FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

John Pagano joining Raiders staff as Asst. Head Coach D.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Ard not to like the move. He has a ton of experience, and iis overqualified for an assistant type role. And it's easy to see what this is, an on staff replacement for KNJ is the defense doesn't progress next season. And I like the idea. We need as many guys as we can to coach up that side of the ball and he's been around a long time. Norton knows get this thing on track or we have the guy in the bulding to tske your job as soon as it's needed. Solid move IMO.

Exactly. Love this move. Adds his input and if KNJ can't pull it together, you have an option.

This team is a competitive defense away from a Championship. Moves like are exciting to see. They know what needs to happen.

If the defense can't pull it together this year it will be partly Pagano fault as well, He could be a scapegoat aswell.

Also as a Asst HC he is in the position to take over for JDR if need be. Not because of a firing or whatnot but because of JDR having to be away for a game or two. I think Musgrave was the asst HC til he wasn't resigned.

Move makes sense. He will help build this defense with KNJ.

Bro you defend KNJ like your life depends on it Laughing

No one is saying he's gonna be fired outright, but he definitely isn't a good coordinator.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: John Pagano joining Raiders staff as Asst. Head Coach D. Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/01/23/chargers-john-pagano-is-leaving-for-oakland-raiders/

Quote:
SAN DIEGO Defensive coordinator John Pagano is leaving the Chargers organization to work for the Oakland Raiders, a source told FOX 5 Monday.

Not too sure what to make of it yet, but if it helps the defense in any way I am all for it.

KNJ insurance.

this

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Ard not to like the move. He has a ton of experience, and iis overqualified for an assistant type role. And it's easy to see what this is, an on staff replacement for KNJ is the defense doesn't progress next season. And I like the idea. We need as many guys as we can to coach up that side of the ball and he's been around a long time. Norton knows get this thing on track or we have the guy in the bulding to tske your job as soon as it's needed. Solid move IMO.

Exactly. Love this move. Adds his input and if KNJ can't pull it together, you have an option.

This team is a competitive defense away from a Championship. Moves like are exciting to see. They know what needs to happen.

If the defense can't pull it together this year it will be partly Pagano fault as well, He could be a scapegoat aswell.

Also as a Asst HC he is in the position to take over for JDR if need be. Not because of a firing or whatnot but because of JDR having to be away for a game or two. I think Musgrave was the asst HC til he wasn't resigned.

Move makes sense. He will help build this defense with KNJ.

Bro you defend KNJ like your life depends on it Laughing

No one is saying he's gonna be fired outright, but he definitely isn't a good coordinator.

I don't think any of us have enough real evidence to truly judge but I respect your right to disagree with my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why leave KNjr hanging around? Why not cut ties?
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KNJ was a rookie playcaller....It's looking better with this hire, and JDR helping out the D.... KNJ didn't set the world on fire with a complex blitzing scheme, but I honestly just think the defense lacked talent and had bad luck

Ben Heeney was a huge flop, signed a journeyman on the fly during the season to be defense captain in the middle
Malcolm stopped overachieving and became a liability
Joseph came in hurt, and a rookie
Nelson was no Woodson
Aldon Smith never got on the field
Mario Edwards was out basically the entire year(2nd best defender in 2015)
Lack any presence in the interior of defense line( Latham an UDFA took alot of PT since everyone else under achieved)
Our big cover corners got exposed by shifty explosive wideouts of the league
First round rookies thrown into the wolves and had zero impact Ward and Calhoun
DJ Hayden got hurt again....
BigD1123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing they came to my mind. JDR no doubt likes KNJ and wants to keep him. But if he does have to get rid of him it could cause some issues. The players like Irvin like KNJ and firing him might ignite something. But you bring in a guy like JP and he gets to gel with players and maybe show KNJ how to game plan or make adjustments. If it helps KNJ become more complete then great if not we have an in house replacement who already has the respect of the players.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the move. He has done more with less talent. Just a lot of hands in the cookie jar. With KNJ,Del Rio and now Pagano. I just want improvement so ill take any help that comes.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:

Yea it will be interesting to see what Pagano could do with some past rush. Didn't really have it in SD aside from Bosa. His starting CBs were much better tho. Like this idea.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this move!
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They obviously knew there was a problem and this is one of the ways JDR wants to go about fixing it, next will be letting Norton go but I would much rather see this work.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
I like the move. He has done more with less talent. Just a lot of hands in the cookie jar. With KNJ,Del Rio and now Pagano. I just want improvement so ill take any help that comes.

Yeah, maybe too many.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Yeah, maybe too many.

I look at it more as JDR can leave the defense and 'developing' of KNJ to Pagano giving him more autonomy over the entire team.

Couple Charger FA's Pagano will know well:

Ingram, Te'o, Addae,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Yeah, maybe too many.

I look at it more as JDR can leave the defense and 'developing' of KNJ to Pagano giving him more autonomy over the entire team.

Ingram, Te'o, Addae,

I would be really surprised if they let Ingram or Te'o walk. Also Addae should be back there...even if he leaves I can't really see him as an option for us.
Two 5'10 guys at back, with Addae also being under 200....seems to be too small
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Yeah, maybe too many.

Ingram, Te'o, Addae,

I agree to an extent, but why bother bringing in a more experienced (arguably better) defensive mind to develop the less experienced Norton - why not just let Pagano do his stuff and cut ties - it seems like an awful lot of effort in a results based league.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Yeah, maybe too many.

Ingram, Te'o, Addae,

I would be really surprised if they let Ingram or Te'o walk. Also Addae should be back there...even if he leaves I can't really see him as an option for us.
Two 5'10 guys at back, with Addae also being under 200....seems to be too small

Ingram would be awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: