Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Royal Offseason Is Here Your Highness (UPDATED 4/27/17)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: The Royal Offseason Is Here Your Highness (UPDATED 4/27/17) Reply with quote

*****2017 NFL Free Agency*****

1) Sign NT-Bennie Logan (UFA) or NT-Johnathan Hankins (UFA) for 4 years $24 mil
2) Sign WLB-Gerald Hodges (UFA) for 3 years $10.5 mil
3) Sign FS-Duron Harmon (UFA) for 3 years $7.5 mil
4) Sign LT/RT-Luke Joeckel (UFA) for 2 years $4 mil
5) Resign WR-Andre Holmes (UFA) for 2 years $4 mil
6) Resign SS-Brynden Trawick (UFA) for 2 years $2 mil
7) Resign LDE/RDE-Denico Autry (RFA) for 1 year $2 mil
Cool Resign RT-Menelik Watson (UFA) for 1 year $1.8 mil
9) Resign WR-Seth Roberts (ERFA) for 1 year $700K
10) Resign TE-Gabe Holmes (ERFA) for 1 year $600K

Let FS-Nate Allen, CB-D.J. Hayden, CB-SaQwan Edwards, MLB-Perry Riley Jr., WLB-Malcolm Smith, 3T-Stacy McGee, QB-Matt McGloin, RB-Latavius Murray, TE-Mychal Rivera, and LS-Jon Condo all walk in Free Agency. Cut SS/FS-Keith McGill, NT-Dan Williams, WR-Johnny Holton, and RT-Austin Howard unless they have some trade value.

*****2017 NFL Draft*****

1st) MLB/Jarrad Davis/6-2/230lbs/2?

Tough, gritty, strong, physical, relentless, athletic, explosive three-down linebacker with good read-and-react skills, instincts, size, motor, is a good tackler, and can play sideline to sideline. Davis definitely has the size, length, speed, quick feet, athleticism, and instincts to stick with TEs and RBs in pass coverage. His closing speed and explosiveness will come in handy especially going up against QBs that can run and RBs that leaks out for screen passes or out to the flat. Also, Davis can be a great weapon in blitz packages up the middle with his closing speed and explosiveness. He needs to get better at shedding blocks, play less upright so he can be better at changing directions, and even though he's a good tackler, he can be a sure-tackler if he works on being better at wrapping up his opponents around the ankles.

2nd) FS/Budda Baker/5-10/190lbs/21

Yea, yea I know. He's small and we already have another small safety in Karl Joseph, but Baker can ball and is everywhere on the field! He's fluid, quick, got loose hips, nice acceleration, no difficulties at change of direction, is a reliable tackler, can cover a lot of ground, definitely got some pop, got good instincts, versatile, can play the deep safety, in the slot, or at the line of scrimmage, and one of his most underrated skills that people are not aware about is that he's a good blitzer. I would love to see Baker in some blitz packages that gets opponents off guard especially when they will be mainly focusing on LDE-Khalil Mack and SLB-Bruce Irvin. Besides his size, which I can easily see him gain another 10 pounds and get up to 200lbs without losing his speed, quickness, acceleration, and fluidity, he can work on taking better angles so he can be a sure-tackler and prevent bigger plays from happening. Best to trade the 2017 2nd round pick along with FS-Reggie Nelson to move up to the early part of the 2nd round so we won't miss out on FS-Budda Baker.

3rd) RT/Taylor Moton/6-5/325lbs/23

This guy got Reggie's name all over it. He's strong, physical, has good size, is a mauler in the run game, athletic, can hold his own in the pass, versatile, and stuck with a program that went from 1-11 in 2013 to 13-1 in 2016. He started 14 games at RT in 2016, 13 games at RG in 2015, 13 games at RT in 2014, and 12 games in 2013, but not sure where. If he would have went to a bigger school, there's no way he would last to the 3rd round especially in this weak class for OTs. He needs some coaching on his footwork and techniques, but with Coach Tice around to help him with that, I would be totally stun if he doesn't end up with the Raiders come next season.

4th) WR/Ryan Switzer/5-10/185lbs/23

One of the most dynamic, lethal WRs and PRs around despite the knock on his size thanks to his quickness, elusiveness, and awareness. He's also a great route runner, has good hands, and is a deep threat. Mainly used in the slot, but that's where he's at best. He had 7 career punt return TDs and had 96 catches for 1,113 yards and 6 TDs as a WR this past season. WR-Ryan Switzer will be a much better slot WR next to WR-Amari Cooper and WR-Michael Crabtree than WR-Seth Roberts and WR-Seth Roberts would be better off as the #4 WR.

5th) CB/Jeremy Cutrer/6-2/170lbs/23

Talented CB with a great story that will truly get Reggie's attention. He overcame a lot of struggles including the tragic time when Hurricane Katrina hit the South. He got the height, length, footwork, the instincts, ball skills, quick off his breaks, change of direction, and doesn't mind sticking his nose out there, but the lack of competition, the small school he went to, and his frame will be the reasons why he slip through the 2017 NFL Draft. I personally don't believe it's a problem at all. He showed he can play against Alabama and with a NFL weight program, I'm confident this young, talented 6-2 and 170lbs CB will get up to 185lbs+ without losing his quickness and speed.

6th) LS/Cole Mazza/6-2/240lbs/2?

Perfect on all of his snaps, one of the best long snappers around, was highly recruited coming out of high school for a LONG SNAPPER, only missed two games since his true freshman year in 2013 at Alabama, and LS-Jon Condo will be a unrestricted free agent after this season that will soon be 36-years-old. Makes sense for the Raiders to bring in new young blood.

7th) RB/Darius Victor/5-8/220lbs/23

Another 5-8 RB?! Yes and no. Victor is another 5-8 RB, but he's different than RB-DeAndre Washington and RB-Jalen Richard. Victor is a power back that's physical, don't mind contact, can break off tackles, has good balance, burst, vision, and is a good blocker. He had 82 carries for 354 yards and 7 touchdowns in 4 games in 2016 (toe injury), 207 carries for 1,021 yards and 15 touchdowns in 11 games in 2015, 250 carries for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games in 2014, 98 carries for 629 yards and 7 touchdowns in 14 games in 2013. His size, lack of competition, and the school he went to is why he slip through the 2017 NFL Draft.

Undrafted = CB-Arthur Maulet, CB-Torren McGaster, CB-Roland Ladipo, NT-Roderick Henderson, 3T-Grover Stewart, 3T-Collin Bevins

*****Offense*****

QB = Derek Carr & Connor Cook
RB = DeAndre Washington, Jalen Richard, Darius Victor, Taiwan Jones
FB = Jamize Olawale
WR = Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, Ryan Switzer, Seth Roberts, Andre Holmes
TE = Clive Walford, Lee Smith, Gabe Holmes
LT = Donald Penn & Luke Joeckel
LG = Kelechi Osemele & Vadal Alexander
C = Rodney Hudson & Jon Feliciano
RG = Gabe Jackson & Denver Kirkland
RT = Taylor Moton & Menelik Watson

*****Defense*****

SS = Karl Joseph & Brynden Trawick
FS = Budda Baker (Nickel) & Duron Harmon
CB = David Amerson (LCB), Sean Smith (RCB), T.J. Carrie, Jeremy Cutrer, Dexter McDonald/Antonio Hamilton/Arthur Maulet/Torren McGaster/Roland Ladipo, Dexter McDonald/Antonio Hamilton/Arthur Maulet/Torren McGaster/Roland Ladipo
SLB = Bruce Irvin, Aldon Smith, James Cowser
MLB = Jarrad Davis & Cory James
WLB = Gerald Hodges & Ben Heeney/Neiron Ball
LDE = Khalil Mack & Denico Autry
NT = Bennie Logan/Johnathan Hankins & Justin Ellis
3T = Jihad Ward & Darius Latham
RDE = Mario Edwards Jr. & Shilique Calhoun

*****Special Teams*****

K = Sebastian Janikowski
P = Marquette King
LS = Cole Mazza
KR = Jalen Richard
PR = Ryan Switzer

Last edited by RoyalMajesty51o on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of signing FS-Duron Harmon to be the 3rd safety behind SS-Karl Joseph and FS-Budda Baker especially having Harmon as the deep safety to help out CB-Sean Smith from time to time while moving FS-Budda Baker down to the slot playing the nickel CB like how the Cardinals use FS-Tyrann Mathieu. Give our opponents all types of different looks. Have SS-Brynden Trawick to continue to do what he do best and that's playing on special teams. You really can't ask for more from your 4th safety.

Meanwhile, with two new FSs in FS-Budda Baker and FS-Duron Harmon that are more rangy than FS-Reggie Nelson, this will help out CB-Sean Smith tremendously (I hope). Smith won't get beat and abused on deep balls as often, he can generate some trade value, and this will give CB-Jeremy Cutrer some time to develop. Cutrer got the talent, size, and tools to be a quality starting CB in this league. If CB-Sean Smith can have a quality season in 2017 thanks to having two new rangy FSs in FS-Budda Baker and FS-Duron Harmon, the Raiders can trade the aging CB-Sean Smith and his contract to a CB needy team for a 2018 draft pick while giving CB-Jeremy Cutrer a shot to be one of the starting CBs going forward.
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid overall work!

I'm not sure Logan worth that money, I can't see anything special in him.
I think Hankins will ask more if he hits the market.

Like the Hodges signing

Not a fan of the Harmon signing, especially with the Baker draft. We would have 3 smallish S and not one true SS. Also I do not trust any Pats DB to play well elsewhere.

Can't see what you see in Joeckel. He was a ZBS LT, who struggled so badly that they moved him to ZBS LG. Can't see him as a fit in our PBS scheme. I think he doesn't have any future as OT in the NFL, his best chance is at OG in a ZBS scheme.

Can't really see the benefit not to bring back Riley. He is a solid stop gap and shouldn't ask for a lot. I would keep him and do not bring in Hodges if we surely go LB in round one. I would bring Perry back and bring in Hodges if he is trully a good option at WLB\ILB2. Neither guy should keep us back from a trully good LB prospect in the draft.
If we let Perry walk, who will be the MLB if Reuben and Davis goes before our pick? We reach? We hope someone will be there in the 2nd or 3rd? We hope for Cory James or Heeney to fill the role? I don't want to go that route.

I can't really see the benefit of an instant Dan Williams cut. He can be cut before, during, after TC if he is out of shape or underperforming again.

Can't understand the Condo\LS move. If it ain't broken don't fix it. Why spend a draft pick on a LS, when we have a good, reliable veteran in place with a few more good years in him.

Really like the Jarrad Davis pick. He could play at MLB or WLB for us and could really upgrade our pass D in the middle.

Would like the Budda pick, but I can't believe that he will be there in the end of the 2nd round. I read already some late first, early 2nd stuff on him.

Moton could be a nice pick, but in this weak OL class I think he won't be there in the end of the 3rd round. Without this pick the Austin Howard cut looks like a bad move to me.

Like the WR and CB pick ups, don't know the guys you mentioned yet.

As I said I don't like the LS pick with the 6th.

I think we have 2 7th rounder, so there is another guy you could add.

Not a fan of this RB trio, but could work I guess.
The DWash, JRich combo was pretty ineffective without TayTrain, so I would like us to attack the power RB position sooner then the 7th and also with a bigger guy overall.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why cut Johnny Holton? Cheap and speedy developmental WR?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love mock offseason season. Only think I love more is ripping them apart. Twisted Evil

I don't mind some of the signings in free agency, but I don't know if it's realistic/viable. Both Logan and Hankins are coming from offensive systems where they're three down players. I doubt they'd want to get paid less to play a part time role. Considering both are coming off down years, if they don't re-sign with their teams I think they take a "prove it" deal easlwhere where they can still rush the passer. I think Poe or Williams are better/more viable signings.

I don't know much about Hodges or Harmon apart from their PFF rankings. The 49ers and Patriots have a lot of disposable money his offseason so if they want them back I assume they'll be back. I could see a situation where the Patriots cut Chung and go with Harmon long term if he's a good player.

Luke Joekel is an interesting signing. I think he played guard for the Jaguars this past season. Best part about him is he can play multiple positions on the line. FWIW, PFF graded him pretty well as a run blocker this season.

Not really crazy about resigning Andre Holmes. I'd like to see the team either upgrade him with a draft pick or do with Johnny Holton.

Of the cuts, I don't like you let Riley, McGee, and Holton go. Riley and McGee were the best players at their respective positions on the roster last season and Holton carries some promise as a 3rd or 4th receiver.

Regarding the draft, I'm a Davis and Baker fan, but I don't think the latter ends up being a late second round pick. I like the Switzer and Moton picks. I don't like how you addressed RB.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Because WR-Ryan Switzer is a better toy for QB-Derek Carr. He's a deep threat, he's a big play waiting to happen, can catch and play in traffic, he got good hands, runs good routes, and is also a lethal PR. Everything that WR-Johnny Holton doesn't have.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Because WR-Ryan Switzer is a better toy for QB-Derek Carr. He's a deep threat, he's a big play waiting to happen, can catch and play in traffic, he got good hands, runs good routes, and is also a lethal PR. Everything that WR-Johnny Holton doesn't have.

This is an answer to a question big_palooka didn't ask.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

+1 I know he's synonymous with the End around everybody knew was coming. Seems premature to just release him

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Love mock offseason season. Only think I love more is ripping them apart. Twisted Evil

I don't mind some of the signings in free agency, but I don't know if it's realistic/viable. Both Logan and Hankins are coming from offensive systems where they're three down players. I doubt they'd want to get paid less to play a part time role. Considering both are coming off down years, if they don't re-sign with their teams I think they take a "prove it" deal easlwhere where they can still rush the passer. I think Poe or Williams are better/more viable signings.

Rip away bud. That's the whole point of this Very Happy

4 years $24 mil is a reasonable contract for a quality NT. I was even going to give them $7 mil per year for 4 years $28 mil for either NT-Bennie Logan or NT-Johnathan Hankins if needed. Don't mind one of them at that price either or have them be a part-time player, but 4 years $24 mil is a good offer. It's not like I'm offering them 4 years $8 mil, 4 years $12 mil, or 4 years $16 mil. Now, NT-Dontari Poe and NT-Brandon Williams will probably be getting 5 years $45+ mil contracts somewhere similar to NT-Snacks Harrison. That's out of our price range and concerning with Poe's back problems when we have QB-Derek Carr, RG-Gabe Jackson, LDE-Khalil Mack, and WR-Amari Cooper to take care of soon.

Rich7sena wrote:
I don't know much about Hodges or Harmon apart from their PFF rankings. The 49ers and Patriots have a lot of disposable money his offseason so if they want them back I assume they'll be back. I could see a situation where the Patriots cut Chung and go with Harmon long term if he's a good player.

Absolutely. The 49ers and Patriots will have money to work with, but those two teams will also want to upgrade their positions. Who knows if they going to resign them or let them go, but for me, I have them coming to Oakland at a good price to plug some holes on this defense.

Rich7sena wrote:
Luke Joekel is an interesting signing. I think he played guard for the Jaguars this past season. Best part about him is he can play multiple positions on the line. FWIW, PFF graded him pretty well as a run blocker this season.

Exactly! Fun project for Coach Tice. Joeckel offers versatility that our staff really likes in our offensive linemen. This is pretty much a cheap insurance to backup LT-Donald Penn and until we find our LT of the future in the 2018 NFL Draft when we will have more draft picks to work with.

Rich7sena wrote:
Not really crazy about resigning Andre Holmes. I'd like to see the team either upgrade him with a draft pick or do with Johnny Holton.

WR-Andre Holmes is a great special teams guy, cheap, and can come in play if needed. He's everything what you would want in a #5 WR. He offers a lot more than WR-Johnny Holton. On top of that, the slot WR position was addressed with WR-Ryan Switzer through the 2017 NFL Draft and resigning WR-Seth Roberts at a cheap price to be the #4 WR where he belongs further give us better depth at the WR position.

Rich7sena wrote:
Of the cuts, I don't like you let Riley, McGee, and Holton go. Riley and McGee were the best players at their respective positions on the roster last season and Holton carries some promise as a 3rd or 4th receiver.

Again, WR-Andre Holmes offers more than WR-Johnny Holton, WR-Ryan Switzer is a more talented slot WR, and WR-Seth Roberts is already a proven WR. Riley and McGee were the best players at their positions because MLB-Ben Heeny was out for the rest of the season, MLB-Cory James was a 6th round rookie, 3T-Jihad Ward was a lost puppy out there, NT-Dan Williams was out of shape, NT-Justin Ellis is not a miracle worker, 3T-Darius Latham was a undrafted rookie, and RDE/3T-Mario Edwards Jr. was hurt for pretty much the whole season. Perry and McGee were best players at their positions is not saying much. We can use that money on other players.

Rich7sena wrote:
Regarding the draft, I'm a Davis and Baker fan, but I don't think the latter ends up being a late second round pick. I like the Switzer and Moton picks. I don't like how you addressed RB.

If there was a extra 2nd round pick or a extra 3rd round pick, the RB would be address earlier, but that's not the case. Have some faith in RB-DeAndre Washington and RB-Jalen Richard. I'm sure they will be better adjusted in their 2nd year. Have you even scouted RB-Darius Victor before knocking him off? I highly doubt it. He's a more physical force of nature than RB-Latavius Murray.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Solid overall work!

Like the Hodges signing

Thanks. Hankins is the guy I want the most next to Mack. He can play the run and the pass and don't count out on Logan as well. He can play the run and the pass a lot better than people give him credit for. NT-Snacks Harrison averaged out $9 mil per year with his new contract. Not sure if you believe Hankins will be getting more than that. $6 mil or $7 mil per year for Hankins is a good offer. Anything more than $9 mil is ridiculous for his service.

Rolni wrote:
Not a fan of the Harmon signing, especially with the Baker draft. We would have 3 smallish S and not one true SS. Also I do not trust any Pats DB to play well elsewhere.

The whole size thing needs to stop. If the guy can ball, he can ball. If you have a Bob Sanders at SS and Earl Thomas at FS, would you rather go with Michael Huff at FS and Stuart Schweigert at SS becuase they have better size? I don't think so.

Plus, FS-Duron Harmon is a 6-1 and 205lbs FS. Not sure what is it that makes him small to you.

Rolni wrote:
Can't see what you see in Joeckel. He was a ZBS LT, who struggled so badly that they moved him to ZBS LG. Can't see him as a fit in our PBS scheme. I think he doesn't have any future as OT in the NFL, his best chance is at OG in a ZBS scheme.

He graded out as a good run-blocker and offers versatility. Good project for Coach Tice and he won't cost much. That's what you want from your backup offensive linemen. He can't be much worst than RT-Menelik Watson.

Rolni wrote:
Can't really see the benefit not to bring back Riley. He is a solid stop gap and shouldn't ask for a lot. I would keep him and do not bring in Hodges if we surely go LB in round one. I would bring Perry back and bring in Hodges if he is trully a good option at WLB\ILB2. Neither guy should keep us back from a trully good LB prospect in the draft.
If we let Perry walk, who will be the MLB if Reuben and Davis goes before our pick? We reach? We hope someone will be there in the 2nd or 3rd? We hope for Cory James or Heeney to fill the role? I don't want to go that route.

Riley was a liability in coverage with average instincts at best and no explosiveness whatsoever. No "wow" factor. Better off signing Hodges and drafting Davis. Two guys that can play in coverage and be much more of a playmaker. The Perry Riley love around here is seriously out of control.

Rolni wrote:
I can't really see the benefit of an instant Dan Williams cut. He can be cut before, during, after TC if he is out of shape or underperforming again.

$4.5 mil saving with no dead cap hit to use that money on a better and younger player. That's the benefit of cutting him.

Rolni wrote:
Can't understand the Condo\LS move. If it ain't broken don't fix it. Why spend a draft pick on a LS, when we have a good, reliable veteran in place with a few more good years in him.

LS-Jon Condo will be 36-years-old next season. I'm not sure how many more good years he got left in him when he had some bad snaps this past season and his body been banged up over the years.

Rolni wrote:
Really like the Jarrad Davis pick. He could play at MLB or WLB for us and could really upgrade our pass D in the middle.

Absolutely! With his explosiveness, closing speed, athleticism, relentlessness, motor, read-and-react skills, instincts, and his tackling skills, he would be a upgrade at MLB over MLB-Perry Riley Jr without question.

Rolni wrote:
Would like the Budda pick, but I can't believe that he will be there in the end of the 2nd round. I read already some late first, early 2nd stuff on him.

There's so many teams that will be addressing their pass rush with quite a few talented pass-rushers in this 2017 NFL Draft class and with also a stacked of talented secondary players in this 2017 NFL Draft class, I can see FS-Budda Baker dropping down to the 56th pick in the 2nd round when we pick. I also like FS-Marcus Williams and FS-Desmond King if FS-Budda Baker won't be around when we pick.

Rolni wrote:
Moton could be a nice pick, but in this weak OL class I think he won't be there in the end of the 3rd round. Without this pick the Austin Howard cut looks like a bad move to me.

With so many teams that are in need of a LT, I can see Moton slipping down to the 88th pick in the 3rd round when we pick because he doesn't have the techniques and footwork to be a LT. RT-Taylor Moton is a RT with his monster run-blocking skills and offers versatility to play inside at RG.

Rolni wrote:
Like the WR and CB pick ups, don't know the guys you mentioned yet.

Two talented young players that's worth taking a shot on. WR-Ryan Switzer would solve our problem at the the slot WR position and CB-Jeremy Cutrer would be a developing CB that gives us more depth at the CB position.

Rolni wrote:

I wish that was the case, but the Seahawks trade for SS-Dewey McDonald for their conditional 2017 7th round pick was voided.

Rolni wrote:
The DWash, JRich combo was pretty ineffective without TayTrain, so I would like us to attack the power RB position sooner then the 7th and also with a bigger guy overall.

Before you say this trio wouldn't work, have you even seen RB-Darius Victor? He's a physical force of nature that plays with more power than RB-Latavius Murray.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

He asked "why cut WR-Johnny Holton?" and I told him why. It's WR-Ryan Switzer. What other question are you looking at? Laughing
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Thanks. r7s

Would make no sense to cut a cheap developmental WR unless he is simply out played in preseason.

Right now, There is nobody taking his 6th WR spot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

+1 I know he's synonymous with the End around everybody knew was coming. Seems premature to just release him

I hope he has this much impact to other GMs like how much he impacted you guys so we can get a draft pick out of this. I don't see what's so good about him besides his speed. Guy is too weak to survive in the NFL, not tough enough to take a hit, looks petrified out there, and whiffed on some punt return coverages as well. Seriously, what does he bring to the table that WR-Andre Holmes, WR-Seth Roberts, and WR-Ryan Swizter can't do?
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Thanks. r7s

Would make no sense to cut a cheap developmental WR unless he is simply out played in preseason.

Right now, There is nobody taking his 6th WR spot.

Check above. Plus, I would rather have a 10th offensive linemen considering RT-Menelik Watson history with injuries than having a 6th WR that doesn't bring much to the roster.
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Solid overall work!

Like the Hodges signing

Thanks. Hankins is the guy I want the most next to Mack. He can play the run and the pass and don't count out on Logan as well. He can play the run and the pass a lot better than people give him credit for. NT-Snacks Harrison averaged out $9 mil per year with his new contract. Not sure if you believe Hankins will be getting more than that. $6 mil or $7 mil per year for Hankins is a good offer. Anything more than $9 mil is ridiculous for his service.

I know Hankins had a pretty good year as a pass rusher 2 years ago, I'm just not sure which is his true form. That one ear or the others. If the others we just buy a 2down NT for big bucks.

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

The whole size thing needs to stop. If the guy can ball, he can ball. If you have a Bob Sanders at SS and Earl Thomas at FS, would you rather go with Michael Huff at FS and Stuart Schweigert at SS becuase they have better size? I don't think so.

Plus, FS-Duron Harmon is a 6-1 and 205lbs FS. Not sure what is it that makes him small to you.

Earl Thomas and Bob Sanders...sound good, but hey these dudes are not that caliber...most probably never will be.
I'm not too high on this size stuff, but we clearly want to run a cover 3 Defense, where you need a bigger SS ideally. That's why I think we will try to get bigger at S. Harmon is a system guy in NE IMO. I can see the Bubba-KJ tandem working out well, but most probably we would need to pull the trigger in the first then.

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

He graded out as a good run-blocker and offers versatility. Good project for Coach Tice and he won't cost much. That's what you want from your backup offensive linemen. He can't be much worst than RT-Menelik Watson.

He is a ZBS player and we run a PBS. This is not bothering you? We have enugh depth at OG IMO. Also I think Watson was pretty solid at RT...he just needs to stay healthy...

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Riley was a liability in coverage with average instincts at best and no explosiveness whatsoever. No "wow" factor. Better off signing Hodges and drafting Davis. Two guys that can play in coverage and be much more of a playmaker. The Perry Riley love around here is seriously out of control.

There is no Perry love, but we need to hit this LB corp right this time, so I woud bring him back and also try to bring in a WLB via FA. Then get the best LB in the draft and let that trio battle it out. James, Ball, Heeney can battle for the depth positions.

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

$4.5 mil saving with no dead cap hit to use that money on a better and younger player. That's the benefit of cutting him.

If we cut him after the draft we can still save that money...I can't see the benefit of the fast cutting...

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

LS-Jon Condo will be 36-years-old next season. I'm not sure how many more good years he got left in him when he had some bad snaps this past season and his body been banged up over the years.

He is a leader on this team. He plays mostly mistake free, so again if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it...IMO

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

There's so many teams that will be addressing their pass rush with quite a few talented pass-rushers in this 2017 NFL Draft class and with also a stacked of talented secondary players in this 2017 NFL Draft class, I can see FS-Budda Baker dropping down to the 56th pick in the 2nd round when we pick. I also like FS-Marcus Williams and FS-Desmond King if FS-Budda Baker won't be around when we pick.

Still can't see him being there at 56. The other two could be there or at least one of them. These dudes are FS prospect. I would like to move Karl to FS and look for an SS via draft, so I would go in a different direction I guess

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

With so many teams that are in need of a LT, I can see Moton slipping down to the 88th pick in the 3rd round when we pick because he doesn't have the techniques and footwork to be a LT. RT-Taylor Moton is a RT with his monster run-blocking skills and offers versatility to play inside at RG.

This draft is verall weak, so he could climb the boards IMO, but you could be right.

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

I wish that was the case, but the Seahawks trade for SS-Dewey McDonald for their conditional 2017 7th round pick was voided.

Oh...

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Before you say this trio wouldn't work, have you even seen RB-Darius Victor? He's a physical force of nature that plays with more power than RB-Latavius Murray.

I said it could work. I'm just not sure, not a fan right now. I will watch some tape on that dude for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: