Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints 2017 offseason talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
Saints and Butler have agreed to a long term deal, however the Saints are leaning away from trading one of their top 3 picks for him according to Rap

In my ideal world we trade a 2018 conditional 3rd round pick that could turn into a 2nd, and just keep all our picks this year.
what incentive would that give the pats to make a trade? They could keep him this year and get a 3rd back as a comp pick when he leaves.

None. They're not making a trade without at least a 2nd rounder.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Saints and Peterson are closing in on a one year deal, worth around 3$ million. Shocked

Not bad at all. Worth a shot to see how well he does with a looooooooooooot less touches as a backup. We already don't run that much and he's only a backup, might keep him fresh. Either way, it's worth the shot for $3 mil.

No it's not. Not worth a shot at all. It's taking stupid to a whole new level. Peterson adds nothing new to the Saints offense. Ingram is already a very similar runner. Neither are very good at taking passes out of the backfield. Neither are real good pass blockers.

This stinks of a desperation move in the PR sense. Look Saints fans! We signed ADRIAN PETERSON!! YAY!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Saints and Peterson are closing in on a one year deal, worth around 3$ million. Shocked

Not bad at all. Worth a shot to see how well he does with a looooooooooooot less touches as a backup. We already don't run that much and he's only a backup, might keep him fresh. Either way, it's worth the shot for $3 mil.

No it's not. Not worth a shot at all. It's taking stupid to a whole new level. Peterson adds nothing new to the Saints offense. Ingram is already a very similar runner. Neither are very good at taking passes out of the backfield. Neither are real good pass blockers.

This stinks of a desperation move in the PR sense. Look Saints fans! We signed ADRIAN PETERSON!! YAY!!

Lol it's a $3 mil contract, one year deal, to one of the greatest RBs of all time to see if they can get ANYTHING out of him. You and I both know you'll be singing the praises of the signing if it works out well. There is legitimately no downside to this. If he has nothing then he gets benched. If he does have something then he gets maybe 15 snaps a game and gives us a viable backup for said snaps, we don't have a backup worth a damn at RB anyways.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

I tend to disagree...

I actually like the signing. Ingram isn't a superstar and has battled injuries throughout his career. Peterson and Hightower are similar players but Peterson is clearly an upgrade. This addition allows the Saints from having to spend a pick on a runner and it allows Peterson to go somewhere to finish out and extend his career. Hell be great in a relief role behind Ingram and gives the Saints a great option in the event of an injury. They also have a young promising runner in Lassco so it to me appears to be an ideal fit for both sides

That's just me tho...

WHODAT91FOREVER
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus it's worth it alone in the salt that will flow in from Minnesota. Laughing

Since the schedule has been announced alone on both reddit and FF there's been people saying they hope they rough up and injure Brees. Any Vikings fan who thinks that is the definition of a hypocrite and doesn't realize it.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

I tend to disagree...

I actually like the signing. Ingram isn't a superstar and has battled injuries throughout his career. Peterson and Hightower are similar players but Peterson is clearly an upgrade. This addition allows the Saints from having to spend a pick on a runner and it allows Peterson to go somewhere to finish out and extend his career. Hell be great in a relief role behind Ingram and gives the Saints a great option in the event of an injury. They also have a young promising runner in Lassco so it to me appears to be an ideal fit for both sides

That's just me tho...

Agree to disagree. Seems more of a PR move than anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
I kinda wonder if it's a smoke move. Keep teams thinking we'll go all defense, then select offense at 11 and/or 32. Of course, that would be stupid, and I wouldn't put it past the brass.

My hope is that they feel this will solidify the backfield without anything "fancy" like Payton likes, and that they'll go all defense with the first 3 picks. A couple good CB's, an edge rusher, then go get new toys to play with.
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really see a problem with the deal for AP. Although not same level of need, this is very reminiscent bringing in Nick Fairley. Player that has been productive in the past but has had some down years that fills a spot in a back-up/rotational role that if they play at their old level we got a great player for cheap, if not, well he fills the back-up role at about the same level we expect a back-up player at that value to do.
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are nuts. Peterson will be the starter before October 1st. This will be a great signing.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when is Ingram not good at catching passes out of the backfield? He's made some big plays in the air, and he's shown he can handle volume when asked.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Since when is Ingram not good at catching passes out of the backfield? He's made some big plays in the air, and he's shown he can handle volume when asked.

Wait who said that?

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Wait who said that?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21465350#21465350

Swatcha. I also totally disagree that Ingram is a poor pass blocker, he's improved to average at the very worst. Peterson isn't good though.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on pick 32 in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587768

Thanks,

GFW
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it looks like you guys are signing AP, I figured I'd throw out my two cents as a long time Vikes fan. The best news is that you guys are getting him at a great price. 3M is nothing compared to the 18M from his previous year, and his upside potential is almost through the roof. With AP, you don't get a great pass blocker, you don't get a great receiver, you get a guy with some injury concern, an "over 30" RB, and a guy who has had bouts with fumblitis. What you do get is one of the more spectacular RB's of the past decade, someone who can be a home run threat at any time, and someone who should never be doubted... and I cannot stress that enough. AP has disproved naysayers again and again, whether it be from his knee injuries or from his child abuse scandal, he comes out the next year and surprises even the most confident AP fans. He carried the Minnesota offense on his back year after year, and I think that finally wore him down, but given the right situation, he easily has the possibility to be the NFL rushing champ yet again. What he needs to thrive is an average O-line, an offensive scheme that runs out of the single back or pistol set (he is attrocious out of the shotgun), and if his team has a semblance of a passing game to take pressure off of him he has no reason why he cannot succeed.

While I am not going to complain that he was released by MN (though I would have had him back at 3 mil per yr), I will not enjoy having to play against him at all.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 mil to see what's left not a bad deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: