Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints 2017 offseason talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be rid of Brees either, at all. I will say, though, when a QB starts to drop off, it goes quickly. If another team sees his decline, that puts us behind the 8 ball. Reduces our trade possibilities and leverage.

In short, I think 2 more years of good production is probably right with him, then he'll be done. What could 2 years of training behind Brees produce? Probably quite a bit.

The addition of Chase Daniels tells me their not looking at a QB yet, but you never know with Payton. It could be a pawn move to set people up.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints meeting with Adrian Peterson.

1st down runner to keep Ingram fresh? Bring in the more versatile Ingram on 2nd and 3rd down?

If that plays out, I see Ingram being the next guy to complain and get traded. Laughing
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

1st down runner to keep Ingram fresh? Bring in the more versatile Ingram on 2nd and 3rd down?

If that plays out, I see Ingram being the next guy to complain and get traded. Laughing
You don't think Loomis will actually pay Peterson what he wants, do you? If he left the Patriots without a deal, it's likely due to $$$. I hope (if he lands with us) he comes on the cheap.

His numbers were sucking, he's aging, fresh off a knee injury too... I'm not against it, but it better be for the right $$$
saintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the highest Vegas odds to land Sherman Laughing

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:

Pass. We are building a young team. He doesn't fit the bill. Just draft the players needed.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoDatNation wrote:
saintsfan wrote:

Pass. We are building a young team. He doesn't fit the bill. Just draft the players needed.
Agreed, much more comfortable with Butler than Sherm.
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a couple years ago Sherman would've been a very enticing option. However he's quickly approaching 30 and likely will be starting to slow a bit in the coming years. Obviously would still be an upgrade but likely not worth the price that would come with it. Better off drafting a couple CBs in a very talented CB class
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

You don't think Loomis will actually pay Peterson what he wants, do you? If he left the Patriots without a deal, it's likely due to $$$. I hope (if he lands with us) he comes on the cheap.

His numbers were sucking, he's aging, fresh off a knee injury too... I'm not against it, but it better be for the right $$$

Yeah I just don't see it. He is a very one dimensional back that doesn't fit our scheme. In his prime his numbers were much worse out of shotgun sets compared to I Formation type sets. Then factoring in age and injury it's hard to get excited about this. Obviously he's a big name and his lack of production was more of a product of a terrible oline last year before he got injured, but I just don't see it being a great signing, and will likely cost much more than he is currently worth. This RB class is considered to be the most talented in years might as well go that route whether its a guy like McCaffrey, Samuel, Mixon, Etc.
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Sean Payton shared his thoughts on McCaffrey today. Should be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on him at pick 11

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whodatdish.com/2017/04/10/new-orleans-saints-payton-mccaffrey/amp/
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior Galette arrested. Hasn't played a regular season snap since the Saints cut him. Hopefully this spells the end of his career.
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Junior Galette arrested. Hasn't played a regular season snap since the Saints cut him. Hopefully this spells the end of his career.

He's such a knucklehead. Just wasted his prime years and a lot of potential money.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

Hahahahahaha. Bye Junior.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking tonight that a guy like Jamaal Charles might be a solid signing for us if he is healthy again. Obviously it would depend on how we approach the draft, but if for some reason the RBs don't fall to us the way we expect in the draft Jamaal would be a good backup plan.

He doesn't have to be a workhorse with Ingram here, and he fits the offense much better than signing a guy like AP. He's shown to be one of the most versatile RBs in the league over the past several years, and can be used effectively in the slot as well as RB. Obviously he's 30 and coming off an injury, but I'd wager he's still more athletic than most RBs in the league, and he still has elite vision. I also doubt he asks for as much money as AP.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
I was just thinking tonight that a guy like Jamaal Charles might be a solid signing for us if he is healthy again. Obviously it would depend on how we approach the draft, but if for some reason the RBs don't fall to us the way we expect in the draft Jamaal would be a good backup plan.

He doesn't have to be a workhorse with Ingram here, and he fits the offense much better than signing a guy like AP. He's shown to be one of the most versatile RBs in the league over the past several years, and can be used effectively in the slot as well as RB. Obviously he's 30 and coming off an injury, but I'd wager he's still more athletic than most RBs in the league, and he still has elite vision. I also doubt he asks for as much money as AP.
Lots of upside to a guy like Charles. I'm not sure of the extent of his injury, but most of these guys these days, with all the training and modern techniques, can bounce back nicely.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used a taser on Junior during his arrest. Laughing Laughing Laughing I would've paid good money to see that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 32 of 35

Jump to: