical characteristics. We need smaller quicker dependable WR for the slot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoyalMajesty51o


Joined: 26 Dec 2015
Posts: 956
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
You guys are really serious about WR-Johnny Holton. [/b]I guess I can't win so okay, okay he's back in Laughing But who do I take out? LT-Luke Joeckel? RT-Menelik Watson? RB-Taiwan Jones? WR-Andre Holmes? Somebody on defense?


Not serious about him. Just odd you singled him out as a player to cut.

If he's outplayed in pre season, fine. But to outright release him before hand as you're suggesting seems premature.


I'm with you every one of the Raiders WR have the same physical characteristics. We need smaller quicker dependable WR for the slot.


That's what WR-Ryan Switzer is for. He's the perfect slot WR that got great hands, vision, is elusive, quick, a deep threat, runs good routes, and can make a simple play into a big play at only 5-10 and 185lbs. He's physically different than every other WRs on the roster, but share similar skill set as Amari Cooper. Switzer is one of the most dynamic and lethal WRs and PRs in this draft class.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyHarry


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 3407
Location: Foster City,CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
You guys are really serious about WR-Johnny Holton. [/b]I guess I can't win so okay, okay he's back in Laughing But who do I take out? LT-Luke Joeckel? RT-Menelik Watson? RB-Taiwan Jones? WR-Andre Holmes? Somebody on defense?


Not serious about him. Just odd you singled him out as a player to cut.

If he's outplayed in pre season, fine. But to outright release him before hand as you're suggesting seems premature.


I'm with you every one of the Raiders WR have the same physical characteristics. We need smaller quicker dependable WR for the slot.


That's what WR-Ryan Switzer is for. He's the perfect slot WR that got great hands, vision, is elusive, quick, a deep threat, runs good routes, and can make a simple play into a big play at only 5-10 and 185lbs. He's physically different than every other WRs on the roster, but share similar skill set as Amari Cooper. Switzer is one of the most dynamic and lethal WRs and PRs in this draft class.

Fwiw he measured in at 5'8 at the Senior bowl not saying he shouldn't be considered or what not
_________________

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 4821
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.. but RB is more important than #3 WR. I'd switch those draft picks and draft a RB in the 4th and WR in the 7th. Also you are absolutely crazy to let Perry Riley go. He's been a Top ILB since signing with us according to PFF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DC4_Life


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 514
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Royal Offseason Is Here Your Highness Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
*****2017 NFL Free Agency*****

1) Sign NT-Bennie Logan (UFA) or NT-Johnathan Hankins (UFA) for 4 years $24 mil
2) Sign WLB-Gerald Hodges (UFA) for 3 years $10.5 mil
3) Sign FS-Duron Harmon (UFA) for 3 years $7.5 mil
4) Sign LT/RT-Luke Joeckel (UFA) for 2 years $4 mil
5) Resign WR-Andre Holmes (UFA) for 2 years $4 mil
6) Resign SS-Brynden Trawick (UFA) for 2 years $2 mil
7) Resign LDE/RDE-Denico Autry (RFA) for 1 year $2 mil
Cool Resign RT-Menelik Watson (UFA) for 1 year $1.8 mil
9) Resign WR-Seth Roberts (ERFA) for 1 year $700K
10) Resign TE-Gabe Holmes (ERFA) for 1 year $600K

Let FS-Nate Allen, CB-D.J. Hayden, CB-SaQwan Edwards, MLB-Perry Riley Jr., WLB-Malcolm Smith, 3T-Stacy McGee, QB-Matt McGloin, RB-Latavius Murray, TE-Mychal Rivera, and LS-Jon Condo all walk in Free Agency. Cut SS/FS-Keith McGill, NT-Dan Williams, WR-Johnny Holton, and RT-Austin Howard unless they have some trade value.

*****2017 NFL Draft*****

1st) MLB/Jarrad Davis/6-2/230lbs/2?

Tough, gritty, strong, physical, relentless, athletic, explosive three-down linebacker with good read-and-react skills, instincts, size, motor, is a good tackler, and can play sideline to sideline. Davis definitely has the size, length, speed, quick feet, athleticism, and instincts to stick with TEs and RBs in pass coverage. His closing speed and explosiveness will come in handy especially going up against QBs that can run and RBs that leaks out for screen passes or out to the flat. Also, Davis can be a great weapon in blitz packages up the middle with his closing speed and explosiveness. He needs to get better at shedding blocks, play less upright so he can be better at changing directions, and even though he's a good tackler, he can be a sure-tackler if he works on being better at wrapping up his opponents around the ankles.

2nd) FS/Budda Baker/5-10/190lbs/21

Yea, yea I know. He's small and we already have another small safety in Karl Joseph, but Baker can ball and is everywhere on the field! He's fluid, quick, got loose hips, nice acceleration, no difficulties at change of direction, is a reliable tackler, can cover a lot of ground, definitely got some pop, got good instincts, versatile, can play the deep safety, in the slot, or at the line of scrimmage, and one of his most underrated skills that people are not aware about is that he's a good blitzer. I would love to see Baker in some blitz packages that gets opponents off guard especially when they will be mainly focusing on LDE-Khalil Mack and SLB-Bruce Irvin. Besides his size, which I can easily see him gain another 10 pounds and get up to 200lbs without losing his speed, quickness, acceleration, and fluidity, he can work on taking better angles so he can be a sure-tackler and prevent bigger plays from happening. Best to trade the 2017 2nd round pick along with FS-Reggie Nelson to move up to the early part of the 2nd round so we won't miss out on FS-Budda Baker.

3rd) RT/Taylor Moton/6-5/325lbs/23

This guy got Reggie's name all over it. He's strong, physical, has good size, is a mauler in the run game, athletic, can hold his own in the pass, versatile, and stuck with a program that went from 1-11 in 2013 to 13-1 in 2016. He started 14 games at RT in 2016, 13 games at RG in 2015, 13 games at RT in 2014, and 12 games in 2013, but not sure where. If he would have went to a bigger school, there's no way he would last to the 3rd round especially in this weak class for OTs. He needs some coaching on his footwork and techniques, but with Coach Tice around to help him with that, I would be totally stun if he doesn't end up with the Raiders come next season.

4th) WR/Ryan Switzer/5-10/185lbs/23

One of the most dynamic, lethal WRs and PRs around despite the knock on his size thanks to his quickness, elusiveness, and awareness. He's also a great route runner, has good hands, and is a deep threat. Mainly used in the slot, but that's where he's at best. He had 7 career punt return TDs and had 96 catches for 1,113 yards and 6 TDs as a WR this past season. WR-Ryan Switzer will be a much better slot WR next to WR-Amari Cooper and WR-Michael Crabtree than WR-Seth Roberts and WR-Seth Roberts would be better off as the #4 WR.

5th) CB/Jeremy Cutrer/6-2/170lbs/23

Talented CB with a great story that will truly get Reggie's attention. He overcame a lot of struggles including the tragic time when Hurricane Katrina hit the South. He got the height, length, footwork, the instincts, ball skills, quick off his breaks, change of direction, and doesn't mind sticking his nose out there, but the lack of competition, the small school he went to, and his frame will be the reasons why he slip through the 2017 NFL Draft. I personally don't believe it's a problem at all. He showed he can play against Alabama and with a NFL weight program, I'm confident this young, talented 6-2 and 170lbs CB will get up to 185lbs+ without losing his quickness and speed.

6th) LS/Cole Mazza/6-2/240lbs/2?

Perfect on all of his snaps, one of the best long snappers around, was highly recruited coming out of high school for a LONG SNAPPER, only missed two games since his true freshman year in 2013 at Alabama, and LS-Jon Condo will be a unrestricted free agent after this season that will soon be 36-years-old. Makes sense for the Raiders to bring in new young blood.

7th) RB/Darius Victor/5-8/220lbs/23

Another 5-8 RB?! Yes and no. Victor is another 5-8 RB, but he's different than RB-DeAndre Washington and RB-Jalen Richard. Victor is a power back that's physical, don't mind contact, can break off tackles, has good balance, burst, vision, and is a good blocker. He had 82 carries for 354 yards and 7 touchdowns in 4 games in 2016 (toe injury), 207 carries for 1,021 yards and 15 touchdowns in 11 games in 2015, 250 carries for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games in 2014, 98 carries for 629 yards and 7 touchdowns in 14 games in 2013. His size, lack of competition, and the school he went to is why he slip through the 2017 NFL Draft.

Undrafted = CB-Arthur Maulet, CB-Torren McGaster, CB-Roland Ladipo, NT-Roderick Henderson, 3T-Grover Stewart, 3T-Collin Bevins

*****Offense*****

QB = Derek Carr & Connor Cook
RB = DeAndre Washington, Jalen Richard, Darius Victor, Taiwan Jones
FB = Jamize Olawale
WR = Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, Ryan Switzer, Seth Roberts, Andre Holmes
TE = Clive Walford, Lee Smith, Gabe Holmes
LT = Donald Penn & Luke Joeckel
LG = Kelechi Osemele & Vadal Alexander
C = Rodney Hudson & Jon Feliciano
RG = Gabe Jackson & Denver Kirkland
RT = Taylor Moton & Menelik Watson

*****Defense*****

SS = Karl Joseph & Brynden Trawick
FS = Budda Baker (Nickel) & Duron Harmon
CB = David Amerson (LCB), Sean Smith (RCB), T.J. Carrie, Jeremy Cutrer, Dexter McDonald/Antonio Hamilton/Arthur Maulet/Torren McGaster/Roland Ladipo, Dexter McDonald/Antonio Hamilton/Arthur Maulet/Torren McGaster/Roland Ladipo
SLB = Bruce Irvin, Aldon Smith, James Cowser
MLB = Jarrad Davis & Cory James
WLB = Gerald Hodges & Ben Heeney/Neiron Ball
LDE = Khalil Mack & Denico Autry
NT = Bennie Logan/Johnathan Hankins & Justin Ellis
3T = Jihad Ward & Darius Latham
RDE = Mario Edwards Jr. & Shilique Calhoun

*****Special Teams*****

K = Sebastian Janikowski
P = Marquette King
LS = Cole Mazza
KR = Jalen Richard
PR = Ryan Switzer
A for effort. you even put UDFA.... but I just don't like that first round pick..... Jared Davis is just too risky... He is a baller, but has serious injury concerns. Reminds me a bit of Neiron Ball..... and drafting a LS? Really? when has that ever happened?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RoyalMajesty51o


Joined: 26 Dec 2015
Posts: 956
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Royal Offseason Is Here Your Highness Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
*****2017 NFL Free Agency*****

1) Sign NT-Bennie Logan (UFA) or NT-Johnathan Hankins (UFA) for 4 years $24 mil
2) Sign WLB-Gerald Hodges (UFA) for 3 years $10.5 mil
3) Sign FS-Duron Harmon (UFA) for 3 years $7.5 mil
4) Sign LT/RT-Luke Joeckel (UFA) for 2 years $4 mil
5) Resign WR-Andre Holmes (UFA) for 2 years $4 mil
6) Resign SS-Brynden Trawick (UFA) for 2 years $2 mil
7) Resign LDE/RDE-Denico Autry (RFA) for 1 year $2 mil
Cool Resign RT-Menelik Watson (UFA) for 1 year $1.8 mil
9) Resign WR-Seth Roberts (ERFA) for 1 year $700K
10) Resign TE-Gabe Holmes (ERFA) for 1 year $600K

Let FS-Nate Allen, CB-D.J. Hayden, CB-SaQwan Edwards, MLB-Perry Riley Jr., WLB-Malcolm Smith, 3T-Stacy McGee, QB-Matt McGloin, RB-Latavius Murray, TE-Mychal Rivera, and LS-Jon Condo all walk in Free Agency. Cut SS/FS-Keith McGill, NT-Dan Williams, WR-Johnny Holton, and RT-Austin Howard unless they have some trade value.

*****2017 NFL Draft*****

1st) MLB/Jarrad Davis/6-2/230lbs/2?

Tough, gritty, strong, physical, relentless, athletic, explosive three-down linebacker with good read-and-react skills, instincts, size, motor, is a good tackler, and can play sideline to sideline. Davis definitely has the size, length, speed, quick feet, athleticism, and instincts to stick with TEs and RBs in pass coverage. His closing speed and explosiveness will come in handy especially going up against QBs that can run and RBs that leaks out for screen passes or out to the flat. Also, Davis can be a great weapon in blitz packages up the middle with his closing speed and explosiveness. He needs to get better at shedding blocks, play less upright so he can be better at changing directions, and even though he's a good tackler, he can be a sure-tackler if he works on being better at wrapping up his opponents around the ankles.

2nd) FS/Budda Baker/5-10/190lbs/21

Yea, yea I know. He's small and we already have another small safety in Karl Joseph, but Baker can ball and is everywhere on the field! He's fluid, quick, got loose hips, nice acceleration, no difficulties at change of direction, is a reliable tackler, can cover a lot of ground, definitely got some pop, got good instincts, versatile, can play the deep safety, in the slot, or at the line of scrimmage, and one of his most underrated skills that people are not aware about is that he's a good blitzer. I would love to see Baker in some blitz packages that gets opponents off guard especially when they will be mainly focusing on LDE-Khalil Mack and SLB-Bruce Irvin. Besides his size, which I can easily see him gain another 10 pounds and get up to 200lbs without losing his speed, quickness, acceleration, and fluidity, he can work on taking better angles so he can be a sure-tackler and prevent bigger plays from happening. Best to trade the 2017 2nd round pick along with FS-Reggie Nelson to move up to the early part of the 2nd round so we won't miss out on FS-Budda Baker.

3rd) RT/Taylor Moton/6-5/325lbs/23

This guy got Reggie's name all over it. He's strong, physical, has good size, is a mauler in the run game, athletic, can hold his own in the pass, versatile, and stuck with a program that went from 1-11 in 2013 to 13-1 in 2016. He started 14 games at RT in 2016, 13 games at RG in 2015, 13 games at RT in 2014, and 12 games in 2013, but not sure where. If he would have went to a bigger school, there's no way he would last to the 3rd round especially in this weak class for OTs. He needs some coaching on his footwork and techniques, but with Coach Tice around to help him with that, I would be totally stun if he doesn't end up with the Raiders come next season.

4th) WR/Ryan Switzer/5-10/185lbs/23

One of the most dynamic, lethal WRs and PRs around despite the knock on his size thanks to his quickness, elusiveness, and awareness. He's also a great route runner, has good hands, and is a deep threat. Mainly used in the slot, but that's where he's at best. He had 7 career punt return TDs and had 96 catches for 1,113 yards and 6 TDs as a WR this past season. WR-Ryan Switzer will be a much better slot WR next to WR-Amari Cooper and WR-Michael Crabtree than WR-Seth Roberts and WR-Seth Roberts would be better off as the #4 WR.

5th) CB/Jeremy Cutrer/6-2/170lbs/23

Talented CB with a great story that will truly get Reggie's attention. He overcame a lot of struggles including the tragic time when Hurricane Katrina hit the South. He got the height, length, footwork, the instincts, ball skills, quick off his breaks, change of direction, and doesn't mind sticking his nose out there, but the lack of competition, the small school he went to, and his frame will be the reasons why he slip through the 2017 NFL Draft. I personally don't believe it's a problem at all. He showed he can play against Alabama and with a NFL weight program, I'm confident this young, talented 6-2 and 170lbs CB will get up to 185lbs+ without losing his quickness and speed.

6th) LS/Cole Mazza/6-2/240lbs/2?

Perfect on all of his snaps, one of the best long snappers around, was highly recruited coming out of high school for a LONG SNAPPER, only missed two games since his true freshman year in 2013 at Alabama, and LS-Jon Condo will be a unrestricted free agent after this season that will soon be 36-years-old. Makes sense for the Raiders to bring in new young blood.

7th) RB/Darius Victor/5-8/220lbs/23

Another 5-8 RB?! Yes and no. Victor is another 5-8 RB, but he's different than RB-DeAndre Washington and RB-Jalen Richard. Victor is a power back that's physical, don't mind contact, can break off tackles, has good balance, burst, vision, and is a good blocker. He had 82 carries for 354 yards and 7 touchdowns in 4 games in 2016 (toe injury), 207 carries for 1,021 yards and 15 touchdowns in 11 games in 2015, 250 carries for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games in 2014, 98 carries for 629 yards and 7 touchdowns in 14 games in 2013. His size, lack of competition, and the school he went to is why he slip through the 2017 NFL Draft.

Undrafted = CB-Arthur Maulet, CB-Torren McGaster, CB-Roland Ladipo, NT-Roderick Henderson, 3T-Grover Stewart, 3T-Collin Bevins

*****Offense*****

QB = Derek Carr & Connor Cook
RB = DeAndre Washington, Jalen Richard, Darius Victor, Taiwan Jones
FB = Jamize Olawale
WR = Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, Ryan Switzer, Seth Roberts, Andre Holmes
TE = Clive Walford, Lee Smith, Gabe Holmes
LT = Donald Penn & Luke Joeckel
LG = Kelechi Osemele & Vadal Alexander
C = Rodney Hudson & Jon Feliciano
RG = Gabe Jackson & Denver Kirkland
RT = Taylor Moton & Menelik Watson

*****Defense*****

SS = Karl Joseph & Brynden Trawick
FS = Budda Baker (Nickel) & Duron Harmon
CB = David Amerson (LCB), Sean Smith (RCB), T.J. Carrie, Jeremy Cutrer, Dexter McDonald/Antonio Hamilton/Arthur Maulet/Torren McGaster/Roland Ladipo, Dexter McDonald/Antonio Hamilton/Arthur Maulet/Torren McGaster/Roland Ladipo
SLB = Bruce Irvin, Aldon Smith, James Cowser
MLB = Jarrad Davis & Cory James
WLB = Gerald Hodges & Ben Heeney/Neiron Ball
LDE = Khalil Mack & Denico Autry
NT = Bennie Logan/Johnathan Hankins & Justin Ellis
3T = Jihad Ward & Darius Latham
RDE = Mario Edwards Jr. & Shilique Calhoun

*****Special Teams*****

K = Sebastian Janikowski
P = Marquette King
LS = Cole Mazza
KR = Jalen Richard
PR = Ryan Switzer
A for effort. you even put UDFA.... but I just don't like that first round pick..... Jared Davis is just too risky... He is a baller, but has serious injury concerns. Reminds me a bit of Neiron Ball..... and drafting a LS? Really? when has that ever happened?


Saints drafted LS-Jimmy Landes in the 6th Round of the 2016 NFL Draft and Patriots drafted LS-Joe Cardona in the 5th Round of the 2015 NFL Draft. You do know snappers are the guys that snap the football to the punters and FG holders right? Bad snaps can lead to turnovers and touchdowns. Long snappers are important as well.

Davis played all 12 games in 2013, missed 3 games in 2014, played all 13 games in 2015, and missed 4 games in 2016. Neiron Ball played all 13 games in 2010, missed the entire 2011 season, missed 2 games in 2012, played all 12 games in 2013, and missed 3 games in 2014. How does Jarrad Davis remind you of anything like Neiron Ball besides they went to the University of Florida?


Last edited by RoyalMajesty51o on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 2998
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Royal Offseason Is Here Your Highness Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:

A for effort. you even put UDFA.... but I just don't like that first round pick..... Jared Davis is just too risky... He is a baller, but has serious injury concerns. Reminds me a bit of Neiron Ball..... and drafting a LS? Really? when has that ever happened?


The Pats drafted one in 2015. Guess he was pretty good. Was from Navy I remember.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoyalMajesty51o


Joined: 26 Dec 2015
Posts: 956
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
You guys are really serious about WR-Johnny Holton. [/b]I guess I can't win so okay, okay he's back in Laughing But who do I take out? LT-Luke Joeckel? RT-Menelik Watson? RB-Taiwan Jones? WR-Andre Holmes? Somebody on defense?


Not serious about him. Just odd you singled him out as a player to cut.

If he's outplayed in pre season, fine. But to outright release him before hand as you're suggesting seems premature.


I'm with you every one of the Raiders WR have the same physical characteristics. We need smaller quicker dependable WR for the slot.


That's what WR-Ryan Switzer is for. He's the perfect slot WR that got great hands, vision, is elusive, quick, a deep threat, runs good routes, and can make a simple play into a big play at only 5-10 and 185lbs. He's physically different than every other WRs on the roster, but share similar skill set as Amari Cooper. Switzer is one of the most dynamic and lethal WRs and PRs in this draft class.

Fwiw he measured in at 5'8 at the Senior bowl not saying he shouldn't be considered or what not


Yea I seen that as well. He measured in at 5'8.5" and at 179lbs. He definitely needs to add more strength to his frame and get up to at least 190lbs, but that won't be a problem with a NFL strength and conditioning program. Wes Walker was a 5'9" and 185lbs WR, WR-Julian Edelman is 5'10" and 200lbs, WR-Danny Amendola is 5'11" and 190lbs, WR-Brandin Cooks is 5'10" and 189lbs, WR-Doug Baldwin is 5'10" and 192lbs, WR-Randall Cobb is 5'10" and 192lbs, and WR-Jamison Crowder is 5'8" and 182lbs. Point is if he can ball, he can ball. I hope this further drop WR-Ryan Switzer to for sure be available when we pick in the 4th round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DC4_Life


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 514
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

long snapper is just silly, with so many holes on defense... Reggie usually finds value day 3 and UDFA... rather invest in either area of the ball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
HookEm


Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Posts: 217
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge Budda Baker fan, would love to see him here. I like it overall but we'd still need to improve the interior pass rush, that should be one of our priorities this offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group